Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,476
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:43:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Skull - New Predator Film

Started by Malcy, July 28, 2021, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

no that cant be true at all you little bollocks

EDIT - this is me calling PlanktonSideburns a bollocks

PlanktonSideburns

sorry to have been a bit blunt, but there could be something to it -

imagine: a young, doe eyed, innocent version of you, watching robocop. arms in the air, heart open, delighted to watch a dudes cock shot off on VHS

now imagine you now: old, immunocomprimised, arms folded, piles, stick a preadator sequel on, reminds you of a time when your skin fit, makes your piles somehow even MORE palapable, desperatley thinking of something witty to say on a comedy forum about it

just thing about it ye

Goldentony

nah full head of hair, working penis with multi acton foreskin and onnly on 100mg of sertraline, no piles either, shit like a functioning Sea Life Centre underwater tunnel wonderland mate, bosh, food in, shite out, no messing

I'd say fuck the shite CGI animals off and kill more people more often were its flaws, I dont think I could rage against it or anything. It was just a bit dull for too long. I saw a clip of the one before this one in the RedLetterMedia review of SKULL that was Keegan Michael Key doing his one style of delivery of some godless joke about minges and wanted to headbutt the computer. It wasn't anything like that at least.

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Love how you had to point out you weren't bald despite my not even mentioning it

Going to watch this in a bit, gonna look like a right dick if I hate it

Goldentony

This is too high stakes now, I wanted to hate it and get in and out and move on but now I have to think about outcomes and variables of YOU and your PREDATOR ESQUE TRICKS

PlanktonSideburns

I know I tried to be clever it backfired it always does

Mister Six

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 11, 2022, 10:11:50 PMLove how you had to point out you weren't bald despite my not even mentioning it

An inevitable byproduct of where he's posting, TBF.

PlanktonSideburns

Totally cab pilled

Quite like baldness myself, I admire it from afar

Replies From View

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 12, 2022, 05:20:33 AMTotally cab pilled

Quite like baldness myself, I admire it from afar

You are allowed to rub it gently

colacentral

Quote from: Goldentony on August 11, 2022, 08:55:19 PMnah full head of hair, working penis with multi acton foreskin and onnly on 100mg of sertraline, no piles either, shit like a functioning Sea Life Centre underwater tunnel wonderland mate, bosh, food in, shite out, no messing

I'd say fuck the shite CGI animals off and kill more people more often were its flaws, I dont think I could rage against it or anything. It was just a bit dull for too long. I saw a clip of the one before this one in the RedLetterMedia review of SKULL that was Keegan Michael Key doing his one style of delivery of some godless joke about minges and wanted to headbutt the computer. It wasn't anything like that at least.

I agree, couldn't be arsed being a downer in the thread.

I wanted to like it more but it did little for me. The screen being constantly filled with bad CGI made it difficult for me to get absorbed into what was going on, like there was a constant disconnect there. None of the violence feels in any way visceral when it's all CGI blood splitting everywhere.

I found it all generally confusing to watch anyway, with a lot of the camera spinning around wildly. I had no idea how the predator got his arm cut off at the end there, for example.

And like you said, the characters were all pretty shite, particularly the cartoon evil French men.

I don't feel the cinematography really did enough justice to the scenery. I found it rather flat and bland to look at, outside of a few aerial shots.

I just overall found it rather bang average, but I think a lot of that is to do with the budget. With the same money that the last few sequels had to use some practical effects, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Having said that, I felt myself getting into it more towards the end, and it's always a good feeling seeing a predator get the shit kicked out of him. Still the best sequel, though I did enjoy the first two thirds of the Adrian Brody one too, and my memory of that was that it did a better job of building up tension. EG I wasn't a fan of the choice in this to instantly show the predator running around fighting snakes and dogs - totally robbed the film of that feeling of menace and of the tribe being watched and studied. Really bizarre, shit choice that.

idunnosomename

Are there bald predators? I mean not just with the big forehead. Like they have one dread and have it in a combover

Joe Oakes

Thought it was dull but inoffensive. Must admit that I found the colour choice of the girl's face paint distracting in the first half. The white line running from her bottom lip down her neck made it appear as if she was constantly drooling like a right div.

Think someone on set must've noticed during the production so they rewrote her jumping into a river to wash it off. When she reapplies the face paint at the end, she tellingly adds a black line to disguise the shameful dribble.