Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:51:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

16 Handles: Glinner's Age of Descent

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, February 21, 2022, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

good grief the sound design on that. be better if they didn't bother with the squeaking swings

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Vroomo on February 21, 2022, 10:58:43 PMBeen away from the last thread for about 2 weeks - can anyone tell me how the JL outing came about?

Boom:

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 13, 2022, 02:44:50 PM

He's such a doughnut.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 22, 2022, 12:04:35 AM
there's a sneak peek of a film she was in on Youtube that is quite something - she's the one not on the swing
[close]

'I'M DOCTOR SANCHEZ'

dead-ced-dead

there's a sneak peek of a film she was in on Youtube that is quite something - she's the one not on the swing
[close]

I hope she hasn't quit her day job.

Pimhole

Nice one, PBGC.

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on February 21, 2022, 09:04:40 PMWhilst not entirely glinner it is related and I think it's a very long but worthwhile watch for cis people like myself especially. I know we don't usually do content warnings this one needs it as it contains a lot of homophobia and transphobia and discussion of real world violence and suicide

This is great, thanks for linking. And talk about a deep dive. I mean, holy shit (CN: suicide, parental neglect)

Spoiler alert
[close]

Definitely a cult. And all the tactics talked about on these threads before: lovebombing, outgrouping, 'approved' reading etc. Parker and Bilek loom large.

One thing that got a brief mention but stands out most for me in GC recruitment tactics, they do like to share stories of past trauma, e.g. "a girl at my school was raped in a public toilet" or "a man flashed me in a park when I was 12" and then somehow link this to how the Trans Menace Must Be Resisted. I mean, there is no link. It's got fuck all to do with trans women. The stories are all about cis men being awful, they never involve a trans person. And yet they share these anecdotes as a way of stirring up fear and anger in each other and identifying as an oppressed group. Just like JKR did in her essay. What tf has her previous domestic abuse got to do with trans women? Fuck all, and yet to mention it is "not transphobic" somehow.

I've said it before, but it's very handy for cis men that this anti trans movement came along right around the time of the Me Too movement. Take all that frankly justified fear and anger, ladies, and target it at... those people over there. Not us. Them. Here, I'll join in. No, you're doing it wrong... let me just... no, actually, take a seat and let me do it properly. And pay me for the privilege.

sophie.pilbeam

[close]

WOMANKIND ILL NEEDS A SAVIOR SUCH AS YOU

Sonny_Jim

Just been skim reading his latest 'begging letter' (ie the thing he pinned to the top on the 19th), so apologies if this has already been covered:

Quote from: Gary 'Give Me Your Pension' GlinnerA lot of hard work, time and effort goes into producing this site. It's difficult to keep up, but we try to report on every fresh assault on women's rights while these stories continue to be ignored by media organisations captured by gender ideology.
Yeah, really hard work.  The hardest thing he has to do all week is buy a new keyboard from Amazon because the ctrl, c and v keys keep on breaking.  also cum from his 'researching'

This is my favourite part though (emphasis mine)
QuoteAttempts to shut us down and intimidate us into silence have been fierce. I routinely ignore the front doorbell because I now assume it's the police, on an errand from Stephanie Hayden or any of the other sadistic bullies who use the captured, misogynist police force to enforce Stonewall Law. But I'll never bow to these bullies.
Haha fuck you Glinner.  Too scared to answer the fucking door, sat in your pants frantically trying to find more stuff to make others feel bad because you refused to admit you were wrong about something, 5(?) years ago.

Also, wasn't someone trying to serve him papers? There's so much going on!

EDIT:  Classic 'oh and another thing' here:

Glebe

QuoteI routinely ignore the front doorbell because I now assume it's a man in a dress.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I love that Glinner thinks the police have nothing better to do than come around to his house to "enforce Stonewall law". Imagine how privileged you'd have to be to believe that the police are controlled by crazy gender ideologues. THE POLICE.

gilbertharding

This is Glinner adjacent, rather than Glinner specific, but there was an interview in the Telegraph with Dylan Moran (who wrote all of Black Books on his own with no help) in which they tried to get him to join the culture war on their side, and mentioned our Graham.

Someone tweeted about it: thusly

Someone replied: Interesting stance on freedom of expression from the man who rounded up a posse responsible for the most violent and terrifying night of my life, and I grew up in Belfast through the Troubles. Maybe he's changed. Oddly, I don't feel inclined to delve all that deeply.

That person was called Ian Shuttleworth. People were puzzled, until someone else linked to a thread on here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=28297.0https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=28297.0

Funny stuff, eh?

phes

The thing about the doorbell is that he's probably right. Nobody else comes to his door

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on February 22, 2022, 09:35:01 AM. I routinely ignore the front doorbell

Guess that's a good explanation why he forgot his kid.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 22, 2022, 09:45:42 AMThis is Glinner adjacent, rather than Glinner specific, but there was an interview in the Telegraph with Dylan Moran (who wrote all of Black Books on his own with no help) in which they tried to get him to join the culture war on their side, and mentioned our Graham.

Someone tweeted about it: thusly

Someone replied: Interesting stance on freedom of expression from the man who rounded up a posse responsible for the most violent and terrifying night of my life, and I grew up in Belfast through the Troubles. Maybe he's changed. Oddly, I don't feel inclined to delve all that deeply.

That person was called Ian Shuttleworth. People were puzzled, until someone else linked to a thread on here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=28297.0https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=28297.0

Funny stuff, eh?

For the dumb and uninitiated, would you mind explaining this as if I were a baby, because even with those links I have no idea what's going on.

bgmnts

Does Glinner adjacent material and events get added into the annals?

Old Nehamkin

Probably very well-trod ground at this point, but it is incredibly funny for your main gripe against the police force in 2022 being that they have been captured by the trans rights lobby.

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on February 21, 2022, 09:04:40 PMWhilst not entirely glinner it is related and I think it's a very long but worthwhile watch for cis people like myself especially. I know we don't usually do content warnings this one needs it as it contains a lot of homophobia and transphobia and discussion of real world violence and suicide

The Plantain Prince is mentioned directly by name at least once (don't ask me for the timestamp though because I don't recall it.)

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 21, 2022, 02:35:51 PMBack to Graham's current career

The link for "homophobic insult" goes to this
https://twitter.com/ripx4nutmeg/status/1494352783402745860

Which I assume is a mistake on Graham's part as it seems irrelevant. But a lot of more elderly readers might assume this sex assaulter is the person St Magdalene was QTing. Brilliant journalisming Graham

And this is from the last thread yeah but it just needs highlighting again I feel. Man's totally lost it if he thinks the tweet quoted in his Saint Mag's tweet is even close to a homophobic, insult. And if you look at all the accounts tagged you'll see she's tagged in it, indicating that famous screencap isn't even the only time she's said that.

And quite frankly that's not just offensive to trans people, it also comes off as really racist. Considering the fact there's black trans people, who are already routinely ignored, discriminated against, and put upon for being black as well as trans, including even other black people and other trans people. Especially considering Bern's antisemitism, since that often correlates with other kinds of racism.

Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on February 22, 2022, 10:03:39 AMAnd quite frankly that's not just offensive to trans people, it also comes off as really racist. Considering the fact there's black trans people

Bit of an insult to Laverne Cox.

Also, from Conrad's video

Quote from: bgmnts on February 22, 2022, 09:57:18 AMDoes Glinner adjacent material and events get added into the annals?
If by "the annals" you mean the list of Graham's nonsense, no. You'd be scrolling for screens and screens if that were the case.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 22, 2022, 10:24:10 AMIf by "the annals" you mean the list of Graham's nonsense, no. You'd be scrolling for screens and screens if that were the case.
Also I don't think we should get into keeping a list of all the people who've turned on Graham, even if they're transphobes who don't think he's transphobic enough.

Dr Rock

Magdelen Burns who had a 'boy's' haircut, and from what I can tell, always wore 'boys' clothes, and made no effort not to be be mistaken for a man, like wearing make-up. One right for her, I guess.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Any update on YKright, i read her gettr but can't really make heads or tails of it. Is she still after Morty?

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on February 22, 2022, 10:03:39 AMAnd this is from the last thread yeah but it just needs highlighting again I feel. Man's totally lost it if he thinks the tweet quoted in his Saint Mag's tweet is even close to a homophobic, insult.

As detached from reality as he is, I don't think he does. He treats misogyny, homophobia, rape culture, AIDS and everything else as rhetorical ploys used to win arguments. He doesn't give a shit. I know he's radicalised beyond all hope, but he's also deeply cynical and manipulative, if too inept to make it work.

JaDanketies

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on February 22, 2022, 09:56:12 AMFor the dumb and uninitiated, would you mind explaining this as if I were a baby, because even with those links I have no idea what's going on.

Dylan Moran refused to condemn cancel culture, even when Linehan's name was invoked. Some critic said, "fuck Dylan Moran anyway, he once orchestrated the scariest night of my life, it was as bad as The Troubles." The 'scariest night of his life' was captured by Jon Ronson in a documentary, and is when the critic got his Fringe show promoted beyond its merits due to nepotism, leading to it eventually being booed by an audience that included Dylan Moran.

gilbertharding

Quote from: JaDanketies on February 22, 2022, 10:46:57 AMDylan Moran refused to condemn cancel culture, even when Linehan's name was invoked. Some critic said, "fuck Dylan Moran anyway, he once orchestrated the scariest night of my life, it was as bad as The Troubles." The 'scariest night of his life' was captured by Jon Ronson in a documentary, and is when the critic got his Fringe show promoted beyond its merits due to nepotism, leading to it eventually being booed by an audience that included Dylan Moran.

Thanks - I was going to have a go at summarising, but you did a better job than I could have.

Although the reason I posted it here was because of the strangeness of seeing a link to here posted on twitter though (a 10 year old thread linking to the documentary in question).

That Ian Shuttleworth bloke doesn't seem like an entirely bad egg in other respects though. Reading his other tweets it's safe to say he didn't join the conversation in a pro-Glinner capacity. He's just comically sensitive about Dylan Moran.

Kankurette

Yes, being booed by an audience at a show is exactly the same as the British Army shooting the shit out of Catholics. WTF.

phantom_power

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 22, 2022, 11:10:59 AMThanks - I was going to have a go at summarising, but you did a better job than I could have.

Although the reason I posted it here was because of the strangeness of seeing a link to here posted on twitter though (a 10 year old thread linking to the documentary in question).

That Ian Shuttleworth bloke doesn't seem like an entirely bad egg in other respects though. Reading his other tweets it's safe to say he didn't join the conversation in a pro-Glinner capacity. He's just comically sensitive about Dylan Moran.

He comes across as a massive prick in that documentary

The Bumlord

Quote from: Kankurette on February 22, 2022, 11:13:28 AMYes, being booed by an audience at a show is exactly the same as the British Army shooting the shit out of Catholics. WTF.

His stance appears to be 'you aren't me and weren't there so no arguments'

shoulders

To be fair I do now remember the name Aiden Comerford.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: phantom_power on February 22, 2022, 11:15:12 AMHe comes across as a massive prick in that documentary

Yeah but he's like that in everything. His voice gets my back right up, I honestly don't know who keeps commissioning documentaries from him, let alone all his books.

Quote from: mtpromises on February 22, 2022, 01:44:00 AMThe article that revived the Ted talk was published the day before BC's "Gender Critical Comming Out Day".  It was clearly BC giving a lazy DM reporter a story trying to create buzz.

Before this he'd pretty much dropped it years ago.  You hav to go back to podcasts he did between 2017-2019 to hear about.

This is from the end of the last thread, I just wanted to point out that the lazy DM reporter in question had previously had some of their work cut and pasted on to the SGB, so it was probably even less of a coincidence than you imagine. Which is to say no coincidence at all.