Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,356
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Edinburgh Fringe 2022

Started by JCR, March 03, 2022, 02:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

DrGreggles

No More Jockeys announced!

And sold out in minutes.

CaledonianGonzo

Just spotted that Dr Brown is doing a run of WIP at the Underbelly in the final week.

DrGreggles

Bums, just after I fuck off.

WestHill

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on July 28, 2022, 09:53:39 AMJust spotted that Dr Brown is doing a run of WIP at the Underbelly in the final week.

Thanks!  Booked!

Timothy

Not sure if already posted but if you subscribe to the Scotsman newsletter you can book up to 16 free tickets for participating shows at Summerhall, Zoo, Dance Base, Pleasance, Underbelly, Assembly, Just the Tonic and Gilded Balloon. You can do this for shows between the 3th of August and the 10th of August. Big shows like Police Cops are available to book for free that way.

You can subscribe to the newsletter and get the code until 31 July.

https://www.scotsman.com/subscriptions/summer-sale

buntyman

I see Jerry Sadowitz is doing a couple of dates, not when I'm around though unfortunately

DrGreggles

No kid's magic show unfortunately.

kitsofan34

Quote from: Timothy on July 28, 2022, 12:44:21 PMNot sure if already posted but if you subscribe to the Scotsman newsletter you can book up to 16 free tickets for participating shows at Summerhall, Zoo, Dance Base, Pleasance, Underbelly, Assembly, Just the Tonic and Gilded Balloon. You can do this for shows between the 3th of August and the 10th of August. Big shows like Police Cops are available to book for free that way.

Argh that looks like such a good deal, Timothy! I've already bought tickets for a lot of those shows as well but the Fringe doesn't seem to offer refunds. A shame.

ProvanFan

I'm not finding the free tickets available for that many shows. You need click through as if booking then select a particular date to find out, unless there's a list or a filter I'm missing. It took me a while to find an example for this post:

It ain't there for Police Cops, for example. Not on the dates I checked anyway. Although I've just realised I can still get tickets for a fiver during the first week for that one (as can anyone with an EH, KY, G or FK postcode and that offer does have a handy list).

Timothy

If its unavailable at the dates you selected then all free tickets for those dates have been claimed. Seems all weekend tickets for Police Cops have been claimed.
4, 5, 8,9 and 10 August still have option to select Scotsman tickets.

The Scotsman has a list with all participating shows here: https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/edinburgh-festivals/edinburgh-fringe-ticket-giveaway-a-list-of-all-the-free-shows-3786045

ProvanFan

edwardfog

There's a one-off Jain Edwards Show on the 10th. Gutted to be missing that by a single day :(

Crabwalk

Quote from: Timothy on July 28, 2022, 12:44:21 PMNot sure if already posted but if you subscribe to the Scotsman newsletter you can book up to 16 free tickets for participating shows at Summerhall, Zoo, Dance Base, Pleasance, Underbelly, Assembly, Just the Tonic and Gilded Balloon. You can do this for shows between the 3th of August and the 10th of August. Big shows like Police Cops are available to book for free that way.

Thanks so much for this, bagged free tickets for Police Cops this friday. Am just seeing what else I can cram in during the first week.

Crabwalk

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 27, 2022, 08:24:13 AMSounds good

Would any particular day suit you best with your mad schedule?

DrGreggles

I always keep a few slots open for drinking late show announcements.

Monday 15th/Friday 19th have such gaps in the early evening.

neveragain

I recommend a female sketch group from the north-east called Your Aunt Fanny. Some really talented performers with very funny material. Their show is called Muff Said.
https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/your-aunt-fanny-muff-said

Crabwalk

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 30, 2022, 11:41:28 AMI always keep a few slots open for drinking late show announcements.

Monday 15th/Friday 19th have such gaps in the early evening.

15th would be perfect for me. Good for you, greencalx, and anyone else that fancies it?

Are you booked in for anything at all that evening, Greggles?

DrGreggles

After 6:30 I've got Tim Key at 8:45, then Sam Campbell at midnight.
Plenty of drinking opportunity pre and post Key, somewhere in/around Bristo Square perhaps?

Crabwalk

Sounds good. We could try and get Key tickets then and meet beforehand for a drink?

DrGreggles

privatefriend

Anyone have anything down for the first week during the afternoon? Most stuff that looks good to me is late at night or later in the month.

greencalx

Tim Key: Mulberry is at 8.30 on the 15th according to edfringe (not 8.45). Either way, the timing works for me as I'll probably be in the middle of marking some exams and in need of some light relief.

I'll get a ticket now. Also I'd suggest Bristo Sq itself for pre-drinks, unless wet, in which case in the village hall.

WestHill

Is that a reviewer with him?

Steve Bennett?

CaledonianGonzo

Crabwalk

Quote from: privatefriend on July 31, 2022, 04:02:12 PMAnyone have anything down for the first week during the afternoon? Most stuff that looks good to me is late at night or later in the month.

Marcel Lucont's Chat Show is at 6.30 and Chris Gethard is 6pm. Those are the earliest things that I know about and will likely attend at some point.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: JCR on August 01, 2022, 02:21:57 PMDoes anyone know the meaning of the Sam Campbell poster?

This one: https://twitter.com/bentarget/status/1554086045817389059?s=21&t=v6hTaF7DywJgw07whs-gIA

Just twigged that it's on an actual billboard. That's admittedly pretty funny.

Pie Pie Eater

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 22, 2022, 10:57:30 PMJust back from seeing the NZ improv sketch group Snort (featuring among others Rose Matafeo, Alice Sneddon, Steen Raskopoulos, Laura Daniels, Tom Walker and Joseph Moore, and it's hands down the best improv I've ever seen, so if anyone gets the chance to see them I'd highly recommend it, I know the nature of improv means each show will be different but I'd give what I saw tonight a very rare 5/5.

Oh, and Laura Daniels and Joseph Moore's show Two Hearts was superb too, it's musical comedy so might not be for everyone, but if you're fond of the genre I think this right up there with the best of it, and would rate it 4.75/5

Ooh nice, I am going to Two Hearts and Snort on Sun 7th. I've got a free week (as in child free) from 6th - 13th so squeezing almost everything in then, though I've got a few things dotted about that are only happening later on in the month (Dr Brown / Sam Campbell)

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on July 21, 2022, 02:20:07 PMNot a new issue- and it'll hopefully settle down a bit once reviews start appearing - but really struggling this year to single out decent options in the late afternoon / early evening.  8 till 10pm is clash city but got lots of downtime in my (current) schedule.

Yeah, definitely having this problem too, and with the aforementioned limited number of days. Though this is very much compared to 'usual' years where as an Edinburgh resident I've had the whole run to squeeze things in, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

sevendaughters

no disrespect to the hardworking comedy fans of this forum who aren't machotrouts but where is machotrouts?