Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Dom hasn't really improved much has he?

Deanjam

Ja'moke

The insanely long walk-way makes the run-ins kinda funny.

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Deanjam

Feels like they're building Montez Ford for a heel turn and solo run.

Ja'moke

I was thinking the other way. Profits will lose and Angelo will crack Montez with JJ's guitar.

Ja'moke

Or not. Kind of a dull match after they had a banger at the last ppv.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 31, 2022, 03:29:51 AMOr not. Kind of a dull match after they had a banger at the last ppv.

The split is definitely coming though.

Deanjam

Can't see Liv winning clean. Either Rousey regains (boo!) or someone's gonna interfere.

Deanjam

Ja'moke

That match was terrible but turning Ronda heel is correct move.

Deanjam

Apparently the Liv/Ronda match had time cut due to Miz/Paul going long. Shame it didn't have more cut off.

Ja'moke

Christ, Roman's entrance is Taker length these days, eh?

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 31, 2022, 04:05:26 AMChrist, Roman's entrance is Taker length these days, eh?

Yep. Add in the pre-match promo and it's interminable.

Ja'moke

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Oddly underwhelming finish. A lot of disractions in that match to cover up that Brock and Roman don't work well together in wrestling matches.

Ja'moke

Overall that was a pretty fun ppv! Still some of the usual WWE bollocks and the camera cuts are still infuriating but there felt like more of an effort to do some interesting and exciting stuff.

elliszeroed

Fuck... there was a Summerslam this weekend??

Moribunderast

Not gonna lie, pretty disappointed Io (now Iyo because of course it is) is staying with WWE and Dakota returned. I'm a fan of both and was hoping to soon see them on a show I watch. Io apparently has always wanted to be a big star in the US and HHH may very well push her as such so best of luck to her.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Moribunderast on July 31, 2022, 06:17:48 AMNot gonna lie, pretty disappointed Io (now Iyo because of course it is) is staying with WWE and Dakota returned. I'm a fan of both and was hoping to soon see them on a show I watch. Io apparently has always wanted to be a big star in the US and HHH may very well push her as such so best of luck to her.

It's hard to blame any of the women for choosing WWE over AEW.

Tony Khan just doesn't seem to be a big fan of women's wrestling and it shows with how he books the division — it doesn't make it appealing to potential free agents. And you'd think he'd prioritise the division more when there is a chance to grab Sasha Banks and Naomi, but they'll both probably end back up in WWE too.

It'd have been cool to see Io back in Stardom though.

Ja'moke

Did anyone watch Ric Flair's last match? A sad and uncomfortable watch.

sevendaughters

Flair's Last Match was wrestling at its most noble and interesting. A fitting parade of pure carnival, the line of reality and falsity tightroped with free abandon. It should be buried in a time capsule and shown to future generations to educate them how kings lived.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Deanjam on July 31, 2022, 04:37:38 AMOddly underwhelming finish. A lot of disractions in that match to cover up that Brock and Roman don't work well together in wrestling matches.

they work fine in short measures but both are just trying to protect their spot, it's like Piper-Hogan in the mid-80s.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 01, 2022, 11:34:47 AMDid anyone watch Ric Flair's last match? A sad and uncomfortable watch.

No. The whole thing was a terrible idea. I did see this picture and thought how sad the whole thing was. Genuinely, shame on everyone involved.

Ja'moke

SRS reporting that Raw is meant to be a "statement" show tonight. First proper show under Triple H's regime.

And this WWE tweet heavily implies Sasha and Naomi returning: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1554149962224730114?s=20&t=bogFhVpk1Zc55Hndab51hQ

The Crumb

Opening with a 45 minute promo of HHH and Steph dressing down the entire roster. Rest of the show is HHH painstakingly pedigreeing them 1 by 1.

Or Ricochet and Balor go 50 minutes

Psybro

Mind blown when I saw Becky got an injury and turned face and realised the angle booking itself actually matters now.

Ja'moke

The dirt sheets reporting that Sasha is returning to WWE.