Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:24:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel to tell us about online abuse

Started by Famous Mortimer, August 02, 2021, 05:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13 schoolyards

Judged solely on our comedy output, Australia is in no way a legitimate country

Midas

Re: If This Is A Man

The bleak reality is that the stultification of landmark works from the twentieth century by scribbling hacks like Baddiel increases the profile of these books in our fast-moving age of vapourous, vacuous culture where blah blah fucking blah...

Artifical Intelligence is here and it looks like this:

baddiel_launching_faecal_bazooka_into_his_own_gob_.jpeg

We're only as intelligent as the culture that surrounds us allows us to be. A few may choose to believe that the ubiquity of certain News Corp. grifters being allowed to flourish within the mainstream publishing industry highlights the cynicism prolonging our cultural stagnation, and that a population rolling around with their mouths stitched to their own arses, endlessly reaffirming the values of the status quo, is a symptom of some sort of psychosocial decline. It's certainly a stark visual. Who can say...?

idunnosomename

Can you imagine what hes going to say? Genuinely he's incapable of talking about anything other than how he (David Baddiel) has been hounded on social media by vile Corbynites because they dont think being mean to a Jew is racism

Not really appropriate to BEING IN AUSCHWITZ

FalknerHinton

He's going to call having to see the Jason Lee picture in the replies to every tweet he makes his "own, personal Auschwitz".

boki

Quote from: FalknerHinton on July 15, 2022, 10:29:38 AMHe's going to call having to see the Jason Lee picture in the replies to every tweet he makes his "own, personal Auschwitz".
Someone to air his shame, attributing blame.

Famous Mortimer

Baddiel sets the hounds on someone for using the phrase "keep shtum", and therefore being anti-semitic. Of course, the recipient of Baddiel's ire is Jewish.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheKateMcK/status/1570848290727657472

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 17, 2022, 03:40:08 AMBaddiel sets the hounds on someone for using the phrase "keep shtum", and therefore being anti-semitic. Of course, the recipient of Baddiel's ire is Jewish.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheKateMcK/status/1570848290727657472

I feel like the hypocrisy of prominent (usually centre-right) Jewish people calling other Jewish people antisemitic has been pointed out so many times that it's just part of the fabric now.  If you're not Baddiel, you don't get to have your own experience, faith or cultural upbringing.  Because you weren't on TV on the nineties I guess.

Sebastian Cobb

Oh cool the guy who blacked up on telly is policing people on 'appropriating' entirely common loan-words.

Video Game Fan 2000

the well-to-do really talk about authenticity amongst themselves all the time dont they

holyzombiejesus

Maybe his next book should be called 'Gays and Migrant Workers Don't Count'.

king_tubby

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 14, 2022, 07:28:50 PMMaybe his next book should be called 'Gays and Migrant Workers Don't Count'.

Quick google on Qatari attitudes to Judaism seems, um, problematic.

Video Game Fan 2000

do you think he had his draft forward to If This Is A Man open on his laptop as he was on the phone to his management to arrange to get his qatar money

next he has a draft article about The Authoritarian Personality open as he rats out a builder to their boss for drinking tea on the clock wait thats actually kind of harmless and cuddly by comparison

Maurice Yeatman

Baddiel's next book (for adults) is going to be about God, in case you need yet another famous atheist's perspective on that urgent issue.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on November 14, 2022, 08:15:00 PMBaddiel's next book (for adults) is going to be about God, in case you need yet another famous atheist's perspective on that urgent issue.

maybe he's decided to rewrite his history of antisemitism as a whodunnit, but you have to be as good as columbo if you give away the culprit in title like that

Dr Rock

I this antisemitic?:

I condemn in the strongest terms the following countries, by which I mean the governments of those countries, for various war crimes, illegal and immoral invasions within the last 20 years, or systematic oppression based on gender, ethnicity or sexual preference.

The USA
Great Britain
Saudi Arabia
Qatar
Israel
probly some more

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 14, 2022, 08:17:00 PMmaybe he's decided to rewrite his history of antisemitism as a whodunnit, but you have to be as good as columbo if you give away the culprit in title like that
"My zissele is a big fan of yours."

The Baddiel book's title is The God Desire, apparently, and he's said it's about how even atheists crave God. "I wish there was a God. I'm desperate for that comfort. I'm desperate because at heart I'm a wailing load of need, like all human beings. I am a baby at heart. We're all that at heart. We're all helpless children. And I know that some atheists would deny that, but that's just macho posturing."
And the words which David hath spoken are heard, but Ricky heard them not.

Famous Mortimer

imitationleather

Love how he's now the voice of atheists like me too, as well as all Jews.

imitationleather

Baddiel just said I'm not an atheist because I don't disbelieve in God in the right way. He said I am, in fact, a staunch Catholic.

mrpupkin

"I'm a wailing load of need"? Dismal writing.

badaids

Someone on here learned me the word solipsism last week.

I'm grateful because it's allowed me to label and put my finger the thing I find really unpleasant and bugged me about a few people, not least Baddiel.

Johnny Yesno

We all microwave our glasses. And I know that some atheists would deny that, but that's just macho posturing.

imitationleather

Baddiel took one look at me and said, "With your pale skin and Irish teeth you could never disbelieve in God like I do" and that was that. "You go to church every Sunday and think there's a man in the sky who will look after you when you're dead, which is ridiculous, scientists have proved this," he continued, "Unless it's the Jewish God you think is real, who I agree is definitely real and if you say He isn't you are Jeremy Corbyn."

petril

STATIC SLIDE OF DAVID BADDIEL WITH A KNOCKOFF OF ITSY BITSY TEENY WEENY YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI PLAYING

CUT BACK TO STUDIO

DAVID BADDIEL: What a tosser.

Urinal Cake

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on November 14, 2022, 08:44:27 PM"My zissele is a big fan of yours."

The Baddiel book's title is The God Desire, apparently, and he's said it's about how even atheists crave God. "I wish there was a God. I'm desperate for that comfort. I'm desperate because at heart I'm a wailing load of need, like all human beings. I am a baby at heart. We're all that at heart. We're all helpless children. And I know that some atheists would deny that, but that's just macho posturing."
And the words which David hath spoken are heard, but Ricky heard them not.

The third one is going to be him fully renouncing Athiesm after doing the second isn't it, it's all so predicable.

The Mollusk

Quote from: imitationleather on November 15, 2022, 12:12:48 AMBaddiel took one look at me and said, "With your pale skin and Irish teeth you could never disbelieve in God like I do" and that was that. "You go to church every Sunday and think there's a man in the sky who will look after you when you're dead, which is ridiculous, scientists have proved this," he continued, "Unless it's the Jewish God you think is real, who I agree is definitely real and if you say He isn't you are Jeremy Corbyn."

There's not nearly enough commas in that for me to believe it was Baddiel.

Ferris

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on November 14, 2022, 08:44:27 PMAnd the words which David hath spoken are heard, but Ricky heard them not.

Enjoyed this.

I don't think I desperately wish there was a god? Can't remember a time when I ever did, really, even as a child. Just... "oh well obviously that's not true" and on I went. Don't project your hackery onto me, David.