Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:53:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

second-and-a-halfing soulseek. almost always faultless

NoSleep

Quote from: Barry Admin on August 07, 2022, 11:51:32 PMCan someone tell me where to get music now please?  My neighbour sold me an old PC for 50 quid and I just want to get loads of Miles Davis mp3s.  And to figure out if people still use Winamp or not, lol. 

Soulseek is the best option I know of.

Malcy

SoulSeek by far your best option.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The Guppy on August 08, 2022, 09:16:15 AMI like Soulseek but I haven't used it for around 3 years. Maybe it's gone shit since then.
Still works perfectly well for me.

Sebastian Cobb

I had a peek around Soulseek a while back. While I'm sure its fine for finding music still, the chat rooms seemed to have an order of magnitude fewer people in them than they did when I was hanging around in them about a decade or so ago. It's a shame the community aspect is waning as there were some good people kicking around in them.

There were some rooms full of idiots as well. The Drum and Bass one was a good example, before private rooms were a thing we had a decoy room called 'Eurovision 2003' to get away from them.

The Guppy

It didn't even realise it had chatrooms.

NoSleep

There used to be a CaB chatroom, but I've mostly used the one-on-one chat with people I've shared with or downloaded from.

Barry Admin

Thanks for all the advice! :-) absolutely amazing to have a PC again, didn't realise how much I missed it.

dontpaintyourteeth

Away for the week but happy to drop my slsk username when I'm back 'ome if anyone here wants any Sun Ra or Jandek or whatever

olliebean

I also use d-fi occasionally to download stuff from Deezer, but with a free account you can only get 128kbps.

Utter Shit

Did Waffles ever come back? It went down out of the blue one day with vague messages that it would be back soon...but that must be a couple of years ago now. It had a good catalogue of stuff and I'd built up a very strong ratio when it went, never managed to find an alternative.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Utter Shit on August 09, 2022, 11:17:26 AMDid Waffles ever come back? It went down out of the blue one day with vague messages that it would be back soon...but that must be a couple of years ago now. It had a good catalogue of stuff and I'd built up a very strong ratio when it went, never managed to find an alternative.

I think I had an account with that. Is what.cd still going?

There must be some good torrent sites around as there's a torrent+usenet-management app called lidarr (a sister of sonar which does the same for tv series, and radarr which does the same for films) that can scan your collection, fetch things in better bitrates and find releases (and scheduled releases).

https://lidarr.audio

I don't use this but radarr/sonarr are good.

Junglist

Quote from: Utter Shit on August 09, 2022, 11:17:26 AMDid Waffles ever come back? It went down out of the blue one day with vague messages that it would be back soon...but that must be a couple of years ago now. It had a good catalogue of stuff and I'd built up a very strong ratio when it went, never managed to find an alternative.

Nope.

Redacted.ch is the place now. Been on there several years but not bothered in ages.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Junglist on September 14, 2022, 04:36:00 PMNope.

Redacted.ch is the place now. Been on there several years but not bothered in ages.

Weird, that link doesn't work for me!

EDIT: My VPN was blocking it for some reason, when I disconnected I could load the website fine...no option to sign up though, I guess it's closed at the moment.

Junglist

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 14, 2022, 05:06:44 PMWeird, that link doesn't work for me!

EDIT: My VPN was blocking it for some reason, when I disconnected I could load the website fine...no option to sign up though, I guess it's closed at the moment.

Been closed for a while unless somebody has invites. Used all mine however mate and they don't really give them out anymore unless you're 'important'. One of those kinda places lol.

Utter Shit

Haha I know it well - annoyingly I had loads of invites on Waffles before it went down!

Gurke and Hare

Does anyone have a spare tvchaos invite? Ta.

Incandenza

Hi all, another guy asking for a TVChaos invite if any spare...

madhair60

having big trouble getting ratio on RED, any advice?

NoSleep

Grab things that are of interest or highly rated but not hugely popular. This will mean that when somebody comes along to grab it they may only be seeded by you. It's supply and demand. You may not get many bites, but when they come along they're big.
And keep everything seeding until they're removed from the tracker (I've got torrents that I've been seeding for 16 years). And keep seeding 24/7.

madhair60

i think i'm gonna get my leeching removed next week and that fucking sucks, i can't see if there's any way to get it back. my fault ofc.

NoSleep

All you can do is keep seeding 24/7 then and just wait. Some places reward that alone even if you don't get a bite. Actually that's another point: make sure you're making use of any bonus system in place, as some sites require you to manually convert their bonuses into an improvement in your ratio.

madhair60

I don't know what that is, sorry. it's not RED.

will keep seedin', nbd. I uploaded something yesterday and Nobody has downloaded it, not even any seedboxes, which is mildly deflating.

NoSleep

Yeah, I have no idea what "RED" is; those are just examples of alternative bonus systems on other torrent sites. Make sure the you're set to force seed that torrent you uploaded.

madhair60

Quote from: NoSleep on March 30, 2023, 10:24:13 AMYeah, I have no idea what "RED" is; those are just examples of alternative bonus systems on other torrent sites. Make sure the you're set to force seed that torrent you uploaded.

gotcha - appreciate it!

Alberon

BTN would be very nice now Rarbg has gone. Very unlikely though, I know.

Malcy

Quote from: Alberon on May 31, 2023, 07:09:14 PMBTN would be very nice now Rarbg has gone. Very unlikely though, I know.

Ooft I'm quite reliant on that. What happened? I can get stuff elsewhere but I liked the info it had on stuff.

Alberon

There is Torrentgalaxy which is similar in style. It hasn't got the depth of releases, especially 4K, but I would presume the uploaded from RarBg are going to go somewhere.

Alberon

As to what happened, they blamed COVID, the Russian invasion of Ukraine and rising costs. Looking around the net it seems the Bulgarian authorities were gunning for them as well.

Puffin Chunks

I have a couple of TorrentDay invites kicking about. First come, first served.