Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:58:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Books that are basically 'How to be amazing like me by Me'

Started by shoulders, January 26, 2022, 10:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 18, 2022, 06:07:30 PMAhh right, TF is something I've been meaning to try anyway as it happens! Looks like a good starting point. Thanks!

I think the Intelligence (number).0 series are all unlocked, so you can go ham on those, if you can find them.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 18, 2022, 06:04:16 PMThis sort of thing? I've not read it obviously.

That quote from Caitlin Moran... Is she referring to a different David Quantick from the one I'm aware of from off telly and Twitter? Because that guy is not a funny man.

Sebastian Cobb

I imagine the lit agents just pick a name out of one hat and a quote out another and go "can I attribute this one to you"?

Every so often he'll make a trite attempt at poltical observation on humour and will go apeshit at piss-takers going "That's the stuff David! this just proves it was criminal you never got to write for the 8th series of Tv Burp!".

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 18, 2022, 06:04:16 PMThis sort of thing? I've not read it obviously.

Jesus fucking Christ, Quantick and Moran. Worthless.

shoulders

Apologies
Threatening letters
Cheques to people you owe money to
Funeral invitations
Promissory slips
Suicide notes

Sebastian Cobb

only noticed scrolling now but what's going on here?

Has Quanters been trepanned? might explain a lot.

neveragain

The Always Sunny parody of these books is worth a look if you're so inclined.

olliebean

Someone gave me this ages ago:

I quite like Neil Mullarkey so I probably ought to get around to reading it.

Kankurette

Quote from: shoulders on January 26, 2022, 10:46:35 PMThey are all detonation worthy.

'Business For Punks' by James Watt.

Fucking hell.
Isn't that an oxymoron? Like Bacon Recipes for Vegetarians?

Ray Travez

'You're only 29, got a lot to learn. But when the USP of your start-up dies, it will not return'