Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Backstage W/ Katherine Ryan

Started by MigraineBoy, August 27, 2021, 10:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MigraineBoy

New Amazon Prime show that "aims to highlight the behind-the-scenes secrets of some of the UK's most beloved comedy stars.
The series aims to encourage comedy fans to return to live shows after lockdown brought the entire industry to a standstill."

Hosted by Katherine Ryan, each episode will feature some of the most exciting names in British comedy, including: Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle, Sara Pascoe, Judi Love, Ivo Graham, Jo Brand, Nish Kumar, Joel Dommett, Rosie Jones, Rob Beckett, Sue Perkins, Tom Allen, Michelle de Swarte, Desiree Burch, Seann Walsh, Nick Mohammed, Sarah Millican, Joanne McNally, Russell Kane, Geoff Norcott, and Darren Harriott

Press release: https://amazonuk.gcs-web.com/news-releases/news-release-details/prime-video-launch-uk-amazon-original-comedy-series-backstage

Twilkes

That's actually quite a neat idea, a real life Packet Of Three (which incidentally I have zero memory of Steve Coogan appearing in). And the comedians backstage get to bollock on about nothing like on their podcasts, but get paid Amazon money for it. I would give it a try, I wonder whether the backstage stuff will devalue the standup though, like on a comedy club night when the compere's banter is too good.

MigraineBoy

Seen the first 3 of these & it's nice seeing the different pre-show routines the acts exhibit. From Sean Walsh shitting himself, Frankie Boyle immediately locking himself away and going over and over his material, etc.

Obviously they know cameras are everywhere so it isn't 100% natural, but I think it feels even more natural thanks to the Katherine Ryan / Geoff Norcott 'bits' being so forced.

Still.  I enjoy the format & hopefully they get a second series and take a lead out of the Taskmaster playbook & book a diverse cast that gel well together.

neveragain