Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2022/23 - [Redacted] is available for selection

Started by JamesTC, August 05, 2022, 04:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

The Premier League is back tonight, with the immovable objects of Crystal Palace facing the unstoppable force of Arsenal, so we start a new thread.

5 subs. New refs. Multi-ball. Same old [insert name of team].

Previous thread here.

Thursday

This'll be shit I reckon.

I'm strangely looking forward to the chaos that having a winter break for the world cup will bring. That's the most interesting  part of this season to me.

JamesTC

[Redacted] starts for Arsenal. I'm sure that Selhurst Park won't be mentioning anything about any potential ongoing legal cases or those dropped on a technicality despite the player admitting it.

buttgammon

Well, they have done such a good job of concealing the identity of The Player in question...

Mobius

the Arsenal Palace game is free on "Sky Showcase" apparently.

imitationleather

I just hope the real winner tonight is football

And Crystal Palace

Mobius

imitationleather

imitationleather

Bayern winning 5:0 at half-time away to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: imitationleather on August 05, 2022, 08:25:39 PMBayern winning 5:0 at half-time away to Eintracht Frankfurt.

I didn't pay attention to the football thread over the closed season - everyone agreed that Bayern made out like absolute bandits over Lewandowski/Mane, right?

Inspector Norse

Yeah just turned that on in my hotel room, you clearly need to be in the penthouses to get the Premier League.
Congratulations to Bayern Munich on being named Bundesliga 22-23 champions.

Mobius

Xhaka first yellow of the season, should have put money on that

Inspector Norse

Fortunate that Bayern were 5 up at half-time because Neuer's already gifted Frankfurt two goals in the second half, though his blushes were spared by the first being given offside.

JamesTC

Arteta confirmed in the post match press conference that they prepared for the game by playing boos in training every time [redacted] touched the ball.

Kankurette

I'm staying with Evertonian relatives and they're going the match tomorrow. I'll be watching Peter Hook instead.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Kankurette on August 05, 2022, 11:31:26 PMI'm staying with Evertonian relatives and they're going the match tomorrow. I'll be watching Peter Hook instead.

Same actually. If you see a fella with a massive head and Celtic jersey, give us a wave.

Kankurette

I'm the short woman in the German army shirt and glasses. I do not look like a Rebellion type.

bgmnts

Mitrovic to score and get booked 9/1.

One step away now.

Kankurette

Klopp's chance to bully Marco Silva again foiled by giant Serb.

JamesTC

Quote from: Kankurette on August 06, 2022, 02:29:42 PMKlopp's chance to bully Marco Silva again foiled by giant Serb.

Let's face it though, it was Everton and not Silva that they were bullying.

Was Marco Silva the manager in that game when Lucas took a pot shot and Klopp was on the bench taking the piss out of it?

TrenterPercenter

Hehe Villa lost 2-0 to Bournemouth.  I've a Villa fan but you have to laugh with all the preseason hype again - they'll never learn.

Poobum

Leeds done a win. After conceding so early I feared the worst. This Ted Lasso type guy might not be so bad, hope he has a better second season than the show :/

Kankurette

It's day 1 and already the dreaded R word has been mentioned in the Everton v Chelsea feed. And no, it's not Ross Barkley.
Quote from: JamesTC on August 06, 2022, 03:40:38 PMLet's face it though, it was Everton and not Silva that they were bullying.

Was Marco Silva the manager in that game when Lucas took a pot shot and Klopp was on the bench taking the piss out of it?
No, it was Martinez and how he wasn't sacked after that shitshow beats me. Lucas was before Silva's time.

I just find the idea of Klopp giving Silva a noogie funny.

JamesTC

Quote from: Kankurette on August 06, 2022, 07:29:08 PMIt's day 1 and already the dreaded R word has been mentioned in the Everton v Chelsea feed. And no, it's not Ross Barkley.

Understandable given that they have just lost one of their starters very possibly for the season and another for a few weeks at least. This being after DCL picked up an injury that will keep him out for a few weeks.

Liverpool are likewise already piling on the injuries. Jones, Thiago, Keita, Konate and Ox all out. Thankfully two or three might be back by the time the CL restarts.

Crenners

Kank, I'll PayPal you a hundred quid to not post about Everton until January please

TrenterPercenter

Take the money Kanks, then create a new account called something like B Crab, no that's too obvious, how about Boston C.  All you need is a convincing back story like starting your own gaming patisserie something like that, then post about Everton to your hearts content.

imitationleather

Can't get the Premier League table to load. Can someone have a look and tell me who's top please?

Thanks in advance xxx