Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Jam sketch with Noel Fielding/Richard Ayoade

Started by hiddenmantra, March 23, 2022, 07:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiddenmantra

Hey - so does anyone have a link to this new sketch?  I can't find one.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/dec/04/chris-morris-radio-comedies-blue-jam-on-the-hour

I really rate Blue Jam higher than Brass Eye, but two totally different animals. Would love to hear that new sketch though. Any news of a new Blue Jam?

McChesney Duntz

It never aired - my understanding was that Morris pulled it at the last minute and it remains unheard to this day. One of a few mythic examples of unaired Morris material - a piece about a lighthouse keeper being tormented by fish and birds co-written with Quantick and Wells comes to mind as well.

BJBMK2

There's an oblique reference to this unaired recording in Neil "creepy PUA man" Strauss's book, How I Met Loads Of Celebs And Why I Am Great, I think that was the title, I'm probably right.

The only revelation gleaned is that Noel Fielding was pissed and drugged up the night before they recorded it. Which I mean, what a revelation.