Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:48:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's still on Twitter and webcam

Started by Mister Six, November 15, 2021, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

I know he's been playing Rust again, has he streamed any of them, or is he just playing offline?

I'm in the midst of a Rust rewatch at the minute and I can really relate to Limmy's "I struggle with people telling me things, can you write it down instead".

Retinend

Ferris

Retinend

He should do a sitcom where Dee Dee becomes a Twitch streamer.

Retinend

Is anyone else enjoying the MGSV streams? I have a real soft spot for the MGS series and so I find Limmy - the ultimate psycho killer in any game he plays -  attempting to play stealth inherently funny. I even downloaded the game in order to play along with him.  So glad I did, by the way. What a game.

The audience seems to hate him playing it for some reason and are almost willing him to end it early. Most of the YouTube archives of his streams have really angry comments - "this is torture" "is he ever going to learn how to use the ___ button?" "why does he play it like a boomer?" etc.

DigForVictory

Quote from: Retinend on August 14, 2022, 04:04:37 PMIs anyone else enjoying the MGSV streams? I have a real soft spot for the MGS series and so I find Limmy - the ultimate psycho killer in any game he plays -  attempting to play stealth inherently funny. I even downloaded the game in order to play along with him.  So glad I did, by the way. What a game.

The audience seems to hate him playing it for some reason and are almost willing him to end it early. Most of the YouTube archives of his streams have really angry comments - "this is torture" "is he ever going to learn how to use the ___ button?" "why does he play it like a boomer?" etc.

I haven't watched much of Limmy playing Metal Gear Solid but it sounds like the audience are exasperated at how bad he is at the game.

It can be really funny watching him be so shite but it can get frustrating too, it's mad how awful he can be at video games considering he's been playing them for 70 or 80 years.

He misses the most obvious things to the point I sometimes thinks he's on the wind up.

bgmnts

People who get frustrated at someone not being good at a game is so baffling to me. Just play it if you like.

Someone being bad at a game is usually much more entertaining.

DigForVictory

It's definitely funnier that he's often so shite at games.

I remember the times he'd play Fall Guys and it was fucking magic watching him lose, especially when he'd get angry.

Then occasionally he'll get a new game and he'll be good at it, lot of twists and turns to keep the fans on their toes.

Critcho

"Are you tough enuss?" is my favourite Limmy 'deep dive' for a while. It's like a slow twisting of the knife, just savage.

frajer

Quote from: Critcho on August 15, 2022, 04:01:05 PM"Are you tough enuss?" is my favourite Limmy 'deep dive' for a while. It's like a slow twisting of the knife, just savage.

Hell yuss, I'm tuss enuss.

"Hell yeah, I'm toffee nuts! There's so much fun in Toffifee, motherfucker! It's a treat for all the family, yeah?"

He could so easily have styled it out.

up_the_hampipe

Enjoyed seeing Limmy genuinely laugh when he hears Louis Theroux rap:

Still mildly infuriating to watch him scroll randomly around videos though.

Retinend

https://youtu.be/FxH92-y8HHI?t=4466

Timestamped: Limmy talks about Erasure and music production. Chat gets impatient and starts making fun of him. At the end of this bit he utters in contempt of them: "if I were watching this this would be my favourite bit."

I think this is the beginning of his "actually Twitch is doing my head in" arc. It's nothing new that he berates chat, but it's something new that he can't even go off on tangents without chat whinging - do they even know who Limmy is, some of these moaners? I noticed during the MGSV streams that they had high expectations for stealth gameplay (ah yes, that famously hilarious stealth gameplay) and I can't get over it that they cut the run short with their moaning, as I was really enjoying those.

MrMrs

Whenever the chat has a pop at him, and he reacts, it's hilarious

MrMrs

Fuck the idiots in the chat though obviously

Retinend

Quote from: MrMrs on August 31, 2022, 09:22:53 AMFuck the idiots in the chat though obviously

Tell the truth - how many times have you asked Limmy to be unbanned?

The Bumlord

Quote from: Retinend on August 31, 2022, 09:14:32 AMand I can't get over it that they cut the run short with their moaning, as I was really enjoying those.

He binned it because it was getting repetitive, he said.

MrMrs

This again? He's never banned me. Find something new to be obsessed with mate. It's a nice day

Retinend

Quote from: The Bumlord on August 31, 2022, 12:19:37 PMHe binned it because it was getting repetitive, he said.

yeah but people were getting under his skin about how repetitive it actually was. He also mentions that he was losing viewers and that this scared him.

But I'm not mad. It's fine.... he played it until the main story was done. Killed Metal Gear Sahelanthropus (epic). All that was left in the game is a few loose ends stretched out with remixes of the missions he already played.

@MrMrs I was just pulling your leg

Retinend

I called it! This is the anti-Twitch arc that ends in Limmys Show series 4

Two Headed Sex Beast

I don't think it's the beginning of the end of him streaming, I think he's just finally realised that other streamers are mostly kids in comparison to him. They form cliques and fall out, create drama over tiny "she said this, he said that" bollocks, and encourage parasocial relationships with their "communities". He's made a few comments lately about their infantilised language, and takes the piss of out of their "hydrate" buttons. He's too old for that shit.

Limmy knows that 99% of folk are watching him because he's the famous funny man. This is his TV show now. I think keeping that distance is the best way to do it. He's gone through spells in the past where he gets a bit more pally with people online, but tends to default back to this current attitude.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: MrMrs on September 03, 2022, 09:28:47 AMWhat's this hydrate button thing?
It's just a thing some streamers have, where you can spend channel points to make something pop up to remind them to stay hydrated. It's just to increase engagement I suppose; but that's part of what makes twitch feel seedy to me sometimes. I'm not very good at articulating it though, but I can see why the streamer world seems alienating. A lot of 'kidults' who talk in baby language and hate adulting and need reminders to drink water; who are also cynical enough to do hot tub streams and track engagement and follower growth.

Morrison Lard

I can't watch him on twitch and just stick to the youtube clips,
it does my nut in when he responds to every single fucking resub or £3 donation.
There's a very low hit chance that one of the messages will be slightly amusing or send him off on
a youtube adventure, but it's almost all witless crap.

There's another streamer I do watch regularly on twitch, a bald Canadian who is a great bunch of lads.
He pretty much never acknowledges his subs or donations, and fucking hell the viewer experience is so much better for it.