Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:05:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Batman (2021)

Started by VelourSpirit, August 23, 2020, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 03, 2022, 12:38:03 PMI wonder what will happen with The Flash now, that's due to co-star Michael Keaton as well, but Ezra Miller has been arrested twice and the parents of an 18 year old have accused him of grooming their son. What's actually going on I've no idea, but there was a story only yesterday that suggested WB "is still contending with what to do about The Flash," which has been "utterly hamstrung by repeated allegations of abuse and misconduct by its star, Ezra Miller." https://comicbookmovie.com/the_flash/the-flash-wb-said-to-be-still-contending-with-what-to-do-with-the-movie-following-ezra-miller-allegations-a195092

Isn't this Flash film supposed to be a multiverse story? So one option could be to just have Miller at the start of the film and immediately kill him off horribly and then replace him for the rest of the film with a different actor playing the Flash who turns up from a different universe. Obviously you'd need some reshoots. Or just get those Superman moustache people to superimpose the new guy's face on Miller's body.

Alberon

It's hard to see them working with Ezra Miller again after their brushes with the law recently.

Filming is long complete, but drastic changes in the editing process does happen. The Flash TV series finishes next year so that actor will be free (and has met Miller's Flash on-screen already). Probably not him, but it won't be Miller again.

Affleck is returning to the role of Batman in the new Aquaman film. So maybe Keaton's lost appearance in Batgirl is a sign of a bigger shift. Maybe back towards the DCEU?

Who knows, the whole thing is a mess.

Glebe

J.K. Simmons returned as Gordon for this so I imagine he's quite annoyed as well.

Given Ezra Miller's behaviour, they're surely gonna have to recast and reshoot The Flash?

Alberon

They've moved the release of The Flash until June next year to allow effects work to be completed, but I can't see them doing anything as drastic as that.

Though since it's a multiverse story you could easily tweak the film to have a different actor playing the Flash at the end. Or just recast the role for any sequel in 2028 or whatever.

Replies From View

Remember when you could recast a part without all this handwringing about multiverses to explain it to thick people?  I really miss those days.

mjwilson

Can't believe people aren't talking about Scoob! Holiday Haunt getting cancelled

Alberon

I'm too distraught to even begin to deal with that.

elliszeroed

Back to The Batman for a moment. When he is in Arkham Riddler says:

"They'll remember us both." and then "Bruuuuuuce Wayne."

I find it hard to accept Riddler did not know who Batman is, he does in the comics, and why else would he target Bruce Wayne with such an inelegant device as a mail bomb, one that doesn't even kill the person opening it, but surely destroys the paper evidence around it?

That said, Riddler also thinks Batman is on his side, so I don't know what to think. Dennis Law? I Am The Walrus?

Consensus is that Riddler didn't know Batman's identity. But I think he did.

Glebe

Quote from: mjwilson on August 03, 2022, 07:29:59 PMCan't believe people aren't talking about Scoob! Holiday Haunt getting cancelled

'Scoob!: Holiday Haunt' Writer Paul Dini Says Cancellation of "95% Finished" Film "Makes No Business Sense".

Quote"'Shit next' indeed. Yes, I'm co-writer, but also, why cancel a 95% finished holiday movie this close to Fall, when you're guaranteed kids watching it from right after Halloween until at least New Years? Makes no business sense esp. as both kids & parents dug the WIP screening."

Not even going straight to HBO Max.

[FAKE EDIT]looks like the mooted Supergirl movie has hit the skids too:

'Batgirl' Blindside: Why Warner Bros. Decided to Pull the Plug.

QuoteOne source says test audiences thought the movie "was like a bad TV show" — and another says a planned Supergirl feature could be next on the chopping block

Replies From View

Yeah, it's definitely some production change of hands prick at the top swinging his knob about.

PlanktonSideburns

Be funny if they just packed in films

Hollywood spokesman is in a conference like

Yea we're just not arsed about them really. The last twenty years have been a cry for help. We really thought you might have got the hint when we made Norbitt, or that cats thing, but you sickos just kept coming back for more and we started to feel bad

Custard

Paul Dano, what played The Riddler, has written an origin comic for his version of the character, called Riddler: Year One, of course https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BGJL99W4/

Although I thought his performance got a little hokey towards the end (that scene in the cell. Oof), I do admire the amount of back story Dano created for the character, and it's nice to see it get out there in this form

This is the first of six issues, apparently. I might wait for it to be bundled up as one trade edition, but looking forward to reading it

Replies From View

just waiting for Halle Berry's comic about catwoman to be honest

Glebe

'The Penguin' HBO Max Series Starring Colin Farrell Casts Cristin Milioti.

QuoteMilioti will star as Sofia Falcone, the daughter of Gotham mob boss Carmine Falcone. John Turturro played Carmine in "The Batman," with The Penguin serving as his right-hand man.

Sofia was originally introduced in the Batman comic books in the mid-1990s. Milioti will now be the second actress to portray Sofia in a live-action series, with Crystal Reed having played her in the Fox series "Gotham."

Forgot that the character appeared in Gotham. Once again doesn't look like they're portraying Sofia 'Gigangte' as a kind of giant woman like in the comics.

Glebe

Bit more info about the Penguin series.

QuoteHow "The Penguin" will fit into DC's "The Batman" world:

"'Penguin' will sit immediately after the end of 'The Batman' and temporally before the events of the second movie. The show will come out in between the two movies. Now beyond that, it's fun for the audience to know that it will be a bridge between the two, but the actual release date, I'm not at liberty to say."

"The goal of this is to show what Oz's life is like and that's very much in the streets of Gotham, trying to get up and over as only the Penguin can. As a hustler and a strategist with his own ambitions. It is a great example of having the time over eight episodes to tell a longer-arc character story with a lot of delicious twists and turns and new characters. It's very much going to be about Gotham at that street level, because he's not flying around like Batman does. We are all embracing that as a very specific experience for audiences to have."

Replies From View

Very unusual for audiences to experience the world at street level.