Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

This is clearly the product of a diseased mind, but my first thought when I saw this was "They should each get behind their respective statue and pretend to bum them".

mjwilson

Armed Traffic Warden

Pure conjecture but I'll spoiler in case:
Spoiler alert
I haven't looked at the links re phone conversation so I don't know but I feel we have one of 2 broad endings coming. Either Jimmy feels he's lost everything (if Kim's dead/rejected him/in danger and is circling the drain of his own free will; being intentionally reckless either to simply end it all or as one last act of love to Kim. Or this will be one last big con. Possibly to (somehow) bring about a trial in his favour so he no longer has to hide/he goes down on favourable terms and protects Kim.
    The whole of BrB and BCS has been recontextualised (former) and framed around Jimmy's love and loss of Kim.  I think the ending will in some way provide resolution.
[close]

Or one of the hundred other ways it could go. I love that the characters are so richly drawn and yet you cannot predict what will happen. I'll be delighted when I'm supremely wrong.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 25, 2022, 07:55:24 PMBob Odenkirk's autobiography is next to Bob Mortimer's book on my shelf, it's the beloved Bobs corner.

Bob Mortimer has a novel coming out. I have just ordered a signed copy so will be putting that next to my signed copy of Comedy Comedy Comedy Drama in my own Beloved Bobs corner.

Bob Mortimer's novel is apparently loosely autobiographical. The tale of a charming, funny legal man in love... British BCS remake anyone?

Blue Jam

I am also making some Cinnabons tomorrow, fuckit. Gonna adapt a few recipes to make a healthier version with skimmed milk, low-fat cream cheese, Canderel in place of sugar etc. Would like mine to be more bready than cakey, maybe even a bit bagelesque. Will post pics. Come on, anyone fancy a bit of a Bake-Off? Baking Bad?

JamesTC

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 04, 2022, 04:09:34 PMDid anyone else think the interior of the RV looked massive? It was like a methy TARDIS.

You are not wrong. Funnily enough, I saw this picture posted a couple of hours ago on Instagram:

That picture really shows how much wider it is than it should be.

Blue Jam

I think I was too distracted by the massive RV being an obvious film set to notice how much older Aaron Paul was looking.

So glad the El Camino bald cap didn't make an appearance. It made Cranston look like a very intimidating mushroom.

Rev+

Yeah, I found the RV more distracting than an older Aaron Paul.  I was just thinking 'fucking hell, I'd live in that'.  Carpets and everything!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 04, 2022, 11:29:23 AMTeaser for the finale has leaked:

Apparently this is genuine and someone at AMC is in trouble :s

What about this one? Very intriguing!

holyzombiejesus

Any info on the run time for the last two episodes? Can't believe it's nearly done.

jobotic

Was gonna ask that. Hope they Stranger Things it. Bet they don't.

Blue Jam

Quote from: jobotic on August 04, 2022, 09:56:03 PMWas gonna ask that. Hope they Stranger Things it. Bet they don't.

See here.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/wcanni/series_finale_6x13_runtime/

They were right about all the episodes up to and including 611 and they may be right about the remaining two!

kalowski

I enjoyed it, as i have enjoyed every episode of season series 6.
Saul just wants to be back in the game. That was the whole point of the phone call, wasn't it?
And I loved the glimpses into the various money laundering schemes he'd had - all gone now.
Perhaps it was the Kim call (I have not read any of the spoilers above), but he's just entered the darkest Saul world now.
And i agree with the idea that actually breaking and entering is going to fuck it all up.

holyzombiejesus

In the spoilery trailer,
Spoiler alert
is that Gene's car? I know nothing about cars.
[close]

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 04, 2022, 11:29:23 AMTeaser for the finale has leaked:

Apparently this is genuine and someone at AMC is in trouble :s

Fuck is he saying?

......brougham model.....?

Frances Found

There's a Talking Saul airing after next week's episode, with guests
Spoiler alert
Bob and Rhea.
[close]

Blue Jam

There must be a "disgruntled employee" at AMC or something- the key art for 612 has been leaked, seemingly by someone taking a photo of it on a wall. Click at your own risk:

Spoiler alert

ARC NOOSE! :'(
[close]

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 05, 2022, 12:57:28 AMFuck is he saying?

......brougham model.....?

Spoiler alert
"Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60":

https://youtu.be/IpMNSIwc_XA?t=220
[close]

Blue Jam

Must... resist...

https://propstoreauction.com/auctions/info/id/342

(doubt I could afford anything here anyway, meh)

Ha, you can buy Jimmy's Davis & Main water bottle, complete with fake piss residue

Blue Jam

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 05, 2022, 10:30:12 AMGuardian article

Warning: contains Stuart Heritage

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/02/better-call-saul-walter-white-jesse-pinkman-breaking-bad

QuoteTrue, it's an important moment – it's the Rosetta Stone for the entire arc of Better Call Saul, referencing Lalo and Nacho Salamanca for the first time

*facepalm*

elliszeroed

I don't think the writer knows what the Rosetta Stone is.

Blue Jam

Surely the Rosetta Stone of the series is Dr Caldera's notebook?

Started making my ersatz Cinnabons here. I used Canderel in place of sugar but the dough is still rising like an absolute bastard. Looking good.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 05, 2022, 12:23:46 PMSurely the Rosetta Stone of the series is Dr Caldera's notebook?

Started making my ersatz Cinnabons here. I used Canderel in place of sugar but the dough is still rising like an absolute bastard. Looking good.

Please share pics- I'm far too fat to consider making any myself so would be happy to enjoy vicariously

dontpaintyourteeth

that
Spoiler alert
noose
[close]
has me worried.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on August 05, 2022, 12:25:53 PMPlease share pics- I'm far too fat to consider making any myself so would be happy to enjoy vicariously

Will do. Making a modified version of this recipe- Canderel, less butter, skimmed milk, low fat cream cheese "frosting" with lemon juice- because actual Cinnabons looks revolting and I want mine to be less sweet and a lot breadier:

https://www.janespatisserie.com/wprm_print/9779

My GP has recommended that I get tested for coeliac disease, getting blood tests next week so enjoying baking while I can :(

mr. logic

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 05, 2022, 12:29:13 PMWill do. Making a modified version of this recipe- Canderel, less butter, skimmed milk, low fat cream cheese "frosting" with lemon juice- because actual Cinnabons looks revolting and I want mine to be less sweet and a lot breadier:

https://www.janespatisserie.com/wprm_print/9779

My GP has recommended that I get tested for coeliac disease, getting blood tests next week so enjoying baking while I can :(

Good luck with that! Am I the only person left that thinks Breaking Bad was a hugely superior show to Saul? What am I missing?

dontpaintyourteeth

It's a bit like comparing Alien to Aliens for me- they're both great but they're doing different things.

Few things in entertainment are as compelling as watching Breaking Bad for the first time but Better Call Saul goes a bit deeper into the psychology of the characters and for me that makes it a lot more rewarding to rewatch. And that gives it the edge for me but I love them both.

buttgammon

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 05, 2022, 10:30:12 AMGuardian article

Warning: contains Stuart Heritage

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/02/better-call-saul-walter-white-jesse-pinkman-breaking-bad

Oh dear, he's terrible. I'm actually a bit disappointed to find he evidently likes this programme, having had him down as one of those 'it's just too slow' people.

Blue Jam

'bons in progress:

Get a nice tight roll, that's my advice.