Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Athletico Mince

Started by Ron Superior, March 24, 2016, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

When the 'guru' or the 'bananarama in my house' characters turn up in an old episode I have to get the phone out to skip it with an urgency that may well make fellow bus passengers think that there's been some kind of emergency.

His off the cuff chats and quizzes with Bob are great and he plays his parts in certain things well.

oggyraiding

Just listened to the first episode. The non-Bob man is inoffensive. Bob is always funny in every situation so I enjoyed listening. I know fuck all about football so a lot of it goes over my head. I understood Suarez having teeth.

Just re-listening to the Geordie Heat compilation.

Carol Beardsley is an absolute worldie of a character. The ability to veer from faux posh lady-likeness to furious egg obsessed fronty owning harridan is quite something.

"He's gone an packed foookin' jersey royals instead of boilers, I'm gonna lamp 'im so hard his bollocks land in Pakistan and his dick evaporates!"

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on September 08, 2023, 06:54:04 PM"He's gone an packed foookin' jersey royals instead of boilers, I'm gonna lamp 'im so hard his bollocks land in Pakistan and his dick evaporates!"

Lol'd just reading that. Geordie Heat and Peter Beardsley are the only compilations I've bothered with. They're the absolute best segments of the show.

Cold Meat Platter

Where are the guru compilations lol.

Kankurette

Are they still doing Sean Dyche bits?

non capisco

I like Andy well enough but I've never pressed 'mark as played' on my podcast app with greater rapidity than the time when 'The Corbyn Collection Vol. 1' appeared in the feed.

Kankurette

Yeah, the Corbyn bits were never funny. They've got nothing to do with football, what is point.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Kankurette on September 08, 2023, 11:49:50 PMYeah, the Corbyn bits were never funny. They've got nothing to do with football, what is point.

Yeah they were a weak bit but tbf Barry Homeowner, Scottish/South African stories and Slaughters were nothing to do with football either

non capisco

I dislike the Corbyn bits above all others for your standard boring personal political reasons. I think Andy fully knows some of his other regular bits are shite and instinctively plays that up to get an amusing rise out of Bob. The Corbyn bits back when they were remotely topical were only ever an angry centrist showing his arse and are somehow even more aggravating now that he's still doing them three years after that pale candle of hope was snuffed out. Maybe there are still families in Dulwich Village rolling in the aisles at SEEN YOU, I dunno.

Pink Gregory

I quite liked them at the time for the idea of quite an innocuous man derided and regarded for his uncompetitiveness suddenly demanding WHAT'S YOUR BEST KILL, but it's a bit of a limited joke if he's still doing it years later, and it does come from a place of dislike rather than finding the bit funny first and foremost, it seems.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Bob's Middlesbrough rapper in the latest Parsnips ep was very good and unexpected

Mr Trumpet

I don't mind the Corbyn stuff - it's obviously meant to be complete nonsense. In a recent one he was best mates with King Charles.

Pink Gregory

IT'S BILLY BRAGG'S

HE'S GONE FOR A SHIT

Kankurette

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on September 09, 2023, 12:25:33 AMYeah they were a weak bit but tbf Barry Homeowner, Scottish/South African stories and Slaughters were nothing to do with football either
The Scottish stories weren't funny either. One of them kept making nasty little digs at Dannii Minogue and going on about how ugly she was.

Proactive

Really? I think the Scottish stories are some of my favourite bits.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Proactive on September 09, 2023, 11:24:06 PMReally? I think the Scottish stories are some of my favourite bits.

Yeah, loved those.
Virtually Andyless.

Mr Trumpet

The Scottish stories are all exactly the same, just the minor celebrity named in the punchline changes. Slaughters just makes me queasy. Love the Crime Files - anyone else reckon Neil Hunt is based on David Mitchell? His voice anyway, I think Mitchell is slightly less disagreeable.

Sonny_Jim

I see Neil Hunt more of a Basil Fawlty type.  Small shop owner with delusions of grandeur.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on September 10, 2023, 09:39:48 AMThe Scottish stories are all exactly the same, just the minor celebrity named in the punchline changes. Slaughters just makes me queasy. Love the Crime Files - anyone else reckon Neil Hunt is based on David Mitchell? His voice anyway, I think Mitchell is slightly less disagreeable.

no idea who he is based on but that character always reminds me of paul calf of this very forum and i always read their posts with Hunt's voice in my head

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on September 10, 2023, 09:39:48 AMThe Scottish stories are all exactly the same, just the minor celebrity named in the punchline changes.

Yeah it's great.

Costa coffee

dontpaintyourteeth

The Bumlord

steamed hams

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on September 09, 2023, 12:15:53 PMBob's Middlesbrough rapper in the latest Parsnips ep was very good and unexpected
Yeah loved that, hope we get some more of it.

"Ron's been turned away from the mental hospital again."

Sonny_Jim

No Mince news, but I figured this was the best place for it:

Quote from: Richard HerringBad news - due to a big fuck up that was not his (or my) fault, Bill Bailey can not do RHLSTP on 22nd Jan.
Good news-Bob Mortimer is doing it instead!
Tickets are non-refundable, but in the unlikely event that you're unhappy about that I am sure you can find someone to buy them!

Will be definitely tuning in for this one.  Also new Mince from 3 days ago I haven't listened to yet, hoping it's a good one.  Saving it up for that moment at work when I want to kill myself and using it to bring me back from the brink.

MrMealDeal

Does that mean Bailey is doing Taskmaster?

Pink Gregory

Would love to hear Bill interviewed, he's done plenty of interviews but not quite in the conversational style of RHLSTP.  He seems quite private otherwise.