Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How best to monetize a YouTube video?

Started by Norton Canes, March 23, 2022, 11:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Say I had a video I thought would get ~1000+ views on YouTube, what would be the best way to generate some revenue from it? I don't have other videos to upload (I haven't even set up a channel yet), I don't want to build a brand or become an influencer or anything (I'm not in the video), I've just got this one thing that a lot of people might want to watch and it would be nice to get some earnings. Set up ads?

Zetetic

1000 views might get you 5 USD apparently.

If it's particularly niche audience, maybe you could arrange an actual sponsor??

Memorex MP3

I dunno if it still works like this but years ago I think Google used to withhold the income on places using adsense until it hit some threshold, so it wasn't possible to make super small amounts. Might be different if it's directly via one of their websites.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on March 23, 2022, 12:03:38 PMI dunno if it still works like this but years ago I think Google used to withhold the income on places using adsense until it hit some threshold, so it wasn't possible to make super small amounts. Might be different if it's directly via one of their websites.

This was a good few years ago, but yes. They ran adverts on here for a month or so, then they said "actually we don't want you, fuck off", but kept the money generated from the adverts.