Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:55:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Herring getting twitchy in lockdown: 2020

Started by MojoJojo, June 05, 2020, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

Obviously I knew that he'd been out with Sally and Sawalha, but had no idea that he'd been out with Catherine Shephard in between.

Mobbd

Arthur Smith told the story of the plays and "Dick Kipper" very well in his memoir, My Name is Daphne Fairfax.

Great to hear Sally and Rich talk about it personally and together on the podcast though.

Mobbd

Best moment was

Spoiler alert
that Julia said Dexter Fletcher's name when she and Rich were having sex. I hope that's true! And well done Rich for being discreet for so long and only now spilling the beans. That's hilarious.
[close]

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: sutin on October 05, 2022, 10:37:16 PMSally Phillips ep was great. She seems delightful.

She's great, really funny, and I thought she and Rich handled their relationship history in a rather sweet, honest way.

Twilkes

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 08, 2022, 06:28:06 PMShe's great, really funny, and I thought she and Rich handled their relationship history in a rather sweet, honest way.

It was nice to hear someone treating Rich the respect that he deserved, although I suspect she is unfamiliar with his current output.

PlanktonSideburns

beanheadmcginty

Big props to Bob in the latest one for both attempting to steer conversation away from emergency questions while simultaneously effortlessly asking Richard his own emergency questions that were infinitely better.

dumpster

I was having a conversation today in a pub about how celebrities put their dick in your drink. After looking for the podcast where I heard this information it would appear to have been Bob Mortimer"s first Rhlstp, but the comments have been edited out.  It has a noticable silence and I'm sure Bob accused Chris Evans of draping his cock on your shoulder.  The allegation of Keith Allen putting his cock in your drink remains though.  Wonder what the story is there?

sutin

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 13, 2022, 12:14:41 AMBig props to Bob in the latest one for both attempting to steer conversation away from emergency questions while simultaneously effortlessly asking Richard his own emergency questions that were infinitely better.

Bob does seem to like Rich though. In this latest episode he quoted Fist Of Fun, and in his first RHLSTP he brought up a bit from one of Rich's old stand-up shows.

Pranet

Richard is interviewed on the latest series of Gone Fishing as well.

somersetchris

Joe Lycett this week was really really good, a mixture of silly, interesting and moving. Like one of the old RHLSTPs, it was a bit longer and had more time to breathe than some of the recent ones that feel a lot more rushed. This one's pretty funny but he also talks very movingly about how his best friend died during lockdown and he wasn't able to visit for fear of catching Covid and infecting his family. Rich does the right thing and just lets him talk for most of it, which gets a lot out of him.

EggsLikeABird

"You've been down havent you? How did you fucking get past them knots?"

Reece Shearsmith's episode from a few months back is fantastic.

frajer

Quote from: EggsLikeABird on January 09, 2023, 04:56:20 PM"You've been down havent you? How did you fucking get past them knots?"

Reece Shearsmith's episode from a few months back is fantastic.

Ah yeah it's brilliant.

I know it was mentioned at the time but "'You should set a Number 9 on a bus.' ... Alright cunt, what happens?" is one of the funniest deliveries I've heard in ages.

Hat FM

does anyone listen to these bonus eps you get as a plus plusser? think i had seen the puppet was on the first one so skipped it. no idea what the others are all about?

i see stephen merchant is back on soon. only heard herring tell about 20 guests about the time that a guest didnt enjoy being told the second series of one of their shows was 'a bit sh*t'.

selectivememory

Listened to the one with Humphrey Ker recently. Only really knew him from his association with the Always Sunny lot, but he was very interesting and funny, and came across well I thought, especially for a massive posho (was at Eton with Prince William).

Snrub

Quote from: Hat FM on January 16, 2023, 12:44:25 PMi see stephen merchant is back on soon. only heard herring tell about 20 guests about the time that a guest didnt enjoy being told the second series of one of their shows was 'a bit sh*t'.

Never really got the big deal about the Merchant interview. I always thought Steve was hamming it up and playing along  rather than taking actual offense. Rich has done far shitter interviews than that