Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Morbius (Sony/Marvel vampire movie)

Started by Mister Six, January 13, 2020, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I'm watching this now. The internal rules are all off. He said in his informative voiceover that he couldn't go 6 hours without blood or he'll be worse than he was before and then he's in a police station (presumably overnight or lon enough to write a book) and he's fine?

He hasn't said "It's Morbin' time" yet either.

SteveDave

stonkers

To my astonishment I have just learned that they have actually started filming a Madame Web movie.

beanheadmcginty

I'd prefer it if they made a Billy Webb movie. Not sure who they'd get to play Alfonso Bonzo though.

Glebe

Just finished watching this. Artless, charmless, dated and filled with two-dimensional characters. Sony just don't give a shit and have been leeching off the success of the MCU but they'll have to start putting a bit more thought and care into their Marvel output or they're in danger of losing their cash cow.

Noticed the use of The Jam's 'A Town Called Malice', which was also used in Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Famous Mortimer

Just watched it, and it was very silly. But, I reckon the world has space for silly stuff like this. I'd like to see more sub-2-hour trashy superhero movies.

Mister Six

Yeah, I've not bothered with it, but in a way I sort of prefer wonky stuff like Venom to slick, overblown, sometimes bland MCU films. They're a throwback to a time before almost every mainstream script was buffed and smoothed by a roundtable of execs mapping out the script minute by minute. Admittedly that's because Sony Pictures don't know how to make films, but in that case it worked out all right.