Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:41:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psybro

1 weird trick for household bills: check your account in case Vince McMahon accidentally sent you hush money

Custard

To the surprise of no one, Flair is possibly already going back on his "last match" promise
https://www.sescoops.com/news/ric-flair-wishes-didnt-call-nashville-show-last-match/

Oh and he says he passed out twice during the match. Which is understandable, as 73 year olds aren't really built for blading and taking bumps

One for the desolation thread, maybe

Ja'moke

Jericho looks in great shape, fair fucks. Also cool that they got his ECW theme.

Ja'moke

Great to see Punk back so soon! And looks like Kenny next week.

And I'm still predicting MJF returns at the end of All Out.

Mobius

I'm just catching up on the episode now I love the Miro and Julia bit. The coffin match was insane too, great finish

Gurke and Hare

Not a lot not to like about that show, including QT going arse over tit when he tried to chase Ricky over the barricade.

That bracket's amazing (if you squint a bit and pretend that Trustbusters aren't in it). I want to see all four of the possible semi-finals on the left hand side, and I like that they've let me continue to kid myself that they're finally going to pay off the Death Triangle/Best Friends feud they've been teasing since before the pandemic.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 11, 2022, 03:00:58 AMAnd I'm still predicting MJF returns at the end of All Out.

I hope so!

Looking forward to Mox vs. Punk. Just don't blade again this time, Jon.

Gurke and Hare

Pat MacAfee looks like, and has the mannerisms of Greg Davies.

Triple H had years to think about what he'd do once the old man was gone and he was in charge and he settled on bringing back Top Dolla, one of the worst wrestlers the PC has ever produced who was fired after a fortnight on the main roster because everyone despised him

elliszeroed

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 11, 2022, 10:06:53 AMI hope so!

Looking forward to Mox vs. Punk. Just don't blade again this time, Jon.

Trivia question: What was the last match that Mox did't blade?

I hate seeing blood in wrestling, it's rarely necessary and only adds to the match drama in limited cases, so seeing Mox bleeding constantly isn't just ugly, but anti-dramatic and lessens impact.

Mobius

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on August 13, 2022, 02:25:28 AMTriple H had years to think about what he'd do once the old man was gone and he was in charge and he settled on bringing back Top Dolla, one of the worst wrestlers the PC has ever produced who was fired after a fortnight on the main roster because everyone despised him

Hit Row without Swerve seems dumb.

Pretty ordinary Rampage. Some weird faction closing the show. Garcia stuff was cool though

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: elliszeroed on August 13, 2022, 02:34:14 AMTrivia question: What was the last match that Mox did't blade?

I hate seeing blood in wrestling, it's rarely necessary and only adds to the match drama in limited cases, so seeing Mox bleeding constantly isn't just ugly, but anti-dramatic and lessens impact.

It's not that I hate blood in wrestling but agree that it is being overused too much in AEW, it's becoming commonplace and meaningless. Mox particularly is taking the piss, he's blading 60 seconds into a match, or taking a flat back bump in the middle of the ring and rolling out and blading, it's ridiculous and adds nothing. I don't mind a good hardcore match now and then but this trend for bringing out shit like kebab skewers does nothing for me at all, keep that shit in GCW.

BeardFaceMan

Ja'moke

Triple H is bringing back some random people, eh. I expected to see the likes of Gargano, Candice, Sasha, Bray again. Not Karrion Kross, Dexter Lumis, and Swerve-less Hit Row.

Bray Wyatt seems likely to be coming back, hopefully not as The Fiend.

Psybro

The one thing I've got sick of the most is the whole biting an open wound spot.  It's solely there to shock but you do it every other week, clearly dumb as fuck.  For example, a sleeper suplex has more impact because I don't see it as often as that spot.

Gurke and Hare

New Japan have announced London shows for 1st and 2nd October.

Psybro

How can AEW have a million dudes and a thousand titles and still close Rampage on a big heat angle with four people it is clinically impossible to give a fuck about?

Mobius

Quote from: Psybro on August 17, 2022, 10:01:37 PMHow can AEW have a million dudes and a thousand titles and still close Rampage on a big heat angle with four people it is clinically impossible to give a fuck about?

Yeah I guess they are going to be in the trios tournament so tried to make them seem like some kind of threat, but I wasn't really a fan of that. Don't mind a new faction closing the show, but those guys are all geeks.

Really hope Kenneth Omega returns today. Danielson Vs Garcia should be an awesome match.

Moribunderast

Mox/Punk face-off was immense. Punk is God-tier on the mic.

Ja'moke

What an amazing first hour of Dynamite. First that intense Mox and Punk stand off and then a near 40 minute classic between Bryan and Garcia.

And that post match?! Garcia chants! "You're a wrestler!" Great moment.

gmoney

Shaping up to be my favourite ever Dynamite so far, I think what a fucking start.

Gurke and Hare

Haha they found the perfect way to use Nese.

Mobius

Yeah awesome start with Mox and Punk, and an amazing match with Garcia and Danielson. Insane hour of wrestling!

Ja'moke

And now Daddy Ass has reunited with his real sons. What a ride!

gmoney

Deanjam

Punk/Moxley on free TV next week seems an odd decision. I don't see any scenario that justifies giving your biggest match away for free.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on August 18, 2022, 02:53:46 AMPunk/Moxley on free TV next week seems an odd decision. I don't see any scenario that justifies giving your biggest match away for free.

I feel like maybe Punk isn't feeling confident enough to put on a ppv singles match main event, and so maybe they're gonna turn it into Punk v Mox v Hangman (the Hangman mention tonight set that up).

So next week, Punk and Mox can have a short-ish unification match and the fans won't feel as robbed as they didn't fork out for the ppv for it. And then they can do a three way at All Out, so that Punk can take breaks while Mox and Hangman carry the match.

Anyway, Kenny being back is awesome. Definitely playing up his injuries/ring rust, I assume for the inevitable shit talking and match with Ospreay.

Moribunderast

Dynamite Of The Year, that. Omega's return was an epic moment.

Only downside of the show was JR being actively awful. I defend him sometimes but he was the only negative in a show that was like an 11/10. I enjoy Callis giving him shit, at least.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on August 18, 2022, 02:53:46 AMPunk/Moxley on free TV next week seems an odd decision. I don't see any scenario that justifies giving your biggest match away for free.

Maybe MJF is coming back to cause a ruckus.