Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NHS track and trace

Started by katzenjammer, January 31, 2022, 11:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katzenjammer

My partner and I were visiting the UK over the weekend and just got pinged with by NHS track and trace. Neither of us have the app installed so does anyone have any idea how that happened? Thought it might be something to do with us going by plane and having to fill in passenger locator forms, but my sister in law, who we were staying with also got pinged.  I find the whole thing quite spooky to be frank.

Zetetic

Do you mean that you received text messages?

katzenjammer

Text messages and an email with my full name

Cuellar

Someone who tested positive gave your details to the NHS.

paruses

Did you ever have the app installed?
Have you got UK numbers?
Does your SiL have the app?

No idea how any of it works behind the scenes and I've never been pinged but would be interested on theories as to how you got the messages. If you gave numbers on the plane and SiL has the app then the two things might be easily explained and not related.

katzenjammer

Quote from: paruses on January 31, 2022, 04:41:37 PMDid you ever have the app installed?
No
QuoteHave you got UK numbers?
No
QuoteDoes your SiL have the app?
Yes

QuoteNo idea how any of it works behind the scenes and I've never been pinged but would be interested on theories as to how you got the messages. If you gave numbers on the plane and SiL has the app then the two things might be easily explained and not related.

I also thought they might not be related, but it says we were in contact on Saturday whilst our flights were Friday and Sunday. And the three of us were pinged at exactly the same time. Also asked the people we know who were in contact with, all close friends and family, and none of them have tested positive and reported it to the nhs. I can't figure it out.

Dex Sawash

5G nanobots from the vax, obvsly

Cuellar

Quote from: katzenjammer on January 31, 2022, 09:56:29 PMAlso asked the people we know who were in contact with, all close friends and family, and none of them have tested positive and reported it to the nhs

Someone is lying to you.

flotemysost

The surgeon is actually the boy's mother

Did you go to any venues that asked for your contact details while you were here, as in physically writing them down to gain entry? I got texted (not pinged) by Test & Trace in the summer, which I thought was odd as I do have the app, and nobody I'd seen recently had tested positive as far as I knew, so I'm guessing it must have been a shop or pub or something I'd given my details to. AFAIK T&T uses a 24-hour window so it don't even necessarily mean you crossed paths with the infected person, but it's better than nothing obviously.

If not then I dunno.

bgmnts

Come home from booster and wake up from a nap to a text from a number that comes up with absolutely nothing google saying I was close to someone with Omicron lol

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2022, 06:26:40 PMCome home from booster and wake up from a nap to a text from a number that comes up with absolutely nothing google saying I was close to someone with Omicron lol

My boss got pinged when she went for her booster as well, although I think that was via the app.

Paul Calf

Might be a phishing attempt.

bomb_dog

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 03, 2022, 11:42:20 AMMight be a phishing attempt.
Very probably. As any foole knoe, it's 'Test and Trace'.

katzenjammer

So it is! Would have sworn at least one of the now many emails and texts I've received said Track, but no

Crenners

My mum works for T&T on the phones and they're all getting fired imminently. No need for it when the govt needs a quick win (and loads more deaths!) 😂😂😂

flotemysost

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 03, 2022, 11:18:02 AMMy boss got pinged when she went for her booster as well, although I think that was via the app.

My flatmate texted our flat WhatsApp group to say her PCR had come back positive while I was queuing for my booster. Just cutting out the middleman, there.