Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,362
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Little & Large Xmas special 1980. Extraordinary.

Started by Brundle-Fly, December 22, 2012, 02:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Tony Yeboah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g5A6rtJHf8 It's Saturday Night on BBC One!

Quite liked the Cagney and Lacey joke. The library music adds the energy that Sid can't quite manage.

Glebe

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on August 10, 2022, 06:37:16 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g5A6rtJHf8 It's Saturday Night on BBC One!

Quite liked the Cagney and Lacey joke. The library music adds the energy that Sid can't quite manage.

"I think Jimmy Savile made a mistake letting you do this," hmmm.

I remember a Freddy Starr gag where he's a gangster going "You dirty rat!" and the camera pulls back to reveal him scrubbing a rat.

Nice one Eddie, sneaking Deputy Dog in at the end there!

DrGreggles

Alberon

Spudgun

Quote from: koeman on September 21, 2022, 08:15:22 PMhttps://twitter.com/SaucySeventies/status/1572625571946921986?s=20&t=KquUj9gwU-_LDKdECMDqig

Having just spent the last few days singing "Lubba Club" to myself thanks to a different thread on here, now this clip has stirred a dormant memory in me. This song briefly was all rage at my school, except with corrupted lyrics to make it even ruder (same tune):

"My mummy won't be happy
When she sees what's in my nappy:
It's big and brown.
I can't sit down."

There was more, but that's all I can remember. Not an interesting anecdote, but the main takeaway from this is that we at primary school arguably had better writers than Little and Large.

non capisco

Bang bang Eddie's actual hammer came down on Syd's head

Glebe

Video Game Fan 2000

ive got another clue for you kid
freddie krueger was syd

millwall32

Be fair, "Syd you were born during the midwives go-slow..." is a decent joke.

jamiefairlie

Its hidden behind Age-restricted adult content. Anyone have a direct link?

millwall32

Quote from: Morrison Lard on February 23, 2014, 03:37:56 PMHere we go L&Lers..

https://vimeo.com/87388016

Enjoy!
Unless I'm mistaken, Eddie is actually reminding him to wave at two seconds in.

Glebe

Syd & Eddie doing one of their seminal classic routines here at approx 13 mins. You may recognise Maddi Cryer, who appears earlier, from her appearances on The L&L Show too:

Fambo Number Mive

Glebe

It has but an L&L thread bump is always welcome!

Eddie seems like a nice bloke here.

Glebe

Brace yourselves for a treat - it's the long-awaited sequel to the epic that inspired the whole thread... the '81 Christmas special!:

Summary and highlights:

Spoiler alert
"How can any funny face..."

Eddie interrupts Syd's introduction with his Walkman, sings 'O Superman' and Toyah! Refers to Syd as 'Steak and Kiddly!'

Sketch with Eddie as John McEnroe and Syd turning into the Hulk!

Bucks Fizz spoof.

The lads as bizarre pandas with a giant Rubik's Cube.

Madness with 'It Must be Love'!

Eddie does David Bellamy.

Syd and Eddie as schoolkids doing a childish rhyme.

The Stutz Bear Cats (?).

Crap and slightly creepy schoolkids sketch.

Syd sings 'The Green Green Grass of Home' while Eddie interrupts with impressions of Popeye, Benny from Crossroads and Worzel among others. Eddie strangles Syd at one point.

Syd as Santa, POISONED BY EDDIE.

Lulu.

Bizarre sketch with the lads singing in nappies.

Syd attempts duet with Lulu but is foiled by Eddie as Adam Ant!

Syd and Eddie doing Stan & Ollie, arriving in their car like they previously did in a Seaside Special or summit and do the Way Out West dance.

The lads sign off.
[close]

As a bonus, Limmy reacts to the L&H sketch!:

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Glebe on March 07, 2023, 08:38:04 AMMadness with 'It Must be Love'!
I was on tenterhooks through this, fearful that Eddie was going to come on and spoil it.

QuoteThe Stutz Bear Cats (?)

And through this, but praying for him to come on and spoil it.

This was duller than the previous one, shit in less interesting ways. Nice to see a pre-Les Dennis Mavis impression though.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Glebe on March 07, 2023, 08:38:04 AMAs a bonus, Limmy reacts to the L&H sketch!:

limmy cutting himself off after instinctively launching himself into an explanation of who Starsky and Hutch were with a Ohhh ffffuck!... right at the beginning is the most ive laughed at one of his streams

starsky and hOH Ffffuck...

Glebe

I love Limmy's perplexed anger at this!

Of course this remains the pièce de résistance as regards Syd & Eddie's Stan & Ollie work!

Thinkin' about your chocolate, thinkin' about your taste, woah baby I'm...

Replies From View

Limmy watched the whole episode on his Twitch stream, not just that clip.  It's on YouTube as well.

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on March 08, 2023, 10:24:32 AMLimmy watched the whole episode on his Twitch stream, not just that clip.  It's on YouTube as well.

Oh right. SORRY.

kalowski

Quote from: Glebe on March 08, 2023, 09:56:15 AMI love Limmy's perplexed anger at this!

Of course this remains the pièce de résistance as regards Syd & Eddie's Stan & Ollie work!

Thinkin' about your chocolate, thinkin' about your taste, woah baby I'm...

Why are their faces painted grey?

Alberon