Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,454
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Three Bean Salad podcast

Started by her?, October 27, 2021, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Great to have them back. The extended Bluebell odyssey is the sort of thing I would absolutely hate in the wrong hands, but they just add elements in that make it wonderful.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea they got away with that didn't they? Could have been rough embarrassing, but the audacity of it kept me grinning

Ray Travez

Cheers for flagging this up, slowly working my way through them. Don't know who any of them are, and I often can't tell who is speaking, except one of them sounds a bit more like Joe Cornish than the other two. Only on ep 6 so I expect it will all become clear.

Des Wigwam

I love it. Am just at the end of series 3 and fairly confident I can tell Mike and Ben apart now. Henry is quite easy because, as above, he just sounds in a mad panic. Or defensive.

Favourite jingle is America. I like it all and enjoy them changing the advice at the end ("Mr.... Presley" ) but always stupidly laugh at "Burgers".

PlanktonSideburns

Ben sounds keen and awake
Mike sounds low and tired
Henry scared

retsuza

Agreeing completely about the extended yet hilarious Bluebell bit in the Bears episode.

Even the phrase "compressed meat biscuit" is very funny to me. It's like "knitted woolen hat" from a Stewart Lee bit, where he says in his book that part of the reason that works is because the phrase is sort of funny just in general.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 03, 2022, 05:28:35 PMBen sounds keen and awake
Henry scared

I'm also still having trouble differentiating the Beans so this is actually useful lol.

PlanktonSideburns

Anyone else's joy in this show slightly tinged with frustration that they haven't yet played your 5min long ambient version of the theme tune?

Des Wigwam

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 03, 2022, 05:28:35 PMBen sounds keen and awake
Henry scared

Yes - that's pretty much how I snap out of thinking Mike is Ben and vice versa. Haven't listened to Beef and Dairy Network for a long while but when my mind was blown the first time Mike came on as a guest. Thing is they don't really sound that alike (I don't have that much of a tin ear).

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 05, 2022, 02:43:13 PMAnyone else's joy in this show slightly tinged with frustration that they haven't yet played your 5min long ambient version of the theme tune?

I wouldn't presume to inflict my musical ability on anyone let alone the Beans. But got to the end of S3 yesterday and they switched up the Sean Bean Lounge shout-outs - in that one it was a Bean Ball commentary which was excellent. I do think they genuinely thought they would only have a couple of dozen Sean Bean Tier subscribers (which given they're fairly successful in their industry seems really naive).

PlanktonSideburns

yea after being able to differentiate between them on the podcast, seems mad that i couldnt looking back

I'm three episodes in and absolutely loving this.

Beef and Dairy makes me smile rather than laugh, so I expected more of the same here - but I'm in pain from laughing so much at the Russell Crowe panini bit in the Rome episode.

Definitely agree with the Adam and Joe comparisons.

edwardfog

Does anyone remember which episode it is where Henry talks about a toad ruining his honeymoon? Please help

Bernice

I can never remember which episode any 'bit' comes from. Went looking for the episode where Henry talks about a bird getting in his room the other day and still haven't found it.

retsuza

It's like trying to find a particular bean in a salad it just can't be done without a lot of digging.

MrsWarboysLover

Quote from: Bernice on July 29, 2022, 07:52:34 AMI can never remember which episode any 'bit' comes from. Went looking for the episode where Henry talks about a bird getting in his room the other day and still haven't found it.

If you end up finding it, please let me know!

It's hard because they spend such little time talking about the main theme of the episode. You would think after all the resources and effort it takes to use the Bean Machine to select a topic, that they would treat it with a little more gravitas.

PlanktonSideburns

Henry's impression of a
Spoiler alert
Laughing floating Japanese pony from twitch or something
[close]
was totally spot on, I can't stop thinking of it

rude soil

Quote from: Bernice on July 29, 2022, 07:52:34 AMI can never remember which episode any 'bit' comes from. Went looking for the episode where Henry talks about a bird getting in his room the other day and still haven't found it.

That's from Bags about 52:30 in.

I'm absolutely loving this podcast. I've ploughed through the first 20 odd episodes and laughed my socks off at all of them.

However...I'm a bit worried about the way they're going with the jingles. They started off as a kind of an ironic joke but they're now so numerous and some are so long that they almost ruin the show for me.

I haven't read anyone else having a similar gripe. Is it just me?

Famous Mortimer

I think their length and ubiquity is the Joke, but (clearly) ymmv.

PlanktonSideburns

Now that they fade out the bluebell one, I'm pretty happy. Wish the AMERICA one was about 6db quieter, it really rips out of whatever I'm listening to

non capisco

I'm playing catch-up with these, just started series 2 but yes, really funny stuff. Posted it in one of the list threads but it's now topical so I'll put it in here as well, I loved the riff where they're talking about how it's illegal to draw the Queen on the toilet so you have to draw it with a dust cloud round her like people having a fight in a comic strip. Mike chiming in with "But you have to draw her crown round her ankles so they can tell what she's up to" made me do a loud barking laugh outside Aldi that startled an old woman.

I agree with whoever said Henry sounds identical to Richard Herring, btw. He bloody does!

PlanktonSideburns

Herring? I can't hear that at all

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: non capisco on September 10, 2022, 02:09:53 PMI'm playing catch-up with these, just started series 2 but yes, really funny stuff. Posted it in one of the list threads but it's now topical so I'll put it in here as well, I loved the riff where they're talking about how it's illegal to draw the Queen on the toilet so you have to draw it with a dust cloud round her like people having a fight in a comic strip. Mike chiming in with "But you have to draw her crown round her ankles so they can tell what she's up to" made me do a loud barking laugh outside Aldi that startled an old woman.

I agree with whoever said Henry sounds identical to Richard Herring, btw. He bloody does!

Yea some of mike's interjections are amazing, in the most recent one he does one in the ham section that really got me going. Also the one where he says

Sicario Chihuahuas?

Keeps coming back to me

Des Wigwam

Can anyone help with a recommendation for a book Mike (I think) made which is written by someone they know - almost certain it's on Audible.

I got a free bump on my cancelled Audible account for 2 credits so renewed and got Oasthouse 2 and Bob Mortimer's crime novel then as I knew would happen I didn't cancel until it had just ticked over into a paid subscription - so now I have one credit to use before cancelling.

Have been doing some ad-hoc older episodes over the last few weeks and this came to mind but I don't know which ep it's mentioned in to go and check the title.

Anyone?

big al

Can't remember the title, but I think it was by Daniel Rigby.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: big al on October 30, 2022, 11:22:40 AMCan't remember the title, but I think it was by Daniel Rigby.

Yes! Isaac Steele and The Forever Man - that's it thanks (Well it sounds very right).

Problem is it's included in the membership so still got a credit to use up. Will this torment never end?!

samadriel

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on September 10, 2022, 08:15:12 AMHowever...I'm a bit worried about the way they're going with the jingles. They started off as a kind of an ironic joke but they're now so numerous and some are so long that they almost ruin the show for me.

I haven't read anyone else having a similar gripe. Is it just me?

I'm just worried by their desire to record a new email section jingle -- the "good morning postmaster,  anything for me?" "Just some old shit." bit never fails to crack me up.

Blinder Data

Quote from: edwardfog on July 26, 2022, 11:05:19 AMDoes anyone remember which episode it is where Henry talks about a toad ruining his honeymoon? Please help

This doesn't ring any bells - got any more details? Definitely Three Bean Salad?

Mr Eggs

Henry Paker saying the words "almond" and "Croissant" absolutely boils my piss.

Spang!

Quote from: edwardfog on July 26, 2022, 11:05:19 AMDoes anyone remember which episode it is where Henry talks about a toad ruining his honeymoon? Please help

Pagans, 53:30 or so.