Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinner: Arty Morty and the Glinfinite Transness: The Hateful 8th

Started by madhair60, March 15, 2021, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

"Healthy breast tissue"

---

Official thread theme song

For continuing analysis of the alleged Father Ted writer's exceptionally public breakdown and subsequent deterioration

Timeline of events:

- Done a bad transphobia in IT Crowd episode
- Instead of saying "soz", became the most notable transphobe on the planet
- Spent 21 hours a day on twitter misgendering, insulting and brigading trans people and their allies
- Depth charged his own career, lost his family
- Starting calling people paedophiles
- Got kicked off Twitter
- Now subsists on thin gruel of his newly in-the-low-hundreds audience (down from 700k)
- Sleeps in a racecar bed with no wife (OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED FROM THE HORSES'S MOUTH)
- Solicits sex from brothel called "Brighton Belles"
- Went to Parliament and made an absolute loser of himself, again
- Has paid Substack blog in which his sanity has clearly evaporated entirely
- Entire income is now tied to bigotry, no entertainment industry work forthcoming
- Has literally lost everything in order to post hate on Twitter which he is now banned from
- Is generally speaking an embarrassment to all

Graham's accomplishments thus far: Raised an enormous amount of money and awareness for trans people

Forward, Unto Death

madhair60

Guide to Glinner threads originally posted by Ambient Sheep

Prequel threads:

Graham Linetransexclusionary (2018/03/08 - 2018/07/22, 52 pages)

Twitter policeman Graham Linehan given warning by police about Twitter (2018/10/06 - 2018/10/19, 21 pages)

What happened to Adam Buxton and Graham Linehan's sci-fi sitcom 'The Cloud'? (2018/12/17 - 2019/01/01, five pages, despite the title it's mainly about the trans issue)

Main ~100-page threads:

Charity stream hosted to spite transphobic tosser Graham Linehan (2019/01/20 - 2019/08/02)

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread (2019/08/01 - 2020/02/11)

Graham Linehan's Beard Weekends: Transphobia III: The Sorceror (2020/02/11 - 2020/05/12)

Glinner Posts Mortem: Dying on Transphobia Hill 4: The (g)Room(er) (2020/05/11 - 2020/06/22)

Glinner V: The Dream(ed up) Child (molestors): A New Carbon-era (2020/06/22 - 2020/07/21)

Glinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards (2020/07/21 - 2020/12/27)

GVIINNER: cunt's gone bananas (2020/12/27 - 2021/03/15)

Glinner: Arty Morty and the Glinfinite Transness: The Hateful 8th (2021/03/15 - ??? - you're reading it!)

Also related:[nb]Within the last nine years or so, first one excepted, otherwise I'll be here all night with old Father Ted and IT Crowd threads.  If someone else wants to list them, fine by me![/nb]

Graham Linehan and Arthur Mathews (2009/12/13 - 2009/12/15, one page)

Graham Linehan points out the absolute turdness of Jack Whitehall (2011/03/21 - 2011/03/27, two pages)

Comedians inciting their followers/fans to savage their critics (2012/06/18 - 2012/09/28, 50 pages)

Graham Linehan wants you to work for him for no money (2013/06/18 - 2013/06/22, three pages)

The Walshes on BBC4/RTE, by Diet of Worms & Graham Linehan (2014/03/17 - 2015/01/22, one page)

Graham LOLnehan (2015/04/20 - 2018/10/09, six pages)

Pope Ted: The Father Ted Musical (2018/06/02 - 2018/06/10, four pages)

Limmy vs Linehan (2020/01/20 - 2020/01/23, one page)

Going apeshit at unisex bogs (2020/02/06 - 2020/02/09, five pages)

JK Rowling TERFing her legacy into the bin (2020/06/07 - ???)

Glinner: thread for backseat moderators and hand-wringing (2020/06/20 - ???)

A little light relief - H.S. Art threads

What's Graham Linehan up to? (2019/05/29 - 2019/06/10, one page)

Imagine if Graham Linehan (2019/11/12 - 2019/11/13, one page)

popcorn

Quotemost notable transphobe on the planet

Surely he pales in comparison to JK Rozzer?!

pk1yen

I think one reason I find this such a compelling collapse is because I've felt a hint of this same internet monomania on occasion.

I know during Brexit I used to wang on about Brexit constantly. To the extent some friends pointed it out. Properly obsessed. And then during the election I was fully suffused in leftie Twitter as a replacement. When you're working from home (pre-pandemic), it was a substitute for regular human contact I guess.

Echo-chambers like that really, really do change your actual perception of reality while also being addictive. I can see that getting ten or a hundred or a thousand times the engagement on tweets would make it even worse.

There are still a few people on my politics twitter account who post the same endless Remain/Rejoin stuff for hours ever day. Seeking out "leavers" to argue with. Always refusing to block them even when it gets abusive. One of them actually emigrated to the other side of the planet a couple of years ago - as far as the EU as you can physically get - and still spends literally every day posting about Remain and calling leavers stupid.

And on the less extreme side, James O'Brien still reads out negative comments every ten minutes that some no-name randomer on twitter has dared to tweet him, as if anyone gives a fuck. The mix of super negative and super positive attention completely takes over your brain.

It's turned concentrated human interaction into a drug. Maybe Charlie Brooker wasn't wrong when he put Twitter as #1 on that influential games list he did (still fucking stupid but whatever).

Linahen's fucking remarkable though because even after forced to go cold turkey by being banned from the dope, he's still completely dedicated to being a cunt.

Ferris

Maybe (hopefully) he will apologize, renounce all this stuff, and this will be the last thread for the sake of everyone involved.

jobotic

Burchill's new publisher is a neo-Nazi and a member of Glinner's pals the LGB Alliance

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1152809385168697&id=522203541562621

Sorry if that doesn't work. Ill, going back to sleep...

idunnosomename

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 15, 2021, 01:50:11 PM
Maybe (hopefully) he will apologize, renounce all this stuff, and this will be the last thread for the sake of everyone involved.
lol

selectivememory

Who the fuck is Arty Morty anyway? Just some loser that Glinner met on Twitter?

George Oscar Bluth II

Noticed the LGB Alliance kicking off about some nonsense story about Manchester University referring to "parents or guardians" rather than "mother and father". Which is weird cos my school in the 90s was sending out "parents or guardians" letters because there were kids being raised by grandparents, aunts and uncles, elder siblings and stuff but also because "parents or guardians" is inclusive to gay and lesbian families with two dads or two mums. Ooops!

Sometimes the LGB Alliance forgets they're supposed to be L, G or B! Remarkable!

QuoteGlinner Six Not Gender: Beyond Twitterdome: Racecar, backwards (2020/07/21 - 2020/12/27)

This was really the glory age for Glinner, in that his obsession dulled to the point that it took us five months to fill a thread with his bullshit.

Kankurette

Quote from: pk1yen on March 15, 2021, 01:32:02 PM
I think one reason I find this such a compelling collapse is because I've felt a hint of this same internet monomania on occasion.

I know during Brexit I used to wang on about Brexit constantly. To the extent some friends pointed it out. Properly obsessed. And then during the election I was fully suffused in leftie Twitter as a replacement. When you're working from home (pre-pandemic), it was a substitute for regular human contact I guess.

Echo-chambers like that really, really do change your actual perception of reality while also being addictive. I can see that getting ten or a hundred or a thousand times the engagement on tweets would make it even worse.

There are still a few people on my politics twitter account who post the same endless Remain/Rejoin stuff for hours ever day. Seeking out "leavers" to argue with. Always refusing to block them even when it gets abusive. One of them actually emigrated to the other side of the planet a couple of years ago - as far as the EU as you can physically get - and still spends literally every day posting about Remain and calling leavers stupid.

And on the less extreme side, James O'Brien still reads out negative comments every ten minutes that some no-name randomer on twitter has dared to tweet him, as if anyone gives a fuck. The mix of super negative and super positive attention completely takes over your brain.

It's turned concentrated human interaction into a drug. Maybe Charlie Brooker wasn't wrong when he put Twitter as #1 on that influential games list he did (still fucking stupid but whatever).

Linahen's fucking remarkable though because even after forced to go cold turkey by being banned from the dope, he's still completely dedicated to being a cunt.
That's what annoys me about people like Linehan. They go on about it ALL THE FUCKING TIME. They get obsessed. One of my friends has become a Linehan fanboy and is starting to head down the rabbit hole. It's also one reason why I barely post on Twitter.

And yes, parents/guardians was a thing back in the '90s, it's got nothing to do with The Trans.

imitationleather

Quote from: Kankurette on March 15, 2021, 02:25:38 PM
One of my friends has become a Linehan fanboy and is starting to head down the rabbit hole.

I just don't get how anyone can look at Glinner and think "Yes! I want to hear more of what this vibrating and clammy man has to say as he seems extremely plausible!"

thr0b

Quote from: Kankurette on March 15, 2021, 02:25:38 PM
And yes, parents/guardians was a thing back in the '90s, it's got nothing to do with The Trans.

It was also a thing in the 80s.

It was probably a thing (if not commonplace) in the 70s. I wouldn't know. I was born in 1980.

phes

main thread-list is now outstanding. never taken the time to read through it before and it brought horrible tears to my eyes. another notable achievement, thanks Graham! I'll buy you a coffee anyday and work out a way to fit it through your letterbox

Ferris

I wrote out a long post about how depressing I found his actions and the harm it was clearly causing him and his, and how I wished he'd take stock and sort himself out - but deleted it.

His personal anguish is none of my business - if he is publicly projecting this unpleasantness then my only real option is to respond to that public persona, and if he's chosen to impose this suffering on himself and those around him (for reasons best known to himself) then who the fuck am I to feel bad for him. I can't compel grown adults to help themselves, regardless of how mind-fuckingly simple the solution is.

It is all very sad, and that's to say nothing of the harm being imposed upon a vulnerable section of society.

Ferris

"Parents and guardians" has been a thing for 40+ years because it tactfully takes into account people living with step parents or single parents following divorces or whatever, living with other family members, kids in foster homes, and anyone else who lives in a non-traditional household.

Is this really worthy of criticism? Christ.

JaDanketies

Dayraven

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 15, 2021, 03:07:51 PM
Is this really worthy of criticism?
Well, The Guardian is getting a bit fed up of receiving all these letters.

MojoJojo

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 15, 2021, 03:07:51 PM
"Parents and guardians" has been a thing for 40+ years because it tactfully takes into account people living with step parents or single parents following divorces or whatever, living with other family members, kids in foster homes, and anyone else who lives in a non-traditional household.

Is this really worthy of criticism? Christ.

It seems it started with this spectator article (you get two free views) https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/manchester-university-scraps-the-word-mother-

Everything else seems to be people saying the criticism is stupid, and some news articles on the "controversy". And 1 tweet from LGB alliance.

I suspect Steerpike had nothing else to write about.

canadagoose

Quote from: JaDanketies on March 15, 2021, 03:22:24 PM
making orphans sad to own the trans
That's the only reason really, isn't it. Being less inclusive because culture war BS and owning the transes is more important than all else.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: canadagoose on March 15, 2021, 04:19:31 PM
That's the only reason really, isn't it. Being less inclusive because culture war BS and owning the transes is more important than all else.
(they're secretly anti-gay, anti-divorce and anti-premarital sex)

(bashing trans folk is the easiest way to disguise their final goals while recruiting others to their cause)

(oh by the way even if they were "just" anti-trans that would still be utterly vile and disgusting)

Fry

Glinners downfall really has done wonders for me not getting upset by bigoted, hateful pricks on the internet. His drastic descent into unemployed, lonely exile served to remind me that hate leads to hate, and is corrosive for the ones serving it up. That the people saying awful shit online probably aren't especially pleasant to be around and aren't especially good at maintaining relationships, and so will reap their just desserts. Alex Jones is a divorced alcy pillhead, Milo Yiannopoulos is an irrelevent laughing stock reduced to shilling for conversion therapy and Linehan... well look at the last 8 threads.

Kankurette

Quote from: thr0b on March 15, 2021, 02:42:37 PM
It was also a thing in the 80s.

It was probably a thing (if not commonplace) in the 70s. I wouldn't know. I was born in 1980.
Yeah, I vaguely remember. I was born in 1984.

My mate sympathises with Glinner because he's gotten very into gender critical feminism and follows a lot of GC feminists. And he's anti-'wokeness' in general. He even tried to cite fucking Zuby at me as a black person who was anti-BLM. It didn't go down well.

JamesTC

I'll never understand any sympathy for Glinner.

The pain he has caused numerous people through his actions all the while telling a sob story about how evil non-transphobes are ruining his life. Fuck the transphobic cunt.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: JamesTC on March 15, 2021, 06:42:51 PM
I'll never understand any sympathy for Glinner.

The pain he has caused numerous people through his actions all the while telling a sob story about how evil non-transphobes are ruining his life. Fuck the transphobic cunt.
Totally agree. I understand finding his situation depressing and relating to aspects of his behaviour, but feeling sorry for him? Fuck that, I hope as much as possible of the shit he flings blows back into his face.

TommyTurnips

I was thinking today about someone I knew from school. He suffered some sort of brain injury and is now obsessed with monkeys. But where he differs from Glinner is that he acknowledges that it is a bit strange to suddenly be obsessed with monkeys and acknowledges that he didn't particularly care much about monkeys before the brain injury. Is it possible that Glinner has suffered some sort of a brain injury?

Alberon

greencalx

Parents / Guardians was wot it was when I was at primary school in the early 80s

I think Parents / Carers is more common now.

TommyTurnips

That's it isn't it. At least liking monkeys is a bit more healthy. I don't think he goes around on twitter calling people who don't like monkeys paedophiles.