Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2022 Tory leadership election

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 08, 2022, 04:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which turd will become the next PM?

Turdy Turdnak, Johnson's  former Turdscraper
3 (3.9%)
Lizturd 'Trussalon' Turdruss, Turd Secretary (a turd)
11 (14.5%)
Penny Mordaunt, the more she done the more she dern't
1 (1.3%)
"Fondling" Ron, the 'Wayne Rooney Sponsored Wankathon' Ron and his wife Non-Ron
5 (6.6%)
Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Simpson
3 (3.9%)
The putrefying corpse of Jimmy Savile, he is a paedo and a necrophile
2 (2.6%)
All of the above
1 (1.3%)
Grant Schnapps
1 (1.3%)
A praying mantis with its cock out
6 (7.9%)
A pipette of iodine squirting through the darkening veins of a potato clock
5 (6.6%)
Louis Tussaud
3 (3.9%)
Oh yes, I'm the great bell-ender / Resetting all vote counts like a clowne
14 (18.4%)
Dresden and its twin-town Other Dresden
4 (5.3%)
C UNTC UNTC UNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTC
17 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 05, 2022, 12:41:18 PMseems it's stalemate when it comes down to how many offspring they have

Has Truss bred then?

New page horror

FalknerHinton

Yes, twice. I think she's mentioned that she's worried about what her teenage daughters see online.

Buelligan

Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: FalknerHinton on August 05, 2022, 12:45:12 PMYes, twice. I think she's mentioned that she's worried about what her teenage daughters see online.

What, their mother?

Alberon

Quote from: pigamus on August 05, 2022, 12:35:16 PMI'm surprised there isn't more pressure for him to stand aside and just let Truss get on with it

He was asked about it in the last debate.

QuoteAsked during a Sky News debate on Thursday night whether he would quit the race, the former chancellor said: "The quick answer is no". He stressed that he would continue "fighting".

Buelligan

Quote from: FalknerHinton on August 05, 2022, 12:45:12 PMYes, twice. I think she's mentioned that she's worried about what her teenage daughters see online.

Wow, yeah - https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1552720753354842113

JamesTC

He probably mispoke. What he was meant to say was people will have stopped reading after the headline which confirmed that he mispoke and not bother to be concerned about his explanation, so he has probably gotten away with it and doesn't even have to give an actual explanation. He could probably say anything really. Flibadapadeeloopywoopshoop. That'll do.

dr beat

*that Francis Urquhart look to camera*

Replies From View

Hadn't seen the video until now:

Quite clearly talking about shifting wealth from the poorest to the richest, because that's what Tories do and their supporters expect them to do.

idunnosomename

It being Tunbridge Wells was a bit on the nose

Alberon

How could he possibly have known he was being filmed?

That's probably the most mask-off I've seen a Tory in a long while.

He might as well quit now because if he wins Labour will have that on repeat

News is breaking that eco-protestors have disrupted a meeting she was addressing.  Perhaps it's because she's done so many u-turns they're thinking she could function as an environmentally friendly generator turbine.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 05, 2022, 08:08:18 PMNews is breaking that eco-protestors have disrupted a meeting she was addressing.  Perhaps it's because she's done so many u-turns they're thinking she could function as an environmentally friendly generator turbine.

QuoteMs Truss can be heard responding with a promise to clamp down on disruptive protest.

Of course she will. The Tories already had this in progress didn't they? Only acceptable, non-disruptive, protest will be allowed.

Fambo Number Mive

Is the Elizabeth Truss referred to in this article the Liz Truss? Surely not.

Meanwhile Andrew Neil has farted out the below turd.

Video of the GNDR protesters interrupting Truss

salr

My winter is going to be be bad in tearms of fuel bills.

I pity they people coming after me. they will have it worse.

Kankurette

elliszeroed

I take it Blob is another word for left-group-think?

imitationleather

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 06, 2022, 07:34:28 PM

Is the Elizabeth Truss referred to in this article the Liz Truss? Surely not.

I believe so.

And now this -

idunnosomename

Bit rich of Andrew Neil to go on about blobs

Fambo Number Mive

I'm surprised that Tory MPs opposed to Truss didnt realise that Sunak is hated by Tory members and unite behind Mordant. Once Sunak got through to the members vote it was clear that the other finalist would be the winner. Reminds me of Duncan Smith and Ken Clarke (although was Clarke hated by the membership or MPs or both for being so pro-EU?)

Truss seems less competent than Badenoch or Braverman. Surely a lot of Tory MPs will be very concerned at her taking over?

idunnosomename

Dont know about that Braverman and Badenoch are just anti-woke lunatics. Certainly not the most incompetent foreign secretary either

greencalx

I guess I'd worry about the state of education if I had an Oxford degree and no capacity for imaginative thinking.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently Truss has been "overinterpreted"

QuoteA senior ally of Liz Truss says the Tory leadership candidate has not ruled out giving help to families struggling with the cost of living crisis.

Penny Mordaunt claimed that to say so was "overinterpreting" what Ms Truss had previously said...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on August 05, 2022, 12:46:01 PMJust when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse.

https://iknowallnews.com/world-news/liz-truss-reveals-teen-daughters-are-managing-social-media-campaign/

Quote'My oldest daughter's working on the digital team. She's done a computing GCSE so she's helping out on that,' she added, 'And my younger daughter was there as well, giving general political advice.'

Fambo Number Mive

What has excited the person in the background so much?

Ironic that Truss has a daughter called Liberty when she wants to restrict the civil liberties of so many other people (refugees, protestors etc).