Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:46:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and Horses

Started by Leej88, June 08, 2021, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: grainger on August 14, 2022, 12:09:04 PMOne would hope that Britbox would take more care with this, given that it's the place to watch many archive TV series, and probably attracts people who care about this sort of thing.

Exactly.  Their target demographic are people who, I suspect, are more than a little bit obsessive when it comes to archiving things for themselves in one way or another.  Many of us have routinely performed this kind of 'admin' as a kind of manic pleasure for its own sake, separate from enjoying the content.

Just fuckin get one of us to volunteer to sort it all out.

JamesTC

Losing hope they'll do the rest of Only Fools and Horses on blu-ray. Was great to get a few specials unedited.

jamm

Need those 2000s specials on blu ray, gotta have the Gary scene in clear crisp HD

JamesTC

The blu-ray format is not designed to handle Rodney in a centurion outfit.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Replies From View on August 14, 2022, 10:32:42 AMBritbox is annoying me with its shitty presentation of Only Fools and Horses, even ignoring the usual issues with edited versions of episodes becoming the only versions available.

You probably know this already but I'll vent.  The episodes essentially sit within folders on the streaming service, as you'd expect.  The series themselves are sequential, which is perfect, but all the Christmas episodes are separated out into their own folders and ordered arbitrarily.  There's an 'Xmas Specials' folder, within which 1991's Miami Twice Parts 1 and 2 sit as episodes one and two (why?), and all the rest follow in date order from 1981-2003 apart from the 1996 trilogy - which is in its own separate 'Xmas 1996' folder.

Really unnecessary and annoying, requiring anyone who doesn't want to skip the specials during a sequential rewatch to have a comprehensive episode list on standby.

It's also really tricky to even reach this presentation of folders.  Usually you have completely randomised collections like 'fan favourites' and 'trotters on tour' - and even the 'browse all episodes' option takes you to a completely arbitrary, non chronological order.  To get to the flawed 'folders' arrangement you need to know to hover your mouse over one of the episodes and click on 'more information'.  I can't wrap my head around it.

There.  Rant over.

Are these the unedited original versions, or are we still only getting the ones that have been hacked to bits? Even the minor clips that were only cut for music rights reasons add texture to the show - one notable example is The Class of '62, the original episode apparently has an extended version of the scene where they're getting pissed at the flat with Slater, singing (expensive!) songs and enjoyiung themselves, whereas the more commonly-used one cuts from the function room at the Nag's Head to them all smashed and conked out in Del's front room.

Replies From View

Quote from: Utter Shit on August 16, 2022, 10:47:03 AMAre these the unedited original versions, or are we still only getting the ones that have been hacked to bits?

Pretty sure it's just the edited versions.

JamesTC

Yeah, I think UK Gold show the least edited versions but even then, there are cuts.

Utter Shit

Is there a known source for someone selling the original versions in HQ? I've seen versions knocking about before that were shite quality, but would happily pay for good quality full original episodes.

Replies From View

Or just stealing them would be fine as well

Fambo Number Mive

A couple in Peterborough have had an Only Fools and Horses themed wedding, including the bridge arriving in a Robin Reliant and pictures of Del Boy, Rodney and Grandad on easels:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/people/wedding-dels-woman-who-met-husband-at-peterborough-paul-pry-pub-has-only-fools-and-horses-themed-wedding-3814897

Only Fools and Horses actors Daniel Peacock, Michael Fenton Stevens, Phillip Pope and Steven Woodcock went to an event in Great Yarmouth on Saturday, where they met fans, answered questions and shared behind-the-scenes stories from Only Fools and Horses. Over 70 people attended: https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/only-fools-stars-jolly-boys-outing-great-yarmouth-9238672

grainger

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 30, 2022, 05:49:42 PMA couple in Peterborough have had an Only Fools and Horses themed wedding, including the bridge arriving in a Robin Reliant and pictures of Del Boy, Rodney and Grandad on easels

Hopefully the Sullivan estate will take legal action for unathorised use of intellectual property, and get the marriage annulled.

grainger

Then the couple will have to do another ceremony, maybe with a Green Green Grass theme.

idunnosomename

How much more can Reach PLC outlets keep passing very boring people getting married hiring a regal supervan for like £150?

https://www.trottervanhire.com/

https://www.onlyfoolsandhorsescarhire.co.uk/

CUSHTY!!!

I wonder how many regal supervans are left that arent painted yellow with NEW YORK PARIS PECKHAM on them

Rolf Lundgren

Feel like booking it for an hour in Guernsey.

Glebe

Only Fools and Horses icons share jolly reunion almost 20 years after final episode aired.

QuoteGreat Only Fools and Horses evening in Hull tonight. Was great to meet some of the cast including Philip Pope AKA Tony Angelino, Michael Fenton Stevens AKA Alan Perkins who I also know best for his role as Sir Henry in Benidorm, Daniel Peacock AKA Mental Mickey and finally Mickey Pearce himself Patrick Murray!

Crikey, that's quite a coup! Thought Alan was Arnie from 'Chain Gang' at first. Also footage there of Pope doing 'Cwying'!

Utter Shit

Has anyone actually been to one of the conventions? I really like the idea of meeting the cast and being around the sets because I'm a massive OFAH nerd, but there's something about them that just looks so bleak.

TheMonk

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 16, 2022, 09:15:32 AMHas anyone actually been to one of the conventions? I really like the idea of meeting the cast and being around the sets because I'm a massive OFAH nerd, but there's something about them that just looks so bleak.

The cast is starting to look a bit threadbare these days. And Mickey Pearce is a right antivax Covid denier on Twitter. I can't imagine it being a very positive experience.

Bad Ambassador

Pope and Fenton Stevens makes me wish it was a Radio Active/KYTV event. It's like inviting Simon Pegg as a guest at a Doctor Who convention, and not letting him talk about anything else he's done.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 30, 2022, 05:49:42 PMincluding the bridge arriving in a Robin Reliant

Genuinely looked up "wedding bridge" in google to see what the fuck you were talking about before I realised.

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on September 16, 2022, 07:00:48 AMOnly Fools and Horses icons share jolly reunion almost 20 years after final episode aired.

Crikey, that's quite a coup! Thought Alan was Arnie from 'Chain Gang' at first. Also footage there of Pope doing 'Cwying'!

It looks like a before and after photo but del has been stretched on a rack and uncle Albert became two people.

JamesTC

Don't remember Richard Osman on OFAH.

mrClaypole

Quote from: JamesTC on September 16, 2022, 02:15:41 PMDon't remember Richard Osman on OFAH.

He played Nelson Mandela house

Glebe

mrClaypole

Quote from: Glebe on September 16, 2022, 05:43:03 PMNo that was Hugh 'Bloody' Laurie!
No he played father Jack after turning down the part of Ted

Famous Mortimer

Glebe

Quote from: mrClaypole on September 17, 2022, 01:02:35 PMNo he played father Jack after turning down the part of Ted

After it was turned down by David Jason.

JamesTC

Would love it is Richard Branson or David Beckham turned up to one of these Only Fools and Horses conventions.

Video Game Fan 2000

All attendees younger than 30 show a predisposition to falling down at award shows because Buster Merryfield attended an Only Fools convention in the late 90s.