Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:46:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 21, 2021, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on January 07, 2022, 05:27:23 PMAnd yet MI5 and MI6 apparently manage it, if half of the threads in GB are to be believed.

But that kind of carry-on would be considered a core function for those agencies so you're just wondering where they're doing this stuff, not if they're doing it.

The MI5/MI6 equivalent would be a conspiracy that they're doing appendectomies on the side.

mothman

Zetetic

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 07, 2022, 04:43:45 PMTwo weeks ago, I had a GP appointment ...

But, sure, these people are running super-effective secret military operations.
GP practices are overwhelmingly private businesses, and have strongly resisted actual "NHS" provision of general practice for the most part.

You'd imagine that Psyops would be run by the actual state bits of the NHSs is what I'm suggesting, I guess.

Zetetic

Or in the English NHS, they'd probably commission Deloitte.

Fambo Number Mive

Headline from the Daily Mail

QuoteNHS workers took average of 14 DAYS off sick every year BEFORE Covid struck - as it is revealed staff at 'critical incident' hospital trusts are STILL allowed to take holiday despite being on 'war footing'

It's hardly surprising people working long hours in highly stressful roles than involve working with sick people day in day out would need to take more sick days than the average person.

Also, just because there is a critical incident in a hospital doesn't mean staff should be denied basic rights. Aside from NHS staff being legally and morally entitled to their holidays, not allowing staff to take holidays would leave them even more exhausted and demoralised than they currently are.

In 2020 the Mail called NHS workers heroes. In 2022 the paper is furious that they receive basic employment rights.

Cold Meat Platter

Fambo Number Mive

The BBC have on their front page a link to the story about one study of 52 people that suggests getting a cold may give some covid immunity.

Is it really a good idea to feature a story about one study of 52 people so prominently, given it will make some people think "I've have a cold so I don't need a booster", which is of course incorrect.

Although the story says on paragraph four "Experts say no-one should rely on this defence alone, and vaccines remain key", I still think it's irresponsible how the BBC reported this. They've also opened comments on the story so people can share their ill-informed opinions.

Zetetic

A few days back, I was considering posting something about how Djokovic's quarantine was probably going to be weaponised in the most dreary way by Serb nationalists and the like, but thought better of it, imagining that I was being pessimistic to the point of silliness and possibly prejudiced.

mothman

The Australians were always going to cave in. It's fucking disgraceful.

Kankurette

It sets a precedent. This famous person was allowed in despite not having a jab, so if he can, so can others. Djokovic is a cunt.

mothman

And it's empowered the antivaxxers.

We can never have nice things. It just felt so good when it looked like he was going to be deported. But, nope. You know what'll happen next, don't you? First Ghislaine Maxwell will get a retrial and get off. And then Virginia Giufre-Roberts's case against Prince Andrew will get thrown out.

Pinball

The anti-vaxxer Djokovic also lied about not travelling in the 14 days prior to going to Oz, as he'd actually gone to his mansion in Marbella after Xmas. His visa should now get cancelled, otherwise there is definitely a different set of rules for the rich. It's amazing how someone who travels such a lot and engages in mass sports events with large audiences and others doesn't bother to get vaccinated. How selfish and arrogant of him. Rules don't apply etc.

Kankurette

Djokovic also doesn't believe in surgery, despite being a professional sportsman. He's a fucking idiot.

buttgammon

I desperately want him to be unmasked as a drugs cheat for irony's sake (also because he quite possibly is one).

mothman

And fingers crossed one of his odious family members turns out to be guilty of war crimes during the Bosnian War.

FredNurke

Quote from: buttgammon on January 11, 2022, 07:57:04 PMI desperately want him to be unmasked as a drugs cheat for irony's sake (also because he quite possibly is one).

He's had some 'interesting' things to say on the subject of testing in the past.

buttgammon

Quote from: FredNurke on January 11, 2022, 08:21:36 PMHe's had some 'interesting' things to say on the subject of testing in the past.

It's a suspicion I've had for a while, put it that way.

Dex Sawash

Lady brought car in yesterday, driver door (america) would not open from outside handle. Told her $550 to fix it but definitely covered by a recall, just go to dealer and they do ALL FOUR door latches at no charge.
She says "go ahead and fix it, the dealer will make me wear a mask"

buttgammon

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 12, 2022, 11:25:32 AMLady brought car in yesterday, driver door (america) would not open from outside handle. Told her $550 to fix it but definitely covered by a recall, just go to dealer and they do ALL FOUR door latches at no charge.

She's an idiot but at least you can make a bit of money from her stupidity!

Kankurette

Australia has enough invasive species as it is.

Ferris

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 12, 2022, 11:25:32 AMLady brought car in yesterday, driver door (america) would not open from outside handle. Told her $550 to fix it but definitely covered by a recall, just go to dealer and they do ALL FOUR door latches at no charge.

Lunatic money spends just the same.

$$$

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@ZacGoldsmith
 · 18h
Boris:
A stonking majority
Got Brexit done
Stood up to Covid gloomsters (& general hysteria)
World-leading vaccines that saved countless lives
Economic recovery, jobs, optimism
World champion for nature & climate.
There's a reason the left (&remain/covid fanatics) want him gone

"Covid gloomsters" "hysteria" "fanatics"

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteLord Frost has accused the Government of "Covid theatre", as he called on Boris Johnson to scrap mask mandates and warned that the country will look back on lockdowns as a "serious public policy mistake"

Both lockdowns and mask mandates have their downsides (mask mandates mainly for people who are exempt) but it is not time to scrap mask mandates and there was no alternative but to lockdown in 2020 and 2021. In fact we took too long to lockdown each time.

Kankurette

It's not about Brexit anymore. That ship's long sailed.

As for economic recovery, what about all the businesses destroyed by COVID?

mothman

^ A lot of it masking - or delivering the coup de grace to - businesses destroyed by Brexit.

But no, out lords and masters have spoken - they failed to Believe In Britain to a sufficient degree.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Ferris on January 12, 2022, 01:13:05 PMLunatic money spends just the same.

$$$

Boss was away friday and I had to do the customer-facing role. Lady came to get her car (maskless) and said democrats and republicans were about to go down for child sexual abuse. MY FIRST Q-NUT! She asked if the problem she had happened very often, I told her often enough that they recalled 4 years of production to repair all 4 doors. She didn't seem to hear that.

Ferris

Wonder if there's a secret handshake you could give that means you get a massive tip or something

Fambo Number Mive

Anti-vaxxers becoming more of a security concern:

QuoteCounter-terrorism officials and police are increasingly concerned over the trajectory of the UK's anti-vaxxer movement as it evolves towards violent extremism and the formation of US-style militias.

Boris Johnson is among those receiving direct security updates on individuals prepared to "undermine national health security".

The movement's more extreme elements are recruiting and strategising over the encrypted social media messaging app Telegram, with one UK anti-vaxxer channel asking for "men of integrity" to "fight for our children's future".

Anti-vaxxers have targeted scores of schools and recently stormed a Covid testing site. They were led by Britain's most visible activist, Piers Corbyn, who subsequently urged people to burn down the offices of MPs who backed new restrictions.

Health experts warn that their false claims have had an impact on the vaccination programme, with Chris Whitty, England's chief medical officer, blaming "misinformation" for vaccine hesitancy.

Among the government organisations now mobilised to monitor the anti-vaxx movement are the Home Office's office for security and counter-terrorism (OSCT) and its research, information and communications unit (Ricu) which covers public safety issues, including counter-terrorism...

The AMA is also openly seeking UK veterans, an approach that overlaps with US militia activities. Telegram messages suggest a number of ex-service personnel have already joined. One, referencing a scene from the dystopian film The Matrix, calls himself a "red pilled veteran". Another states: "I'm English. Ex RAF. My mission statement was a 'force for good'. I believed in that."

Another group, Veterans 4 Freedom, and which is understood to have around 200 members, has hosted Telegram conversations referring to a violent insurrection in which vaccination centres are targeted...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/15/concern-for-uk-security-as-anti-vaxxer-groups-evolve-towards-us-style-militias

Perhaps if more had been done to remove anti vax propaganda from public spaces less people would be joining these groups. I realise local councils don't have the funds or personnel to remove anti vax stickers so central government should have helped with this. The tech companies should also have done much more to remove anti vax disinformation on their platforms.

Helvetica Scenario

Quote from: Ferris on January 16, 2022, 03:56:11 AMWonder if there's a secret handshake you could give that means you get a massive tip or something

Just a massive Q-tip, sadly.

Sonny_Jim

Djokovic is out of Australia, had his final appeal denied yesterday so jumped on a plane last night, meaning he won't get to play in the Australian Open this year.

Haha, maybe he shouldn't have spend 2 years going 'Ooh I'm not going to tell people if I'm vaccinated or not'.  Twat.