Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

the man nearly died, let him be a foot guy in peace imo

elliszeroed

Quote from: phantom_power on August 06, 2022, 01:07:02 PM
Spoiler alert
It doesn't look like a noose to me. It is just a knot. Tie the knot? Don't know but I don't think it is a noose
[close]

Spoiler alert
Maybe the final episode swerves and Jimmy ends up fucking a dog to prove his love to Kim?
[close]

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on August 06, 2022, 01:51:41 PMthe man nearly died, let him be a foot guy in peace imo

That seems to be the consensus from the twitterati. The bloke only followed 29 (now 28) accounts too.

Quote from: buttgammon on August 04, 2022, 09:15:29 AMThat said, although I'm happy to suspend disbelief with things like a middle-aged Jesse in the last episode and Mike looking older than time itself, Giancarlo Esposito is realistically getting on a bit too much to play (relatively) young Gus and I'm not sure if I could see another actor in such an iconic role.

If they can get the deaging as good as in this fan-made video then anything is possible

NoSleep

Quote from: buttgammon on August 04, 2022, 09:15:29 AMThe loose ends with Gus have always intrigued me: his relationship with his partner (can't remember the name) but also the roots in Chile. Pinochet has to be a factor one way or another.

That said, although I'm happy to suspend disbelief with things like a middle-aged Jesse in the last episode and Mike looking older than time itself, Giancarlo Esposito is realistically getting on a bit too much to play (relatively) young Gus and I'm not sure if I could see another actor in such an iconic role.

It could be interesting to find another younger actor to play the role. They wouldn't necessarily have to step into old Gus' shoes, given the running theme, through BB & BCS, of characters breaking bad. I wonder what terrible mistakes he may have made earlier to make him so meticulously evil as he got older.

Blue Jam

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on August 06, 2022, 01:48:34 PMBob has apparently been caught being 'horny on main'. Goarn Bob lad!

Was probably searching for "kim feet pics"

The BCS fandom outside here is fucking weird. BCS "stan" Twitter in particular is terrifying.

Blue Jam

Perhaps this is all just totally innocuous boomer behaviour, like with Ed Balls... actually, Toedenkirk is a producer on BCS and there are an awful lot of bare feet in the show...

JamesTC

The chances of Bob starring in the next Tarantino flick have jumped considerably, though.

But seriously, I'd love that.

Custard

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 06, 2022, 02:08:41 PMIf they can get the deaging as good as in this fan-made video then anything is possible

Blimey, that's flawless

I get the impression though that they don't use such effects so as not to offend the actors. Which is nice

Rev+

Did these clips ever get posted on the previous threads?  New to me, anyway. 

grainger

I can't remember if anyone has already speculated this, based on the latest episode (and I have avoided the spoilers, so it may or may not be negated by those). So, here's my speculation for next episode:

Spoiler alert
I wonder if guessing the cancer guy will die as a result of a drug interaction with the barbiturates - Gene's going to break in to find him dead.
[close]

Rev+

Yeah, it seems like that's exactly what was being set up.  But, and sort of a spoiler if you didn't click on an earlier spoiler:

Spoiler alert
Mixing booze and downers is a bad idea for more reasons than straight-up killing you chemically, so the image for the next episode being a knotted rope makes me suspect that Gene will be walking into something of a scene.
[close]

elliszeroed

As for another spin-off, I don't like the idea of it being Gus but can't think of anyone else.

Multiple episodes of his growing up in Chile, dealing with the cartel, setting up The Chicken brothers, dealing with Madrigal, having to resist his urge to rape Lyle?

Lydia? Would her story be interesting, how she felt pushed into criminality by her Madrigal bosses due to being a single mother?

You know what I might be interested in? R J, post Breaking Bad, just for a single season,  showing how Walt impacted the family.

dontpaintyourteeth

I would like to see this creative team do something different

phantom_power

Cliff Main: Competent Lawyer. Coming soon to AMC

BeardFaceMan

They talked about making Better Call Saul a sitcom before they settled on making it a drama, would love to see them do something like that. If they follow their current trajectory their next series will feature no story at all and will just be a series of 60 minute montages.

Magnum Valentino

Now come on. A montage of a man making, with great care, a coffee for his wife who thereafter dumps it without consideration into a travel mug to get away from him all the sooner is storytelling of an extraordinary high quality.

Furthermore if these scenes weren't soundtracked, no one would be calling them montages.

This montage criticism that's caught on is a load of fucking old wank. Said it before, yiz are nothing but noticers.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on August 07, 2022, 10:08:20 AMFurthermore if these scenes weren't soundtracked, no one would be calling them montages.

But they are,so they are.

If you enjoy the increasing number of montages in their work, thats fine. Not enjoying the increasing number of montages in their work and making a silly joke about it is also fine.

dontpaintyourteeth

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 07, 2022, 10:50:17 AMBut they are,so they are.

If you enjoy the increasing number of montages in their work, thats fine. Not enjoying the increasing number of montages in their work and making a silly joke about it is also fine.

M'only messing Beardso

Custard

Yeah, Howard's wife dumping his beautifully made coffee into a flask to go was even more devastating to him than getting a Lalo bullet. His sad deflated face. Oof

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on August 07, 2022, 11:49:46 AMM'only messing Beardso

Heh sorry, I thought it was half and half.

Still, I really would have liked to see BCS as a sitcom by Vince & Peter, I think they could have done something very interesting with it, there's lots of humour through BB and BCS. And as nice as it is to see The Bob displaying his acting chops, I'd love to see him in a full on sitcom being funny.

Blue Jam

Bob's got a new film coming out but it's about (urggghh) lockdown:

https://www.worldsapartmovie.com

Looks like a bit of a Staged or Bo Burnham's Inside type effort, what with it  being made during lockdown, in the actors' own homes, with their own partners (and cute dogs) and with the crew working remotely. Ineresting and an admirable technical achievement but sitting through the entire thing would probably just depress me. Bah.

Pimhole

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on August 07, 2022, 12:19:21 PMStill, I really would have liked to see BCS as a sitcom by Vince & Peter, I think they could have done something very interesting with it, there's lots of humour through BB and BCS. And as nice as it is to see The Bob displaying his acting chops, I'd love to see him in a full on sitcom being funny.

If you hanker after a sitcommy BCS I urge you to watch Barry, the HBO series with Bill Hader, if you haven't already. It's a brilliantly put-together show and feels to me like what I expected BCS was going to be. (It's not really a "full-on sitcom" though.)

Blue Jam

Yes, Barry is great. And if you like that go and watch The Kominsky Method afterwards. Barry is like that but with guns.

Blue Jam

markburgle

Quote from: elliszeroed on August 06, 2022, 09:16:28 PMYou know what I might be interested in? R J, post Breaking Bad, just for a single season,  showing how Walt impacted the family.

I'd be well into that, or like a fictionalised episode of Oprah or 60 minutes on the family of the infamous Heisenberg 5 years on, where are they now type stuff

Blue Jam