Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 07, 2022, 01:54:46 PMYes, Barry is great. And if you like that go and watch The Kominsky Method afterwards. Barry is like that but with guns.

Started watching Barry but the episodes are disappearing.

In a similar mold, but Australian, is the brilliant Mr Inbetween.

Blue Jam

Quote from: jobotic on August 07, 2022, 05:07:57 PMStarted watching Barry but the episodes are disappearing.

In a similar mold, but Australian, is the brilliant Mr Inbetween.

I only managed to get to the end of season 1 of Barry before it went off Now TV. Hoping it's back before too long.

Will look into Mr. Inbetween, cheers.

Blue Jam

Pimhole

Ooof, Autism Speaks. Still, it seems that (a lot of) people are informing him of their awfulness in the replies.

mjwilson

Oh rats,  I thought today was new BCS today but actually it's just new Westworld day.

Blue Jam

Artwork for 612 is out, looks like the ARC NOOSE one was fake (or it has just been hastily replaced):

Spoiler alert

KIM!!!
[close]

Petey Pate

DenzilHolles

FIXED

beanheadmcginty

Bob is the main guest on this week's Comedy Bang Bang podcast.

Mobius

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 09, 2022, 01:32:05 AMBob is the main guest on this week's Comedy Bang Bang podcast.

Nice! This bit from one of his older appearances always makes me laugh

https://youtu.be/fPd0PXEmmqY

Dex Sawash

H-O-W-L

The Guppy

druss

Does anyone know what time this is released on Netflix? And if everyone could please be wary of spoilers it would be appreciated.

druss

Ah ok it's showing now, couldn't view it at the usual time for some reason.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Spoiler alert
This has got me hating Glen already.
[close]

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 06, 2022, 02:08:41 PMIf they can get the deaging as good as in this fan-made video then anything is possible

It's definitely getting better. When The Irishman came out (which I didn't think was too bad, it didn't distract me and the biggest problems were them not using body doubles in select scenes). I think The Righteous Gemstones used it on Goodman in some of the flashback scenes, in the first series they overdid it and he looked like he was sculpted by the same person that did Lionel Richie's bust in the Hello video.

Gulftastic

Spoiler alert
Stating the bleedin' obvious again, but fuck me Rhea Seehorn is amazing. She was already killing it playing the Floridian suburbanite with frustration subtly bubbling away under the surface then the bus breakdown added another layer of gold.
[close]

buttgammon

Spoiler alert
I think we all knew Gene was making a mistake in that bloke's house last week but fuck me, that was tense. I feared the worst when he started coiling the phone cord around his wrists.
[close]

up_the_hampipe

Wow, there were scenes in this episode that I never expected to see. Also,
Spoiler alert
Jimmy/Saul/Gene was truly terrifying for the first time when it looked like he was going to strangle poor Marion! I'm glad the "Marion finds Saul on YouTube" theory turned out to be true though.
[close]

NoSleep

Can somebody explain to me why Gene was so stupid as to break into the cancer guy's place; seemed completely out of character?

Spoiler alert
Likewise, not using his silver tongue to get Jeffy's mum on side. Jimmy/Saul always knew when to change tack and "come clean" (or the appearance of clean) when the occasion arose.
[close]

druss

Spoiler alert
I thought he was going to kill her there. He definitely thought about it, at that point and after the scenes as Saul with Kim earlier in the episode I thought that Jimmy was truly dead but I think there was a blink and you'll miss it moment where he came back when old lady said she trusted him.
[close]

selectivememory

Spoiler alert
Didn't like the Jesse scene, but that was an otherwise flawless episode. Gonna miss this show so much.
[close]

druss

Quote from: selectivememory on August 09, 2022, 11:52:40 AM
Spoiler alert
Didn't like the Jesse scene, but that was an otherwise flawless episode. Gonna miss this show so much.
[close]
Spoiler alert
It could have easily been another character saying the same dialogue but it wasn't a pointless scene at least.
[close]

buttgammon

Quote from: druss on August 09, 2022, 12:03:43 PM
Spoiler alert
It could have easily been another character saying the same dialogue but it wasn't a pointless scene at least.
[close]

Spoiler alert
I had this conversation with my other half and I'm not sure if it could - other than Mike, who already knows Kim, who could've had that conversation while also giving us that flash into the future that the writers are going for in these final episodes? I am a bit distracted by how much Aaron Paul has aged, admittedly, and it was one of the least interesting parts of that episode for me.
[close]

JamesTC

The true villain of the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe finally reveals himself. Jeeves is here to fuck everything up.

Old Nehamkin

Kim passing the now automated ticket booth where Mike used to work was an unexpected gut punch.

druss

Spoiler alert
I am hoping that the tiniest glimpse of Jimmy at the end there means that "Saul gone" will refer to Jimmy coming clean and taking responsibility. That's the closest to a happy ending possible at this point.
[close]