Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PCR test for 10 min headache?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 31, 2021, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I've read online that the main sign of COVID in double jabbed people is a headache, but these tend to last for over 72 hours. Would you get tested if you had a headache for a significantly shorter period (say 15 mins) and it was only happening while you were in a noisy area? Where I am we can have PCR tests for any reason, I had one last week for a new rash (was negative).

Aside from seeing people today, since the 17th I've only been indoors in a place that wasn't my house once, I was in a shop for 15 mins and I was 1 metre away from an unmasked person for 1 min, they faced me and I was triple masked.

Am I being paranoid or are you getting tested if you have a headache for a short period of time (i.e. less than half an hour)?

All Surrogate

That doesn't strike me as something to worry about. Less than half an hour seems like a pretty short time for 'normal' headaches, let alone COVID ones that typically last for more than a couple of days.

Fambo Number Mive

Thanks, that's good to know.

It would help if the government could give clear guidance on headaches like they did for coughs, but as they haven't even updated the symptoms list to reflect the new ones I doubt they will do this.

Stormila

Spam

katzenjammer

You lucky bastard. I get headaches several times a week that last for hours

mothman

BP OK KJ? Because that was me ten years ago, then I went on ACE inhibitors and now have them very rarely.

katzenjammer

Thanks, never had a BP problem but only ever get it checked a couple of times a year when at the doc. How did you find out? Do you check it at home?

mothman

I can't remember the timeline of events at this point, but it did involve an initial BP check at my GP's, and then wearing a 24-hour device that tests every 15 minutes. It malfunctioned about two-thirds of the way through, but based on what data they were able to get from it I was prescribed first Ramipril 5mg (upped to 10 a year or two after when it wasn't working that effectively anymore) and, last year, changed to Candesartan 8mg.

You can get your BP checked at any decent pharmacy so I'd suggest trying that first. These days everywhere uses electronic ones and they can get bloody tight - we bought a device at Lloyds Pharmacy but I'm scared to use it, it always feels like it's going to take my arm off.

But yeah, my god those headaches I used to get. Was maybe once a week at the start. By the time I was having them every other day enough was enough. When they were really bad they were crippling.

One time MrsMoth and eldest were out for the afternoon and I was looking after youngest, then maybe 2yo. And I was semi-passed out on the living room floor trying to play with her and be normal and not scare her, but I genuinely thought I was going to die. Visions of them coming home and her sitting there saying "Daddy won't wake up."

Before the BP diagnosis I had some special anti-migraine medicine I could take in extreme circumstances. One of them I tried was called Zomig. Nasty stuff! Worked, but my god it had side effects. Parasthesia - extreme sensitivity. If I took a shower afterwards I had to have it lukewarm, otherwise it was like having a hot shower when you have sunburn. And you only got about eight pills in a prescription...

Kankurette

I'm very headachey at the moment, and my body and face feel hot despite the heating not being turned up and me not wearing a hoodie, but I tested negative. So who knows.