Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,174
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster New Zealand / Misc International Versions

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 02, 2020, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

SteveDave

"You know what they say Paul"
"What do they say?"
"...fuck"

Small Man Big Horse

Episode 3 Random Thoughts

Spoiler alert
Prize task - A bit shit for once, but at least Jeremy recognised this.
1 Minute Films - One of my favourite ever I reckon though I am a sucker for short film tasks, David, Guy and Laura's were all great, Matt's was bizarre but surprisingly funny, and though Urzula's was poor it was at least amusingly so.
Wheat Castles - Worth it for Guy's sweat gland confession, Urzula and Matt being fun together, the latter being a dirty cheat, and their final effort being really strong and then disqualified.
Hop The Scotch - Not my favourite kind of task but everyone bar Urzula was great.
Extraordinary Photo - Pretty strong from everyone involved, if I had to pick a weakest entry it'd probably be Matt's.
Live Task - Okay, but I'd have liked to see the drawings.

Overall: Once again a lovely 45 minutes, Matt's still my least favourite but he is growing on me, and Jeremy's definitely improving once again
[close]
too.

Ja'moke

Just watched episode two. An all time classic Taskmaster episode. The sprout reveal. Superb.

Still not on board with Matt and Urzila, but maybe they'll grow on me like Leigh (who ended up being one of my favourites) and Mads did on the last series.

The other three are great. Especially David. If you watch Guy it's quite sweet seeing how much a more successful comedian is clearly loving a relative newcomer's performance.

The Lurker

Quote from: olliebean on July 21, 2021, 09:50:34 PM
"I'm against all that other stuff, though."

Such a good line, that. Guy's running gag of wearing a t-shirt with a picture of Paul on always makes me chuckle.

Laura is a cutie too. I hate myself for using the word cutie too, that's how much of a cutie she is.

I'm very slow and only just caught on that the 'hwwickedly talented Leigh Hart' thing that Paul did throughout series 1 was a reference to that John Travolta Oscars fuck up.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: thelittlemango on July 22, 2021, 05:56:16 PM
I'm very slow and only just caught on that the 'hwwickedly talented Leigh Hart' thing that Paul did throughout series 1 was a reference to that John Travolta Oscars fuck up.

Well I was even slower, but thanks for mentioning it as it now made me smile!

SteveDave

SteveDave

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: SteveDave on July 28, 2021, 09:41:14 PM
Laura Daniel did the best prize task ever.

The way that unfolded and just kept going was a thing of beauty. I've much preferred these 2 NZ series to the last two UK series, this is shaping up to be another strong series.

SteveDave

I'm enjoying that the YouTube video always has a bit of solo piano in it at some point.

The live task was fantastic. I could've watched a full show of that.

Urzila's growing on me. Matt's... ok. But the other three are just great.

And yet another episode that confirms that Paul Williams is even better at the Alex Horne job than Alex Horne is.

Turns out that bit where David Correos was talking about the most powerful animals and said "I used to be a weightlifter and coach" was true:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=947895865270977

Small Man Big Horse

Just echoing everyone else's praise, every task was fantastic to watch, even the physical ones which I'm not normally madly in love with, and the Christmas songs were all superb. Laura gets MVP of the episode for that prize task, which was a fantastic idea that just got funnier and funnier as it went on, though Guy's Fox impression and causing Paul to crack up in the studio made him a close second.

It's the happiest hour of the week.
There was even a lovely Easter Egg tribute to one of Rose Matefeo's Prize Tasks in the ad break interstitials this episode.

beanheadmcginty

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 01, 2021, 10:35:02 PM
Matt Heath gives off strong Dr. Fox musk.

He wasn't exactly my favourite contestant but you have now ruined him for me for ever more.

Enjoyed the fifth episode a huge amount once more,
Spoiler alert
the "Make Your Hometown Proud" task was probably weakest but Guy and Paul's odd bee conversation and Laura's anti John Cleese madness made it worthwhile
[close]
, and the rest of it was really great.

beanheadmcginty

Once again the final task was one I'd like to take part in.

Spoiler alert
Thumb up bum
[close]

I come here and say this every week, but it was another brilliant episode. It's just so much fun. And David is already one of my all-time favourite contestants.

Some more photos of
Spoiler alert
David and Paul's trip to Christchurch
[close]
here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSJ-gmJJhig/

Famous Mortimer

It's just lovely. Great mix of comedians, the tasks are strong, it works really well.

The Lurker

Good to see there's another team task in the next episode as Matt and Urzila look to be a good duo. Not much else to add other than saying it was another good, solid episode. Happy days.

beanheadmcginty

I always thought that the South African and Kiwi accents were quite distinct and I'd have no problem telling them apart, but on this Urszila sounds just like the others to my ear.

Lewman

The second series of NZ Taskmaster is outstanding! A strong cast of likeable comedians. Really well thought out tasks. And a real audience?

Its going to have to really fuck up to not be my favourite ever series of TM

The Crumb

David is an absolute gem, I'd love to go on a night out with the guy.

Having thought I was over people abusing Alex, I'm massively enjoying Urzula's extreme belligerence towards Paul.

Quote from: The Lurker on August 05, 2021, 05:03:06 PM
Good to see there's another team task in the next episode as Matt and Urzila look to be a good duo.

That's a good point actually. I don't love them individually, but they're funny as a pair.

Two days on and I'm still laughing at Laura
Spoiler alert
slashing John Cleese's throat
[close]
in that crazed video. Really, really funny.

And I saw this on Twitter earlier. I bet it'd be fun to go to! https://twitter.com/guy_mont/status/1423460063407054849?