Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So I Hear You’re a Nonce Now, Bob Dylan…

Started by Wet Blanket, August 16, 2021, 10:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egyptian Feast

Emergency meeting at Mojo HQ 9am tomorrow.

Hideous story, if it's true. The discourse is going to be grim viewing on social media.

PaulTMA

healter skealter on the Steve Hoffman board: "I wonder whether the accuser is using the modern wokeist definition of sexual assault, which appears to include complimenting ladies on their appearance?"

bigfatheart

Ah yes, the old "drug 'em and ply 'em with drink for six weeks so you can tell them you like their hair" trick.

[tag]Rainy Day Women Aged 12 & 35[/tag]

The Mollusk

QuoteA spokesman for Dylan, now 80, told the Guardian on Monday that "the 56-year-old claim is untrue and will be vigorously defended".

The fact that this statement smugly mentions the age of the claim as if to mock the alleged victim speaks volumes. Fucking atrocious sneery thing to say for absolutely no reason other than to be like "left it a bit before speaking out about this didn't she?" right there broad as fuckin daylight.

shagatha crustie

bgmnts

Bit iffy this one for me personally but hopefully there is a thorough investigation and he gets clapped in irons if he was involved.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Petey Pate

Supposedly the timeline and location of the abuse doesn't make sense, as it allegedly occurred in New York during April and May 1965, which is when Dylan was on tour in England. Could be that the reported date are wrong though.

Mobius

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Petey Pate on August 17, 2021, 01:11:17 AM
Supposedly the timeline and location of the abuse doesn't make sense, as it allegedly occurred in New York during April and May 1965, which is when Dylan was on tour in England. Could be that the reported date are wrong though.

This is what I was wondering anyway, but I suppose the truth will come out either way. Being impartial until we find out what is actually brought forward, but Dylan was one of the most documented people in the world around that time. I think the best thing for right now is for no one to believe one way till we know more.

A part of me is curious if his ex-wife Sara will have any sort of a role to play when this goes to court, as they were dating at that time. (Apparently Sara also came with Bob to Portugal after the UK tour until 2nd June)

SpiderChrist

kalowski

Quote from: Nowhere Man on August 17, 2021, 04:04:23 AM
This is what I was wondering anyway, but I suppose the truth will come out either way. Being impartial until we find out what is actually brought forward, but Dylan was one of the most documented people in the world around that time. I think the best thing for right now is for no one to believe one way till we know more.

A part of me is curious if his ex-wife Sara will have any sort of a role to play when this goes to court, as they were dating at that time. (Apparently Sara also came with Bob to Portugal after the UK tour until 2nd June)
If true, the dates must be wrong. I've just noticed that April/May 1965 was when Pennebaker was filming Don't Look Back with that huge entourage of people so as well as being in England Dylan was being filmed all the time.
Edit: not that she would have been caught on film, I just mean there must be witnesses to some suspicious behaviour around this time, even if it was ignored at the time. Dylan was surrounded by people.

Brundle-Fly

It might go the Jimmy Tarbuck route then. His accuser said the offence took place at the Top Of The Pops studio in London in 1964, but he had never appeared on Top Of The Pops and it was filmed in Manchester in the early years of the programme so it was thrown out.

kalowski

https://twitter.com/venetianblonde/status/1427386653941936128?s=19

If the dates of the accusation have been reported correctly, it makes for interesting reading.

pigamus

PaulTMA

jobotic

Don't think I'll be listening to Just Like A Woman again for a while, although I always found it rather icky.

Flouncer

jobotic

Norton Canes

Kankurette

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true but even if it was, no fucker will believe her anyway.
Quote from: PaulTMA on August 16, 2021, 11:12:07 PM
healter skealter on the Steve Hoffman board: "I wonder whether the accuser is using the modern wokeist definition of sexual assault, which appears to include complimenting ladies on their appearance?"
Another reason why the word 'woke' needs to be taken away from white people and never, ever used by them again. And why do so many men feel the need to comment on women's appearances anyway?

Flouncer

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 17, 2021, 09:56:36 AM
Look out kid, don't matter what you did

Ah, the famous line from Subhuman Paed-Wraith Blues.

Natnar

Quote from: PaulTMA on August 16, 2021, 11:12:07 PM

That Dylan thread on there has been locked and deleted now but not before someone posted that it wouldn't bother them if he had done it. The consensus on there is that the woman is a nasty gold digger and poor Bob is being stitched up by all the woke people who are daring to not instantly condemn the accuser.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Kankurette on August 17, 2021, 10:04:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was true but even if it was, no fucker will believe her anyway.Another reason why the word 'woke' needs to be taken away from white people and never, ever used by them again. And why do so many men feel the need to comment on women's appearances anyway?

Agreed

Pauline Walnuts

They do that a lot over there, (Deleting threads that is, not defending potential kidyfiddlers) I was halfway through a "Is Be Here Now the worst produced album eva?" thread when it disappeared when I went onto the next page.

sevendaughters

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on August 17, 2021, 10:29:48 AM
They do that a lot over there, (Deleting threads that is, not defending potential kidyfiddlers) I was halfway through a "Is Be Here Now the worst produced album eva?" thread when it disappeared when I went onto the next page.

yeah same on a 'the new Van Morrison really stinks' thread. Shame, as I wrote a very long post on the matter.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 17, 2021, 08:10:23 AM
It might go the Jimmy Tarbuck route then. His accuser said the offence took place at the Top Of The Pops studio in London in 1964, but he had never appeared on Top Of The Pops and it was filmed in Manchester in the early years of the programme so it was thrown out.

same in the Ken Barlow trial. one of the accusers kept calling him 'Ken Barlow' and said he used to drive her around in a gold car he was famous for owning, only he rented it 10 years after the alleged time he assaulted her.

Open-minded on Dylanonce but in 1965 he had to be one of the most documented people on earth not involved in the Cold War.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Natnar on August 17, 2021, 10:17:46 AM
That Dylan thread on there has been locked and deleted now but not before someone posted that it wouldn't bother them if he had done it.

68 year old woman - Bob Dylan abused me when I was 12
Mojo readers - But it hasn't happened recently?
68 year old woman - No
Mojo readers - Great. *puts on The Freewheeling Bob Dylan*

kalowski

Quote from: PaulTMA on August 17, 2021, 09:23:53 AM
I reckon he didn't do it
I also reckon it is very unlikely, but let's see what comes out in the case.