Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:01:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

I've been looking for Chef with Lenny Henry for years. I've got a childhood memory of absolutely loving it but it seems to have completely disappeared

Quote from: Milo on January 12, 2023, 07:30:59 PMI've been looking for Chef with Lenny Henry for years. I've got a childhood memory of absolutely loving it but it seems to have completely disappeared

It's available on Sky/NOW TV on-demand.

https://www.nowtv.com/watch/chef/iYEQZ1JMQWhmYV9o8dZHTE/seasons/1/episodes/1/A5EK5ocNqsqxtYvJNyFeS

Milo

Oh wow, thanks. Finally a reason to make use of a free trial. I hope it stands up, the bit where Lenny Henry berates a punter for asking for salt is burned into my memory.

Gurke and Hare

The Hello Goodbye Man,

1984 BBC sitcom written by David Nobbs starring Ian Lavender and Mary Tamm. Never repeated or released on any format, so probably more "Impossible to find comedy" but I'd love to see it. Come on Network, pull your finger out!

Malcy

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 12, 2023, 08:13:27 PMThe Hello Goodbye Man,

1984 BBC sitcom written by David Nobbs starring Ian Lavender and Mary Tamm. Never repeated or released on any format, so probably more "Impossible to find comedy" but I'd love to see it. Come on Network, pull your finger out!

There would be Chaos in the UK if you didn't have a look, if you get my drift...

madhair60

does anyone have a source for the single season of the US Inbetweeners remake? I'd quite like to see it but it doesn't seem to be downloadable anywhere. checked soulseek, checked all torrent sites...

EggsLikeABird

Does anyone know if The Comedy Map of Britain series is available online anywhere? There's the odd episodes but not the full lot. Anyone manage to save them?

MrMealDeal

Does anybody know where I can find the full run of 'Rock', the Bill Bailey and Sean Lock audio comedy about the Somerset supergroup 'Taunton'? It was broadcast on the Mark Radcliffe show circa 1996. There are a few bits and pieces knocking about on YouTube, but I'm looking for a few favourite episodes, including the one where Bill wins the Clive Pocock Golden Bowl of Excellence.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: EggsLikeABird on January 27, 2023, 02:39:04 PMDoes anyone know if The Comedy Map of Britain series is available online anywhere? There's the odd episodes but not the full lot. Anyone manage to save them?

Quote from: MrMealDeal on February 05, 2023, 12:54:27 PMDoes anybody know where I can find the full run of 'Rock', the Bill Bailey and Sean Lock audio comedy about the Somerset supergroup 'Taunton'? It was broadcast on the Mark Radcliffe show circa 1996. There are a few bits and pieces knocking about on YouTube, but I'm looking for a few favourite episodes, including the one where Bill wins the Clive Pocock Golden Bowl of Excellence.

I've looked for both on TvChaos and MySpleen and they're not up their sadly.

Spiny Norman

The comedy map must be one of those cases that used to be on ukn and its evil twin thebox, but didn't survive to be reuploaded.
Quote from: The Giggling Bean on January 01, 2023, 11:57:26 AMHere's one, does the music video for "Christmas Wrapping" by Baldrick and the Angel Voices (Tony Robinson) still exist anywhere? I remember when it came out, back in 1990, he was promoting it on Going Live or one of the Saturday morning kids shows and they played the music video for the song. It pops into my head around Christmas time and I thought I'd rewatch it...but there's only a rip of the song with various photos of him from Blackadder up.

Also am I right in remembering that Neil's Hole in my Shoe had a long lost music video too?
Or this? "Baldrick" got around a lot about 1990-1...

It would have to come from VHS. But it would be almost a miracle after all these years.

ShadowRaichu

I wonder if anyone has ever located the Jasper Carrott sitcom "All About Me". I think there's only one poor-quality episode on Youtube.

Twilkes

Just something that's in my head just now - a middle aged woman spluttering 'Rio de Ja-bloody-neiro?!', which Stephen Fry would tell us is an example of tmesis.

Possibly Little Voice or Calendar Girls, or some other such film aimed at middle-aged women?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Twilkes on February 27, 2023, 01:14:32 PMJust something that's in my head just now - a middle aged woman spluttering 'Rio de Ja-bloody-neiro?!', which Stephen Fry would tell us is an example of tmesis.

You've reminded me there's "Creme de la fucking creme" that's been stuck in my head for years, not a clue what it's from though.

Petey Pate

Quote from: ShadowRaichu on February 17, 2023, 09:17:41 AMI wonder if anyone has ever located the Jasper Carrott sitcom "All About Me". I think there's only one poor-quality episode on Youtube.

Funnily enough, my friend was talking to me about this yesterday, and we both watched said episode (which I think was the first one broadcast - going by how the characters are introduced).

Jasper Carrott's character is basically a Brummie Alf Garnett reimagined for the New Labour era. The main conflict in the episode is how his son wants to become an architect but he works as a builder.

It's no wonder why no one has archived it, it was atrocious. The person who uploaded it on YouTube didn't even mean to record it. Amazingly three series were produced.

sutin

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2023, 03:18:43 PMdoes anyone have a source for the single season of the US Inbetweeners remake? I'd quite like to see it but it doesn't seem to be downloadable anywhere. checked soulseek, checked all torrent sites...

I have it all on an old hard drive. Didn't even know it's rare. Will upload over the weekend.

RicoMNKN

I've been having quite a Shuttleworths binge of late, and these are the official releases I can't find anywhere. 
Don't suppose anyone has any of them?

* Swimming With Sharon ep (It's on ebay, but £20)
* Do You Ken Ken Worthington
* Sings Shoot the Gun
* The Ghost of Giggleswick
* The animated pilot (was on Amazon, but no more)

Likewise, are there any bootlegs of live shows that never got a release knocking around?

madhair60

sutin

Quote from: madhair60 on January 23, 2023, 03:18:43 PMdoes anyone have a source for the single season of the US Inbetweeners remake? I'd quite like to see it but it doesn't seem to be downloadable anywhere. checked soulseek, checked all torrent sites...

Do you still want this? I have it sitting ready to upload. Be warned though, it's fucking shit.

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: sutin on March 11, 2023, 03:04:22 PMDo you still want this? I have it sitting ready to upload. Be warned though, it's fucking shit.
how did you end up with the us inbetweeners on your computer

madhair60

yeah i do still want it sorry. i basically hate myself and want to feel total misery

sutin

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on March 11, 2023, 03:07:25 PMhow did you end up with the us inbetweeners on your computer

Because I like The Inbetweeners so when the US version came out I checked it out and never deleted it, pretty simple.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: sutin on March 11, 2023, 04:55:00 PMBecause I like The Inbetweeners so when the US version came out I checked it out and never deleted it, pretty simple.

I didn't think it was a complete disaster either, I've a vague memory of it starting off badly, but it slowly began to become it's own thing and improved a fair bit.

Fake Edit: Just found the thread and the first couple of episodes get a slagging, but on the second page a few of us started to warm to it. https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=32425.0

Dex Sawash

Is the Chris Issak show available anywhere? Never been released on video or streaming, I think.

edit- at least someof them on youtube

jsgibble

This is a long shot but if anyone has any of Julia Davis and Jessica Hynes's Resonance FM shows I'd be interested to hear them.

From what I can see there was one in 2005 called June Loves Janet and another in 2008 called Peppatits.

couple links I found:

old CaB thread about June Loves Janet: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=8119.0

some old website with dead links to the shows: http://podcasts.resonancefm.com/?s=julia+davis

a 5 minute clip of Peppatits: https://soundcloud.com/peppatitspodcast

Famous Mortimer

Might be worth getting yourself on Soulseek, there's at least one person on there with a gigantic collection of British radio comedy.

Twilkes

Does anyone know where episodes of Anna and Katy can be found?

Famous Mortimer

Twilkes

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 21, 2023, 01:30:10 AMThere's plenty of it on Youtube?

I've only ever found half a dozen sketches, definitely no full episodes.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Twilkes on March 20, 2023, 05:52:27 PMDoes anyone know where episodes of Anna and Katy can be found?

I can get it for you, and should have it uploaded somewhere in about an hour or so.