Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Forsyth saga

Started by walktothewater, August 06, 2022, 02:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The Forsyth saga, a dramatic sit-com influenced by the implausibly popular television drama the Forsyte Saga from 1967 and the also weirdly popular Downton Abbey from 2014 or whenever, is a dramatic and entirely unconvincing representation of the day-to day life of Freddie Forsyth, the rubbish writer of so-called thriller novels and general all-purpose idiot, his family, associates, trust funds and other stuff.

Featuring shite unrealistic dialogue, stilted poses, corsets and scenes of London in the 1880s, the drama contains scenes of people drinking tea from bone china cups in posh houses, and people engaging in weird melodramatic speeches for no good reason. Featuring provocative dialogue, such as "godamn you Sir Roger, you are a rogue and a scoundrel!" and "very well then, I will henceforth adjourn to the proceedings on account of settling the matter of Grosvenor Square. I bid you adieu. Let us never talk of this matter again", the critics are already heralding the forthcoming drama as one of the best things they have seen since the end of rationing.

Episode One. Our hero, under the influence of Mallacan whiskey and 5 packets of Rothmans cigarettes, resummons the ghosts of all crap script writers that have ever been in the employment of the BBC. Will disaster follow? Who knows.

Meanwhile Mr Roderick Grissom, the Conservative Member of Parliament for Kensington South, hatches a plan to finally bring the "labour movement" to rights.

Sebastian Cobb

Was hoping this would be some sordid details about Bruce's life tbh.

Video Game Fan 2000

His reputation will never recover from when he came bursting out of that horse.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 06, 2022, 02:06:39 PMWas hoping this would be some sordid details about Bruce's life tbh.

Stay tuned, pop pickers. Bruce features in a VERY sordid manner in Episode 3.

Bruce Forsyth did actually take part in  an unaired episode of the series "who do you think you are?" Shortly before he popped his clogs. 

Turns out he came from a long line of tap dancing mercenaries from a remote village in Afghanistan.  So there was probably a tv show to be made out of that. 

idunnosomename

Disney star wars reboot ill-advised

Glebe

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 06, 2022, 02:06:39 PMWas hoping this would be some sordid details about Bruce's life tbh.

JesusAndYourBush

The other day for no reason I suddenly recalled a time when Brucie was being interviewed on someone else's show, maybe Des O'Connor or someone like that.  Brucie was complaining about people who impersonate him.

"People say I go vuhvuhvuhvuhvuh but I don't do that!  Why do they say I do that because I don't!.. (pause)... vuhvuhvuhvuhvuh."

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Jittlebags

I quite often utilise a Bruce Forsyth Attack when doing a spot of hacking.

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 06, 2022, 04:00:21 PMI quite often utilise a Bruce Forsyth Attack when doing a spot of hacking.

I was under the impression 78 bit Forsyth Encrpytion was inplentrable?

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on August 06, 2022, 02:17:38 PMBruce Forsyth did actually take part in  an unaired episode of the series "who do you think you are?" Shortly before he popped his clogs.

He actually starred in a real episode of that, Series 7 Ep 1, in 2010.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on August 06, 2022, 09:16:52 PMI was under the impression 78 bit Forsyth Encrpytion was inplentrable?

Nah, can be broken with a precomputed ternary logic table where each bit of the message can be quickly looked up and resolved to "Oh, wasn't that a shame"/"Keeeeep dancing!"/"Cuddly toy!" even then not a constant time solution though.

Oh he's dead and I missed the thread.

Or forgot about it.

Are we accepting his death or carrying on a hilarious joke like with the queen?

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 06, 2022, 09:43:38 PMNah, can be broken with a precomputed ternary logic table where each bit of the message can be quickly looked up and resolved to "Oh, wasn't that a shame"/"Keeeeep dancing!"/"Cuddly toy!" even then not a constant time solution though.

Oh he's dead and I missed the thread.

Or forgot about it.

Are we accepting his death or carrying on a hilarious joke like with the queen?

No one really knows when he actually snuffed it, given the robot was on telly for at least 10 years.