Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:34:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2022/23 - [Redacted] is available for selection

Started by JamesTC, August 05, 2022, 04:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

Seriously, I'll make it two hundred quid, I can't take another season of this displaced monomania.

Kankurette

Congrats to Bournemouth.
Quote from: Crenners on August 06, 2022, 08:49:43 PMSeriously, I'll make it two hundred quid, I can't take another season of this displaced monomania.
You could just put me on ignore. Besides, I'm in the Pukka Pies thread more nowadays.

If you think I'm obsessed, this is NOTHING.

Crenners

Quote from: Kankurette on August 06, 2022, 09:02:13 PMYou could just put me on ignore. Besides, I'm in the Pukka Pies thread more nowadays.

And you're not the first Liverpool fan who's tried to control me and tell me what to talk about.

I'm an Everton fan - which is why your posts are so excruciating.

I don't understand why you still post about them constantly after making a massive issue of no longer supporting them because of the impact it had. Your uncomfortable denial is very unpleasant for me to see so frequently.

I did have you on ignore but from experience, it's less frustrating to just scroll past your posts than to have it highlighted that you've posted yet again.

I'm genuinely asking you please not to post about Everton any more. I'm not trying to control you, I'm asking you politely and completely sincerely because you ruin this thread for me.

Kankurette

That's why I edited my post. I confused you with Chollis.

I'm at a festival. I checked my phone once or twice to see the score. That was it. It didn't upset me. And I'd say seeing shit like 'if you find the Guffaw Thread funny or post in it, you should kill yourself' is also pretty fucking upsetting. Or were you just doing a bit?

You have no idea how I think, and frankly you're causing me more distress than a football team can right now. 

Crenners

If you want to carry on posting about Everton, that's up to you. I was as sincere as possible with the request and you rejected it. OK.

Beyond that, I've no interest in engaging with you on any topic. Enjoy the festival.

Kankurette

You're on ignore. I'll save you the trouble.
Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 06, 2022, 05:54:05 PMHehe Villa lost 2-0 to Bournemouth.  I've a Villa fan but you have to laugh with all the preseason hype again - they'll never learn.
Early days, innit? They've probably got a bit of the old 'new PL team who dis' confidence.

Crenners

That doesn't actually help me but at least you will be able to ignore any more cash offers.

bgmnts

Wasn't playing close attention but think Everton played decently against Chelsea who looked a bit dodgy at the back.

imitationleather

If Spurs get a result against Chelsea next Sunday I'll be giving blowjobs to any needy children who want one.

Thursday

Chelsea aren't at it at all yet, often standard at this point in the season, but we really feel a few weeks behind, a new defense which need to learn to play together and communicate. Chilwell still recovering. Might still need more cover there as we're probably a bit fucked if we get a couple of injuries. We haven't really replaced Lukaku, since Sterling is more of a replacement for Werner who's going to be going. Although Broja looks okay. Ziyech might be going too, so would want some kind of attacking creative player there. I'm still scratching my head that we're playing Havertz there and that people think he's good.

Vitamin C

@Crenners don't worry about this thread mate, you've made a new big money signing. Here he is, clearly delighted to be there and giving the lads all his support yesterday.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1556000961738555392?

Kankurette

I wouldn't put it past Spurs. They're not as Spursy as they used to be.

Re Havertz, I wonder if COVID tanked him. Did t he have it twice?

FalknerHinton

On the other hand, it is extremely Spursy of them to trick everyone into thinking they aren't as Spursy as they used to be, and then revert exactly to type.

badaids

Quote from: Vitamin C on August 07, 2022, 10:20:27 AM@Crenners don't worry about this thread mate, you've made a new big money signing. Here he is, clearly delighted to be there and giving the lads all his support yesterday.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1556000961738555392?

My prediction for last season for the toffees was relegation, and I have the same this year. In spite of the heartening performance it was another game where the refereeing decisions were terrible and a stupid error costs us the game. So a continuation of last season basically except no Richi. 16th will be a great result.

I hope that Onana can have the same impact that Fellaini did when he arrived but all our signings seem to underwhelm ultimately. Here's hoping.

Inspector Norse

Erik ten Hag suddenly has the look of a man who seriously regrets his life choices

Booing him at halftime in his very first game seems a bit harsh.

- battered by Brighton, and still flattered by the scoreline
- a bunch of failed players who should have been binned and can't do what the manager theoretically wants them to do
- plus all the new signings looking bad
- falling out with and dropping his completely past it biggest player, who he needs to crawl back to try and save him anyway

It's just like watching Unai Emery

bgmnts

So united are just shite without Ferguson then really?

Did a real number on the club.

Thursday

You know as much as I feel like Man Utd fans have good reason to feel disappointed, booing the first match of the season when they weren't that bad is so fucking shitty. The entitlement never dies.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Thursday on August 07, 2022, 03:57:22 PMYou know as much as I feel like Man Utd fans have good reason to feel disappointed, booing the first match of the season when they weren't that bad is so fucking shitty. The entitlement never dies.

They were fucking rubbish from top to bottom and the fans had every right to boo after that bullshit. As SCSA says, they were flattered by the scoreline and for all the pressure (long punts into the box) for the last half hour or so they never looked like scoring on their own merits.

I obviously don't want to write off the manager after one game, but his performance was as bad as the players' today:

- picking Maguire and Dalot, who are both shit.
- bringing on van de Beek, who is shit.
- waiting until there was only a minute left before making the last three substitutions, which is fucking pointless.

And none of the problems in midfield have been helped by his weird monomaniacal obsession with signing a player that clearly doesn't want to join, when he should have abandoned that and looked at alternatives. I know people have said that he needs to be backed by the board, but they should have told him about a month ago that de Jong isn't going to happen and he needs to look elsewhere.

Wonderful Butternut

Said it last thread. Entire squad needs to go. Toxic shitpile with nothing and no one redeemable within.

As for whether ten Hag should give up on de Jong and sign someone else: On one hand, yeah he should do that, being that stubborn only works when you're already winning. On the other hand, maybe he, understandably given track record, does not trust the recruitment team at Man U to give him alternatives that both fit what he wants to do and are not good enough.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 07, 2022, 04:22:53 PMAs for whether ten Hag should give up on de Jong and sign someone else: On one hand, yeah he should do that, being that stubborn only works when you're already winning. On the other hand, maybe he, understandably given track record, does not trust the recruitment team at Man U to give him alternatives that both fit what he wants to do and are not good enough.

Isn't it part of his job to identify said alternatives? I can't believe that there's only a single player in the world who fits the bill. They should have given up on de Jong the day he said he wasn't interested, because spending fortunes on players who don't want to be there is a huge part of how they got in this mess in the first place.

bgmnts

Quote from: Thursday on August 07, 2022, 03:57:22 PMYou know as much as I feel like Man Utd fans have good reason to feel disappointed, booing the first match of the season when they weren't that bad is so fucking shitty. The entitlement never dies.

Booing the first game of the season is a bit crap but they were dreadful. Really really shit.

Gurke and Hare

Poor old West Ham tannoy bloke, having to do the job winding up the crowd for the start of the season before they get battered here.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: bgmnts on August 07, 2022, 04:28:20 PMBooing the first game of the season is a bit crap but they were dreadful. Really really shit.

They should be happy they were only booed. If it was Italy the fans would have burnt the training ground down by now.

JamesTC

I read they were apparently trying to play a high line. That surely has to be on the manager considering he started an Easter Island statue being carried by an oil tanker in the defence.

Would be great if Ronalado was forced to stay there for the rest of his contract (apparently United can extend it for another year) playing in the Europa League.

badaids

I don't think I'll ever tire of Man Utd being toss.

I don't want them to get relegated, I just want them to have amazing players that can't play as a team and finished in 11th for the rest of eternity.

shoulders

QuoteThey were fucking rubbish from top to bottom and the fans had every right to boo after that bullshit

Hahaha, it's the first game of the season! Welcome to every other fuckers world.

Some Man United fans are like Americans who talk about politics. In their world literally no other club/country has been used as a frame of reference before composing their opinion.