Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rain, lightning and thunder

Started by Puce Moment, June 16, 2020, 02:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 26, 2020, 05:13:42 PM
Lucky.

It's finished already, a lot of the clouds departed and I'm seeing more blue sky than I've seen all day. And the sun is back out.  Literally a storm in a teacup.

Poobum

Was 5 miles into a 10 mile walk through deepest darkest Derbyshire when the heavens opened up whilst Thor did strike his hammer hard. Was lovely, 5 stars.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Has a storm ever done a poo do you reckon?

Talking point.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 26, 2020, 04:58:35 PM
It's so fucking warm I wanto smash something.

Looking forward to the thunderstorm winging its way here - set to arrive at 4am. Might stay up.

I feel the same way, I'm sitting next to a fan that's about 20cm away and it's making life bearable but only just. Currently listening to videos of storms and heavy rain on youtube and it's helping a little surprisingly, but dear god I long for the real thing.

BlodwynPig

I don't mind the heat anymore. However, the horseflies have been feasting on my gammon flesh

bgmnts

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 26, 2020, 06:27:49 PM
Has a storm ever done a poo do you reckon?

Talking point.

Isn't that what clouds are?

steve98

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on June 18, 2020, 06:30:52 AM
Went out playing golf in my chain mail coat but the only shock I got was that the course was closed due to a Covid-19 outbreak 😂😂😂

The actual joke is that I'm not shocked at all by this, because the members have behaved irresponsibly throughout this period of restrictions.

I believe if you wear chain mail (Or better yet, a suit of armour) on the golf course, it'll act as a Faraday cage and you'll be ok thanks to the... Faraday Cage Effect. (Don't quote me though)

BlodwynPig

In the US in 2019, 726 people died from lightning strikes while playing golf

Fr.Bigley

Not if you've first thrown a bucket of water on the cunt.

BlodwynPig

In the US in 2019, 37 people died from drowning after having a bucket of water thrown on them

flotemysost

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 26, 2020, 04:58:35 PM
It's so fucking warm I wanto smash something.

Looking forward to the thunderstorm winging its way here - set to arrive at 4am. Might stay up.

When I opened my curtains this morning and saw that it had rained overnight I almost cried with happiness.

Had a mental and literal meltdown yesterday trying to do hours of fiddly data config from my tiny hot tomb of a bedroom, fucking video calls every other hour too so I couldn't even just sit there in my pants swigging a cold Super Bock like I desperately wanted to.

Cerys

Still no thunder.  Chucked it down for a bit earlier today, but that was all we got.  Fucksakes.

bgmnts

Wales really starting to piss me off with all this sun shit.

The ONE thing I like about living in this shithole is the rain and gloomy weather, its not even delivering on that now.

Edit- starting to buck its ideas up yesterday and tonight. Hope it doesn't stop.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Cerys on June 28, 2020, 12:54:54 AM
Still no thunder.  Chucked it down for a bit earlier today, but that was all we got.  Fucksakes.
You're in Aber, aren't you? I thought you had some electrics a couple of days ago. Machynlleth had some - maybe it was just to the east of you.

I managed to get some video of intracloud lightning over Cardigan Bay about 10 miles from me on Thursday evening, but that's as close as it came.

Cerys

Grumble mumble moan complain.

I'm semi-convinced that thunder and lightning will continue to avoid me right up until the point at which it gets sick of my whinging and toasts someone or something that I love.  If it flattens my tree I'll rip its nipples off.

Twonty Gostelow

bgmnts

Yet you have about half a dozen words and phrases for it.

sirhenry

Quote from: Cerys on June 28, 2020, 12:54:54 AM
Same here in Leeds. Keep watching the storms approach on Lighningmaps.org only for them to give up at Bradford, lose any northward movement in Sheffield or just stop and dump everything on Cumbria. We've had rain (and about 10 seconds of hail) but none of that lovely ozone-producing lightning or pressure release.

All dism and no jism, as they used to say.

Cerys

I think we should complain to the management.

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on June 28, 2020, 03:03:20 AM
Snow hates West Wales too.

We only seem to have a decent snowfall in Aber about once every ten years.  The best I remember was 1995.  Annoying.

Cerys

THUNDER! (Oh woah woh woah wooaahh.)

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Thunder and lightning finally in the Northwest. (Oh woah woh woah wooaahh.)

Mr_Simnock

GODS RECKONING level of lightning here, non fucking stop for about an hour now.

Cerys

Aberystwyth now underwater.  Send in the sharks.

bgmnts

Absolutely FUCK ALL rain here, despite the weather as prophecised on Google foretelling me.

Give me rain, cunt.

Just saw the picture of the lightning hitting the Menai straight. Give me some of that!

bgmnts

FUCK YEAH CHECK IT!

Looks like god is drinking the irish sea through a celestial straw.

Hand Solo

We've had a free lightshow the whole night, trying to watch Fools & Horses and it's been distracting, no thunder at first for ages.. must have been so far away, but now it's approaching slowly and meticulously, we'll be fucked in a few hours so I'm drinking heavily to try and sleep through it.