Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,174
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

More worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 21, 2021, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

They seem very easy to infiltrate and monitor. I've only sleepily  clicked  on a link and would qualify as a source deep inside the organisation.

They just seem like Casuals but less well organised and without the football.

Kankurette

Oh great, more state-endorsed wannabe Brownshirt football hooligans.

I went on my customary New Year's Day walk yesterday and was confronted with a White Rose sticker saying:
QuoteToday
NO MASK
NO ENTRY

Tomorrow
No Jab
No Job

Soon
No Microchip
No Rights

Sophie Scholl was hanged for protesting against a brutal regime. Nobody is hanging anyone for not wearing a mask. As for 'no rights', what about that citizenship thing...oh, I forgot, you don't care about that because it doesn't affect you.

ETA: and to nobody's surprise, the White Rose are full of antisemites.

Crenners

Pink Gregory

do you think the all black uniforms are to hide their christmas weight

paruses

I like to think that the black trousers and shirts, which are easy to source would give them the paramilitary look but the black hat is way too prone to error. Will be like the Dad's Army one with the weapons: a few caps, a Lord Snooty top hat, couple of homburgs, maybe a Halloween witch....

JamesTC

QuoteAttendees are told to wear a "black uniform, black boots and a black hat

Oh no, I've clearly come to the wrong Alpha Men Assemble.

no_offenc

Quote from: Kankurette on January 02, 2022, 10:04:01 AMOh great, more state-endorsed wannabe Brownshirt football hooligans.

I went on my customary New Year's Day walk yesterday and was confronted with a White Rose sticker saying:
Sophie Scholl was hanged for protesting against a brutal regime. Nobody is hanging anyone for not wearing a mask. As for 'no rights', what about that citizenship thing...oh, I forgot, you don't care about that because it doesn't affect you.

ETA: and to nobody's surprise, the White Rose are full of antisemites.

Tons of this shite up around my end of Toxteth. Cosmic scallies galore. My partner and I have taken the qr codes and urls off all the ones we've seen up (if not possible to remove the whole thing at least). Gobshites the lot.

Kankurette

What is it with Liverpool and COVID deniers? I know you've had some big anti-mask demos there.

I just rip them up with keys.

SpiderChrist

Nadhim Zahawi seems to think that LFTs can be manufactured on demand by simply hitting the F5 button on your laptop.

imitationleather

Probably got them mixed up with NFTs. I keep doing that as well.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on January 03, 2022, 10:45:01 AMProbably got them mixed up with NFTs. I keep doing that as well.

One lot are a quasi-mythical resource, doled out by a shadowy central authority and valued far beyond their actual worth... and the other are NFTs!!!

Fambo Number Mive

Such a stupid statement is an insult to everyone who has died so far, everyone with Long Covid and those who are at risk of hospitalisation or death even with the Omicron variant.

"Omicron envy" indeed. Shame on whoever commissioned that at the Independent (it's behind their Premium paywall).

Sonny_Jim

Tennis player Novak Djokovic has been tiptoeing around his vaccination status, neither confirming nor denying it.  Don't worry though, because Tennis Australia have said 'No worries mate!' and let him play in the Australian Open anyway, giving him a special exemption:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/05/appalling-message-outrage-over-novak-djokovics-medical-exemption-to-play-australian-open

Kankurette

Djokovic is such a tool. He's up there with Le Tissier and the Paed Squad.

Sonny_Jim

Well his flights landed and he's probably going through customs now, whether or not his visa holds is another matter.

EDIT:

QuoteA visa bungle has cast doubt over Novak Djokovic's entry into Australia, with the Victorian government rejecting a late-night request to support the world No. 1's visa hours before he landed in Melbourne.

The world's No.1 tennis player, who was granted an exemption to play in this month's Australian Open, landed at Tullamarine about 11.30pm.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/visa-bungle-delays-novak-djokovic-s-entry-into-australia-20220105-p59m75.html

buttgammon

I'd love it if the little prick got turned away!

Sonny_Jim

Yep, turned away at the border.  As they say down here 'Haha get fukt cunt'

Ferris

Good. Rules are for everyone mate, shame you wasted your time flying all the way out here but there you go.

Sonny_Jim

Australian Border Force don't fuck around, anyone who's seen that reality TV program where they shout slowly at elderly Chinese ladies can testify to that.

From what I gather, he landed, got fucked around by border control for a couple of hours, then went to the quarantine hotel, only for him to be sent back to the airport and put on the next flight home.

Sonny_Jim

Ah bollocks.  He's had a stay of execution and is still in quarantine until Monday, when he's up in court to fight his deportation.

buttgammon

Hopefully he has a wasted weekend and a humiliating trip home.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: no_offenc on January 03, 2022, 09:09:58 AMTons of this shite up around my end of Toxteth. Cosmic scallies galore. My partner and I have taken the qr codes and urls off all the ones we've seen up (if not possible to remove the whole thing at least). Gobshites the lot.

One sticker at a time keeps turning up on my street and I hope I run into the cunt that's doing it.

Fambo Number Mive

Man who ended up in hospital with covid and spoke to BBC News accused of being a "crisis actor" by anti-vaxxers:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-59896688

Quote"How much did the BBC pay you to pretend you had Covid-19?" one message read. Another said: "You're a dirtbag, mate. Karma is real my friend."

There were much worse comments as well - many too explicit to share here.

Wild theories spiralled further out of control as activists trawled through his online accounts. Some discovered his LinkedIn profile, which listed one of his former employers, a company that had secured government contracts providing laptops to schools during the pandemic.

The detail was true, but he was no longer employed by the company - the connection was both tenuous and coincidental...

After the initial wave of abuse tailed off and Dyne was on the road to making a full recovery, he tried to joke about it on his Instagram bio, sarcastically describing himself as a "1x Academy Award Winning Crisis Actor".

"Humour is my way of coping, all you can do is laugh," he explains, "Little did I know this joke would get me in so much trouble."

Round two came after a BBC News Special broadcast on 27 December, called Review 2021: The Coronavirus Pandemic. It included the clip of Dyne's original interview.

Someone posted a video of themselves watching the special, googling Henry Dyne's name, finding his Instagram bio and reading the phrase "crisis actor".

It's unclear who made the original video - but it was quickly reposted in anti-vaccine circles on YouTube and Facebook, before really taking off on Twitter.

One of the main drivers of the Twitter storm was an aspiring Welsh politician, Richard Taylor. He posted the video on Facebook and racked up thousands of reactions with a tweet.

Taylor received 20% of the vote in Blaenau Gwent standing for the Brexit Party in the 2019 General Election. He recently set up a crowdfunding campaign that raised £61,000 for a Swansea cinema closed after breaching Covid regulations.

Taylor's posts read "We see you" along with the video, but when contacted said via email: "In my original post, I was not implying anything... It us up to my social media followers to draw a conclusion from what they see or read.

"It is unfortunate that Mr Dyne decided to reference himself sarcastically in his social media accounts," Taylor wrote, "I have lived believing that when someone tells you who or what they are, believe them, so I would have taken Mr Dyne at face value when he referenced himself as a crisis actor."...

buttgammon

I recently saw one that mentioned 'NHS Psyops'. Aside from the obvious bananafuckery, they don't seem to realise that (unfortunately), the NHS doesn't exist in this country!

As ever, the Irish fash are too small and stupid to think of their own shit so they have to repeat everything they hear from the English and American far-right.

Kankurette

As if the NHS would be capable of such a thing. Anyone who's worked in it knows how disorganised it is.

Ferris

Quote from: buttgammon on January 07, 2022, 09:12:52 AMI recently saw one that mentioned 'NHS Psyops'. Aside from the obvious bananafuckery, they don't seem to realise that (unfortunately), the NHS doesn't exist in this country!

As ever, the Irish fash are too small and stupid to think of their own shit so they have to repeat everything they hear from the English and American far-right.

As if the NHS has the resources or organizational capacity to conduct psyops on the side. Laughable for anyone who's worked in government, or really any large organization.

Quote from: Ferris on January 07, 2022, 03:48:27 PMAs if the NHS has the resources or organizational capacity to conduct psyops on the side. Laughable for anyone who's worked in government, or really any large organization.

Two weeks ago, I had a GP appointment and the receptionist accidentally assigned me to a GP who worked at a completely different practice. There was absolutely nothing in their system to alert or stop this person from making an appointment for practice A with a doctor who works at practice B.

But, sure, these people are running super-effective secret military operations.

Ferris

As a small child I needed 2 bits of major surgery on my leg (all fine now, no issues since I was about 5 etc). Both times, the surgeons marked up the wrong leg for intervention, and if my mum wasn't there to say "errr sure about that lads?" they wouldn't have found out until they hacked me open. Once they accidentally sent me for a kidney function check for no reason.

In fact, both surgeries were performed on Mr [mangled last name] [mangled first name] because at some point someone had flipped my names around (even though that doesn't make any sense) so according to NHS records someone popped into existence, received two lots of pretty major corrective surgery, then disappeared forever. Probably an immigrant or something.

The medical care was excellent and free at point of consumption which is really all that matters and I think the NHS is a towering British achievement, but I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet.

mothman

Quote from: Ferris on January 07, 2022, 03:48:27 PMAs if the NHS has the resources or organizational capacity to conduct psyops on the side. Laughable for anyone who's worked in government, or really any large organization.
And yet MI5 and MI6 apparently manage it, if half of the threads in GB are to be believed.