Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,798
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

" Killing Eve" Series 4 Now Available On IPlayer.

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 28, 2022, 07:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Starts getting shown on normal telly from March 5th, I believe, although I heard an alarming rumour that it had been relegated to BBC 3.
Anyways, I hope everyone's limbering up to make a rea lhumdinger of a KE thread. Sadly the last series of this show ever, so we should give it a right good sending off.

lipsink

I'll be honest, I gave up half way through Series 2. Was Series 3 any good? Feels a bit like the show had its moment with Series 1.

olliebean

I struggled through series 2. Only got around to series 3 fairly recently because I saw series 4 was coming up, but gave up after 2 episodes. Read a review/synopsis of S4E1, and didn't see anything that made me want to watch it. In fact some aspects that the review was raving about sounded a bit tiresome.

Still think series 1 was great, though. In common with many things, it's something that ought to have been conceived and told as a one-off, one series story, I reckon.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Series 3 had exciting storylines involving Eve's former boss coming to terms with her emotionally stagnant relationship with Her Out Of Upstart Crow as her daughter, and Steve Pemberton being given not much to do as Eve's Former Boss's replacement. I struggle to defend it tbh, but it did have it's moments.Hopefully, they'll have upped the ante for the final series, although the main selling point around what's happened to Villanelle ( played by Her Who Plays Villanelle) sounds like a very unlikely turn of events, really. It would be nice if enough people watched it and contributed to this thread to give the whole shebang a good send off, though.

Dr Rock

I'll be watching fella, this is great news in my house. Where I live.

mjwilson

Watched the first episode and it is much the same as seasons 2 and 3: generally fun when the two leads are on screen but otherwise not really doing anything interesting.

Also, 
Spoiler alert
stop trying to make the Twelve happen
[close]

Alberon

I think changing showrunners each series has killed this. The magic of the first series has all but seeped out by now. The ending of the last series was the first one where I didn't really care what happened next.

Still, might as well see it to the end now.

chip

Dex Sawash

JesusAndYourBush

Is it still ok to find Villanelle's Russian accent sexy? (Assuming she does that accent in this series?)

Alberon

Oh yeah, she's Russian.

CANCEL THE SERIES IMMEDIATELY!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 02, 2022, 02:36:40 PMIs it still ok to find Villanelle's Russian accent sexy? (Assuming she does that accent in this series?)

Could be redubbed into her equally as sexy Scouse accent? Wouldn't make much sense, but the series is not exactly renowned for being grounded in reality ( Her Who Plays Villanelle's renowned for being fit as fuck, though).

KennyMonster

Quote from: Dr Rock on February 28, 2022, 09:08:44 AMI'll be watching fella, this is great news in my house. Where I live.

Oooooh La Di Da!

"I live in a house" gloat gloat.

Some of us only have a cardboard box in a layby on the M1 to live in AND ARE GLAD OF IT!

Dex Sawash

I had already forgotten that I watched the first one until I saw my post up there.

Spoiler alert
must wank raw-er in future
[close]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Hey, isn't this being shown on proper BBC Telly of a Saturday Eve now? Where's the " Killing Eve Series 4" Thread? Don't nobody care at all?

greencalx

Well, more generally the boxsetification of TV series makes discussing them online more complicated, as there'll be some who binge things as soon as they're available, others (like me) who prefer to watch at broadcast pace and yet others (also me) who tend to be 2-3 years off-trend and only start watching stuff once everyone else is thoroughly bored with them. I've sometimes considered starting threads on shows we're watching, but declined on the basis that it's unlikely anyone else will be watching them at the same time.

Anyway, we've started with KE now. Agree it's a load of bobbins, but still passes the time on a Saturday night.