Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

*Ink Spots music intensifies*

edit: new page dickhead

Buns look good!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

BeardFaceMan

Now that's a proper montage, nice one. What's the accompanying song?

Blue Jam

Address Unknown, of course!

Cheers guys! I'm having way too much Fun With Buns™ here... Update: You don't need a nice tight roll, these things continue to rise like motherfuckers:

Buns now touching (oo-er), going in the oven now

Blue Jam

Smol Goodman approves.

Well, these are interesting. The buns themselves came out rather bready and undersweetened because of the way I modified the recipe, but the frosting complemented them really well! Frosting is sweet, but works with the almost savoury breadiness, and with the lemon juice and cream cheese it's not too sweet or too rich. I might try another modified version with wholegrain flour and oats and some kind of fruit compote on the top, would make a nice healthy breakfast dish!

Got 'em nice and soft-centred too, I can see why they're best eaten with a knife and fork.

And yes, when you put the frosting on they go into glorious Technicolor and your eyes meet Kim Wexler's across the food court. The recipe said that's supposed to happen.

mjwilson

Gonna go to real Cinnabon to get snacks for the finale I think.

(I'm too incompetent to do a good job making my own)

selectivememory

They look lovely. Tempted to make some of my own for the finale.

All this talk of cinnamon buns for the finale is adorable. Count me in!

hamfist

kittens

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: mjwilson on August 05, 2022, 06:27:00 PMGonna go to real Cinnabon to get snacks for the finale I think.

(I'm too incompetent to do a good job making my own)

Quote from: selectivememory on August 05, 2022, 06:56:53 PMThey look lovely. Tempted to make some of my own for the finale.

Can't decide which to do yet but definitely going to be eating one some for the finale too. Been thinking about it a lot with these Gene episodes  but you lot have given me the push you enabling bunch of feeders.

Partner's picked a hell of a day to have their birthday, will just have to pop a candle in one.

Blue Jam

Put all mine in the freezer now, think they should keep fairly well for a week and a half. Won't finish eating them by then because while they're only Minibon-sized they're really bloody filling. I don't know how that security guard managed to get through a full-sized one every night.

The Guppy

Nearest Cinnabon is 30 fucking miles away but I might get some soggy Tesco knockoffs for the finale.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Tempted to make some methamphetamine hydrochloride for the big finale. Maybe sprinkle some cinnamon on it.

Blue Jam

Cinnabon's sales are gonna quadruple on the 15th aren't they?

There are no Cinnabons in Scotchland. Not even deep-fried ones.

jobotic

I'm sorry but as much as I love BCS, this thread and all of you in this thread, cinnamon is revolting.

So meth for me too!

NoSleep

Blue Jam

Quote from: NoSleep on August 05, 2022, 10:38:25 PMI'll make do with a bottle of Gus' plonk.

Probably cheaper than Jimmy's Davis & Main bottle + fake piss in the auction tbf

IsavedLatin

Quote from: mr. logic on August 05, 2022, 01:18:22 PMGood luck with that! Am I the only person left that thinks Breaking Bad was a hugely superior show to Saul?

Team BB here too.

Custard

Well done Blue Jam, they look better than the ones in the show!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I do wish they'd have filmed the Nebraska scenes at a different time of year. It looks so dumb to have all the trees in full bloom with leaves, and then all the fake snow everywhere.

Has anyone noticed that the colour grading of the black and white changes sometimes? There was a bit in that episode where Gene has fixed himself a drink and sat down, and the B+W has a brown tint, almost sepia, but then dog walker man phones up on the stupid bluetooth thing and tells Gene he won't rob cancer man.

As soon as Gene hears this, the colour switches from brown tinted to a very stark black and white. The scene is at exactly 50:00 if you want to see it.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 05, 2022, 08:22:56 PMPut all mine in the freezer now, think they should keep fairly well for a week and a half. Won't finish eating them by then because while they're only Minibon-sized they're really bloody filling. I don't know how that security guard managed to get through a full-sized one every night.

Having worked night security I can safely say you'd eat a whole fucking shop doing that job. You get so bored that you have to actively avoid snacking to kill the boredom because there's very little else you're allowed to do. They basically want a human scarecrow half the time.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Pimhole on August 05, 2022, 11:24:46 PMCOBBLERS

What is that anyway? It looks like doner and chips with garlic sauce.

Pimhole

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 06, 2022, 06:41:41 AMWhat is that anyway? It looks like doner and chips with garlic sauce.

It's one of the pies (or cobblers) left over from Jimmy's pie-sitting fetish ruse.

Blue Jam

Banoffee I think. Got those weird chocolate-coated banana sweets on the top.

Jimmy's University of American Samoa sweatshirt what Kim looks so sexy in there is up for sale at the BCS prop auction. It's been noted that while Jimmy's "2nd Best Lawyer" cup and Hector's bell are in there, none of the 250 lots are Kim-related. Some have suggested that an El. Kimino might be in the works, but apart from her earrings does she have an iconic item?

Maybe the absence of the earrings is actually telling though!

phantom_power

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on August 05, 2022, 12:27:06 PMthat
Spoiler alert
noose
[close]
has me worried.

Spoiler alert
It doesn't look like a noose to me. It is just a knot. Tie the knot? Don't know but I don't think it is a noose
[close]

dontpaintyourteeth

Bob has apparently been caught being 'horny on main'. Goarn Bob lad!