Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:52:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

" Killing Eve" Backlash

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, March 11, 2022, 07:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 05, 2022, 01:06:35 AMI still have an episode to watch

The very last one? Feel free to report back on your feelings on the denoument.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mjwilson on August 02, 2022, 04:58:10 PMIncredible, try and catch it if it's still on at a cinema near you and if you don't mind a lot of trigger warnings on your plays.

(Prima Facie that is)

I have now seen this play. For some reason, HWUTPV's accent almost seemed Birminghamish at times, despite the fact she was supposed to be using her natural lovely Scouse accent ( which she used more broadly in the recent " Help"), but this ( along with the slightly lecturing tone the dialogue takes towards the end on what is, tbf, a very serious subject) is a minor quibble. Absolutely brilliant performance from yer woman ( gosh, all those lines she had to remember!), who even manages to get a few laughs from the audience in the first half. Good soundtrack ( by that Self Esteem lady), too. 9/10, would watch again and not make any inappropriate struck through comment about how jolly attractive HWUTPV is.

Ok,Cheers.

mjwilson

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 15, 2022, 08:16:06 AMI have now seen this play. For some reason, HWUTPV's accent almost seemed Birminghamish at times, despite the fact she was supposed to be using her natural lovely Scouse accent ( which she used more broadly in the recent " Help"), but this ( along with the slightly lecturing tone the dialogue takes towards the end on what is, tbf, a very serious subject) is a minor quibble. Absolutely brilliant performance from yer woman ( gosh, all those lines she had to remember!), who even manages to get a few laughs from the audience in the first half. Good soundtrack ( by that Self Esteem lady), too. 9/10, would watch again and not make any inappropriate struck through comment about how jolly attractive HWUTPV is.

I thought she was using her real accent when she was talking to her family, but then softening it to something slightly closer to RP in situations where that would be considered more acceptable.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 05, 2022, 08:33:40 AMThe very last one? Feel free to report back on your feelings on the denoument.

Meh

I just got bored with the mutual obsession between the two characters. It's basically Michael Mann's Heat. If Michael Mann wrote more opinion pieces for The Guardian.

mjwilson

Her who used to play Villanelle and now has an Olivier Award

Alberon

Was it for not making any more Killing Eve?

Memorex MP3

What happened the guy that started this thread? He used to be always posting threads here

pigamus

Her Who Plays Villanelle must have got the lawyers in

Captain Z

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on April 02, 2023, 10:39:28 PMWhat happened the guy that started this thread? He used to be always posting threads here

Perhaps he read some of them.

dontpaintyourteeth

I think he flounced, but in a gradual fashion

Dr Rock

Hurm. There's at least two of the old crew also missing. What if someone's picking off Cabbers?

'Answer is simple. Great detective Rorschach is in town, ask him.'

'But doctor, I am Rorschach'

Memorex MP3

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 03, 2023, 03:08:24 AMHurm. There's at least two of the old crew also missing. What if someone's picking off Cabbers?
Who are the other two?

Bennett Brauer

Alberon

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 03, 2023, 03:08:24 AMHurm. There's at least two of the old crew also missing. What if someone's picking off Cabbers?

That's nonsense! I have-- wait there's someone at the door.

"You! But how?"

BANG

Argg! Thud