Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,478
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:47:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glin's Slide No. 9: TransIXclusionary

Started by madhair60, June 05, 2021, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

I'd love to be JK Rowling for an hour, think of all the retcons you could do

phantom_power

"Try being JK Rowling for a few hours"

I would Graham but your ideology forbids it

jobotic

How come that account is active again?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: phantom_power on August 06, 2021, 01:39:46 PM
"Try being JK Rowling for a few hours"

I would Graham but your ideology forbids it

Excellent stuff.

boki

D'ya think he's ever pestered The Miraculous Moley to make him a JKR deepfake?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"Glin-ten-do" on the previous page seems a good start for the next thread title.

GlinTENdo Wii (anywhere except the Ladies)

Kankurette

Quote from: phantom_power on August 06, 2021, 08:20:00 AM
It is funny how much of a crossover there is between "Gender Critical" feminists and flat out homophobia. There is a post below there about how two gay men using a surrogate is some sort of abuse of women as it is "two rich men using a poorer woman as an incubator" as if that is definitely what happened and not just the worst reading of what might have happened as possible. Taking away the agency of the surrogate as some sort of means to criticise two gay men.

It's almost as if they are just bigots masquerading as feminists to justify their small-mindedness
Yep, the MN crowd hate that too. They accused the men of renting a woman's womb.

There's a thread on MN by a poster claiming MN is silencing women because her thread was deleted and lots of cries of 'I am Spartacus'. I mean, when you're too transphobic for MN...someone also made a valid point that the 'muh women's sports' brigade NEVER mention things like lack of funding for women's sports, lack of media attention or girls not being encouraged enough, they only care about women's sports when they can whine about trans women.

So transparent.
Quote from: frajer on August 06, 2021, 01:36:04 PM
We all laugh but in just a few hours JK Rowling receives over fifty pipe bombs through her letterbox. The Hogwarts owls are being fucking decimated.
On the Ning Nong Nang, the owls go BANG!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThere's a thread on MN by a poster claiming MN is silencing women because her thread was deleted and lots of cries of 'I am Spartacus'. I mean, when you're too transphobic for MN...someone also made a valid point that the 'muh women's sports' brigade NEVER mention things like lack of funding for women's sports, lack of media attention or girls not being encouraged enough, they only care about women's sports when they can whine about trans women.

Aye. If you fundamentally don't care about sport then issues like structural reform and representation possibly won't even occur to one to think about, through pure disinterest.

Especially true if structural reform is also anathema due to centrist politics. Not that much attention paid to gender representation and levelling in male dominated blue collar work compares to highlighting gender representation at male dominated director level. These people want totemic victories at the top, not structural reform from the floor upwards. In fact, one could argue they are slightly scared structural reform would expose that as wealthy Western white women (Wx4) they are the second most privileged group of people by some distance, and such reform would inevitably threaten that*

*particularly if the reform dealt with property ownership

Jockice

FalknerHinton

Glinner X. Y? Try Being JK Rowling For A Few Hours.

Everyone make a note of this for thread 29 please:

29 Acacia Road, Nuttytown

Dr Rock

By the end of thread ten, having documented the bizarre demise of Mr Glinner over a thousand pages, I hope there might be a commemorative print edition/coffee table book published.

An tSaoi

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 06, 2021, 03:53:34 PM
By the end of thread ten, having documented the bizarre demise of Mr Glinner over a thousand pages, I hope there might be a commemorative print edition/coffee table book published.
Completely off-topic, but I've genuinely toyed with the idea of compiling messages from the Derek threads and having them printed as my own unofficial series companion guide.

sophie.pilbeam

Half-expecting these threads to be submitted as evidence during the inevitable harassment case.

madhair60

boki

Glinner Dix: We'll Have None Of Those In Here
X-Comedy Writer, Graham Linehan

Dr Rock

Mumsnetters always be saying shit like this

QuoteI don't need that. I can instantly tell the sex of a person who is walking behind me in the dark. I can tell the sex of a person at the other side of a darkly lit bar from the way they stand. I can tell the sex of a person from the way they get out of a car in a foggy parking spot, or pick up bags of shopping on the other side of a supermarket car park.

And, I can tell the sex of a poster from the way they post on here.

Women see sex because sex can be a threat to us. Most women do it totally unconsciously.

Except you'd never know when you were wrong would you. So it's a delusional super-power you have there.

phes

it's just deeply fucking offensive as any number of people will tell you from the horrible experiences they've had perpetrated by total cunts like this

jobotic

I can tell the sex of a blackbird by its song.

And by the sound of it getting out of a car in a foggy carpark.

Beat that Bill Oddie!

retsuza

Who's to say, that person could be a Terminator with a chromosonal scanner in their head.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: madhair60 on August 06, 2021, 04:08:30 PM
I actually was going to go with something like this
No pressure, but I really, really hope "Glintendo" gets the recognition it deserves.

Dr Rock

Quote from: phes on August 06, 2021, 04:53:37 PM
it's just deeply fucking offensive as any number of people will tell you from the horrible experiences they've had perpetrated by total cunts like this

Because lesbians don't have tons of stories of being mistaken for men/boys, by men and women alike.

jobotic

Much as I love banana cunt as a phrase, please no cussing in the thread title

Dr Rock

How about someone making this into one of those thread emoji things?