Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WimbleWrong 2021: Round Two Draw

Started by Spoon of Ploff, June 18, 2021, 01:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

Welcome to Round Two. Here's a reminder of the rules.

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.

2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.

3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size, and must be still images.

4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours. In the event of a tie after the voting period has passed, the voting time will be extended by 12 hours, and if after that there is no winner, the next player to get a vote will win the tie.

5. Common sense prevails in image choice.

6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like imgur for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

7. In some cases it is necessary for one or more high-scoring losers to progress to the next round. High-scoring losers are simply those who get the most votes out of all the losing players in the round. If it comes down to two players who have the same number of votes, the player who lost by the smaller margin will progress as the high-scoring loser.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

And here is the draw:

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse v Mr Farenheit

machotrouts v  touchingcloth

DoesNotFollow v Cerys

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien v Dr Trouser

the gingeralien v zomgmouse

Bold types to serve.

Along with the five winners, the least worst loser will be added to the 3rd Round draw. Very best of luck to everyone.

touchingcloth

Shitting myself - machotrouts absolutely demolished the competition in the first round.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I served in the last round, can I swap places with Mr Fahrenheit?

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 18, 2021, 01:33:02 PM
I served in the last round, can I swap places with Mr Fahrenheit?

if he's happy with that then sure.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

touchingcloth

DoesNotFollow

I also served first last round - Cerys fancy serving?

Cerys

touchingcloth

Sploff has fucked this one right up. BREAK HIS LEGS

Spoon of Ploff

BlodwynPig

Good to see some fresh talent among the favourites there

Spoon of Ploff

The Round is over. Well done to the victors, commiserations to the losers, and thanks to all for some top Wronging.

Here are the results in full.

QuotePoirots BigGarlickyCorpse 2  v  15 Mr Farenheit

machotrouts  20  v  1 touchingcloth

DoesNotFollow  14  v 4  Cerys

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien 9  v 10   Dr    Trouser

the gingeralien 11 v  9  zomgmouse

Al tha FunKee Homosapien makes in thru as the least worst loser.

As one of the winners isn't around this week, and if there are no objections, the draw for the next round will be made and posted at lunchtime this Friday.

Ta,

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

No objections. Thanks for your efforts organising so far

Presumably best loser will got though next round as well?

Spoon of Ploff

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

zomgmouse

touchingcloth

Where does coming second in the most-voted match place me overall?

Spoon of Ploff