Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poobum

Love Alfie's videos (that's not some cringing overfamiliarity, can't remember his surname). His one on how Alex Song and Diafra Sakho ended up playing for Arta Solar in Djibouti is a fun one.

Hat FM

went to see Bromley get a last minute equaliser against Arsenal under 21's last night. Looking forward to going to a few midweek games now i have a season ticket (£97 - not bad!). Altringham is our first home game. #cnbnationalleaguerivalry

Kankurette

Did not know Neil Harris (as in the ex-Millwall manager) is managing Gillingham. Mein Hut wird gefickt.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Kankurette on July 27, 2022, 09:42:40 PMDid not know Neil Harris (as in the ex-Millwall manager) is managing Gillingham. Mein Hut wird gefickt.

I'd always just assumed that they rotated Steve Evans & Andy Hessenthaler.

Kankurette

They can't get Pulis anymore. He's moved on to more glamorous climes.

KennyMonster

Ok, the worries begin in a few hours guys.

"Can we do it this season?" we all ask.

I'm hoping it's not 3rd time unlucky.

Kankurette

jobotic

Gillingham away to Wimbledon in their exciting new home of League 2 (good to be back)

More excitingly, Chatham Town away to East Grinstead in their exciting new home of Isthmian League South East Division.

Ooh, it's time!

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Inspector Norse on June 30, 2022, 02:12:34 PMSignificant Oldham news: incompetent current owner Abdallah Lemsagam and dodgy former owner Simon Blitz have agreed to sell the club and stadium to "a longstanding successful local business".

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/june/30062022-club-statement/

Promising news, no idea what the business is. JW Lees?

Aaaand it's portacabin magnate and charity rower Frank Rothwell, with support from Joe Royle and his son who will sit on the board of directors. Really promising, a local businessman who's a genuine fan, backed up by the club's greatest ever manager. Club bought, they're trying to get the purchase of the stadium (which is a whole other kettle of fish) over the line but if things looked dark a couple of months ago there's suddenly real optimism around for the first time in years and years. The financial issues, the incompetent management and the murky details of the stadium's ownership have threatened to put the club out of existence.
Not sure an immediate return to the league will be on but they will hopefully at least stabilise the club and start building for the future properly. No game today, the National League starts next week. Time I hope to bring in a couple more players after some promising transfer business up till now.

Kankurette

Be interesting to see how Neil Harris does with Gillingham, he got Millwall promoted and they've been in the Championship since (and were a fun team to watch as well, shame about their cunt fans).

KennyMonster

Kankurette

KennyMonster

AnOrdinaryBoy

Good start for Derby. Given the truncated pre-season and the fact that the players have barely been together long enough to be on first name terms, I am expecting a very slow and inconsistent start to the campaign. Hopefully we can be in touch of the playoffs come January and by then things will be knitted together enough to fulfil the undoubted potential the players have and finish in the top 6, then who knows.

KennyMonster

Norwich need to get their new guys up to speed and fit or we'll struggle.

The guys from last season are out of ideas and passion.

We're also going to struggle for centre backs too after only one game #facepalm

monkfromhavana

Cov played pretty poorly in the first half yesterday, but greatly picked up when we put an actual attacking midfielder on and one of our first choice full backs.

Think Sunderland will struggle, although they have some decent players.

Kankurette

Bennett Brauer

Have to feel for Balham with their FA Cup dream being shattered so soon plus a 4,000-mile coach journey back home tonight!!!😂🤣😉

Kankurette

Bennett Brauer

There were some other great team names in the draw.

Spelthorne Sports
Brimscombe & Thrupp
New Salamis (did Dion Dublin once play for them?)
Hassocks
Hereford Pegasus
Leicester Nirvana
Roman Glass St George
Romulus

jobotic

Quote from: Kankurette on August 06, 2022, 10:56:38 PMI'm intrigued by West Allotment Celtic.

You don't want to be in town when they play East Vegetable Patch Rangers.

Bennett Brauer

For Partridge fans and Domingo, Little Oakley are out but Newcastle Benfield beat Crook Town (black and white hoops) 2-0.

Bennett Brauer

And belated congratulations to CaB's own Glebe.

Hope you get Penistone Church in the next round.

Kankurette

Hassocks is in Sussex. Leicester Nirvana though? It sounds like a tribute band.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Kankurette on August 06, 2022, 11:48:41 PMHassocks is in Sussex.

I know, and I forgot to add the 'I bet they took the knee before the game' joke.

jobotic

ITV's highlights package is a bit odd. The music that comes on either side of the adverts sounds like its from an 80s cop show. The presenter Jules Breach talked about Bolton v Wycombe as a "Wanderers derby" (presumably as a joke) and called Crewe Alexandra "Crewe Alexander".

I wanted to go to bed but waited for the Gills goal and they lost the footage, but it did come back for a four second clip.

Jobi McAnuff is a handsome charming fella though.

KennyMonster

Quote from: jobotic on August 08, 2022, 10:33:03 AMITV's highlights package is a bit odd. The music that comes on either side of the adverts sounds like its from an 80s cop show. The presenter Jules Breach talked about Bolton v Wycombe as a "Wanderers derby" (presumably as a joke) and called Crewe Alexandra "Crewe Alexander".

I wanted to go to bed but waited for the Gills goal and they lost the footage, but it did come back for a four second clip.

Jobi McAnuff is a handsome charming fella though.

Its piss weak too,
The Norwich Wigan game had a couple of major incidents that didn't exist in the world of ITV4, I'm sure Quest would have shown and discussed them.

Maybe trying to squeeze all three leagues into 2 hours is a problem, Quest programme was three hours I think.

Quote from: Kankurette on August 06, 2022, 10:56:38 PMI'm intrigued by West Allotment Celtic.

Northumbria.

New Salamis are a Cypriot-founded side in London.

Last year, I went to a game in all the rounds of the FA Cup up to the 3rd. Missing out this year, think the first one I can make is the 3rd qualifying round.

Quote from: KennyMonster on August 09, 2022, 11:10:52 AMMaybe trying to squeeze all three leagues into 2 hours is a problem, Quest programme was three hours I think.

Was 2 hours on quest as well. 1 hr for the championship, 30 mins each for league 1 + 2.