Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wheesht 17: Alt-right, Alt-right, Glinner's Nearly Alt-Right (Deep Deep Down)

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 28, 2022, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

My mum was listening to LBC this morning and we got talking about Women's Hour and its descent into bananery. She said she never listens to it anymore because it's no longer relevant. It's sad cos it used to be interesting sometimes but now it's trans this and trans that.
Quote from: retsuza on March 28, 2022, 12:02:20 PM

Where's the punchline?

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Ex_GC on March 28, 2022, 12:18:47 PMI think it's more a case of her being so universally loved in the GC movement that he wouldn't dare. It would be like going after the most popular head bully in the class. So in typical bully fashion he goes after the ones he's unlikely to get pushback or have others going to bat for- e.g Helen Lewis or Dr Stock

That being said he did try to criticise Posie Parker lately and that didn't go well so he backtracked

That's true, there's probably an element of that, and there's that he clearly is still a big fan of hers.

Given how she's rapidly going bananas herself though, I wonder how long it will be before his raging narcissism takes over and he just blurts something out about how unfair it is that he's "lost everything" and she's saying the same things as him without suffering similar consequences.

Ex_GC

Quote from: phes on March 28, 2022, 11:16:37 AM

It doesn't even make sense: 'Transwomen'

This is where he is now. From detoxifying the debate to you need to be beaten for your views

This really sums up GC brain worms. An astonishing event like that happens and the thought process is 'better get in there early to make a meme about trans people's. Brain rot

Ex_GC

Quote from: FalknerHinton on March 28, 2022, 12:29:27 PMThat's true, there's probably an element of that, and there's that he clearly is still a big fan of hers.

Given how she's rapidly going bananas herself though, I wonder how long it will be before his raging narcissism takes over and he just blurts something out about how unfair it is that he's "lost everything" and she's saying the same things as him without suffering similar consequences.

Oh it'll happen, just a matter of when. There's already a sense of him feeling he's 'owed' something by 'losing so much for this fight'. His House of Lords speech was all about that, just as one example

He must look at someone like Posie Parker who despite being banned on so many different platforms is still the far more successful of the two, both in viewing figures and GC grifting. Despite the fact that she hops on a transatlantic flight to shout at trans women she still appears to be happily married. His bitterness is only going to grow and keep manifesting itself

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on March 28, 2022, 12:44:25 PMYou might be thinking charitably, as I was, that this was just the way Twitter had algorithmically cropped the picture, so I went to the tweet and, nope, that's entirely deliberate:

https://twitter.com/sophielouisecc/status/1507791435390726154?s=21&t=yT6Nuh9-Rv-XbTWjA-JFeg

But also it meant I got to see, in the replies, this other photo from the same pub:

Have you seen her on GB News or the like? Imagine a female Andrew Lawrance doing another right-wing character.

Gusty OWindflap

Great thread title PGC. My favourite so far.

Quote from: Fisher Goes Berserk on March 28, 2022, 10:24:29 AMEverybody in the pedal bin
Everybody in the pedal bin
One Sian, one Glin
Everybody in the pedal bin

Everybody in the pedal bin, let's go

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Don't these people get tired of being outraged all the time? I mean, i love hate-watching sometimes (i'm here, aren't i) but this has to take a very very big mental toll on you.

Gusty OWindflap

Yes, I kind of think BC and Rowling et al are documenting their own descent in real time through new mediums anyway. It's really fascinating to watch older liberals become right wing in this way, like you can freeze frame the changes.
raplh_heart_breaks.gif

There was a link the other day to a read along of Ben Elton's new book which demonstrates this process and it was tremendous fun. I would be so embarrassed if I was Ben Elton (not just in general, but for this book specifically). It's so bad. And one of the best things about it is that I don't think these boomers even know why it's all so bad.
barney_hook_it_to_my_veins.gif

Ex_GC

https://twitter.com/HumanGayMale/status/1508047094141100037?t=8H1xCq1XGYpM7C_JjhgfTw&s=19

This man is an associate of GL, he was one of the co organisers behind 'GC coming out day'

He was at Speakers Corner and left because of an extremely transphobic incident and is being piled on by GCs. You'd think at this point you would start to question the movement you're in

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: damien on March 28, 2022, 02:25:18 PM'LG News' going pop is a nice thing. Seems they couldn't resist taking a couple of swipes at LGB Alliance on their way out the door.

https://lesbianandgaynews.com/2022/03/announcement-from-the-lgn-management-team-lesbian-and-gay-news-is-closing/

Quoteno way we were going to be able to flourish unless LGB Alliance kept us in the loop, continued to actively promote us, and regularly provided us with information and material to publish relating to their activities and planned activities. As time progressed, it became clear that we were overwhelmingly being kept at arm's length – notwithstanding some tokenistic gestures that fell far short of what we needed.

Seriously, how much support were the expecting from an organisation that is pretty much just a twitter account?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Interesting Twitter thread about Glinner's fake crying from someone who used to correspond with him right around the time he started going bananas:

https://twitter.com/SecretGamerGrrl/status/1507111542843756544

wrec

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on March 28, 2022, 02:34:54 PM
Quoteno way we were going to be able to flourish unless LGB Alliance kept us in the loop, continued to actively promote us, and regularly provided us with information and material to publish relating to their activities and planned activities. As time progressed, it became clear that we were overwhelmingly being kept at arm's length – notwithstanding some tokenistic gestures that fell far short of what we needed.

So their whole purpose was LGBA propaganda, and without that they had nothing to report, e.g. issues relevant to the LGBT+ community. Then again doing so while studiously avoiding anyone or anything non-transphobic must be difficult.

Wonder if they fell out of favour for some reason, or was it just that nobody could be bothered to take time out from hate speech and rallies to send a few emails.

mjwilson

Quote from: Alberon on March 28, 2022, 08:49:51 AMJK Rowling posts and retweets all sorts of mentalist GC crap but when it comes to Linehan himself she stays silent.

It must make his piss boil.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Ex_GC on March 28, 2022, 02:33:34 PMhttps://twitter.com/HumanGayMale/status/1508047094141100037?t=8H1xCq1XGYpM7C_JjhgfTw&s=19

This man is an associate of GL, he was one of the co organisers behind 'GC coming out day'

He was at Speakers Corner and left because of an extremely transphobic incident and is being piled on by GCs. You'd think at this point you would start to question the movement you're in

Oh, i love JKJ's Speaker Corners, it's like watching Alan Partridge.

retsuza

Is it normal for a Speakers Corner to be held in the middle of a park. Not really any corners.

Quote from: retsuza on March 28, 2022, 03:29:04 PMIs it normal for a Speakers Corner to be held in the middle of a park. Not really any corners.

I think it's hosted at the "talking tree" (or something), not sure why - maybe you don't need permission?

jobotic

Presumably the enormous supportive crowds are behind the person filming?

They all have that permanent smug smirk all the time don't they?

Pimhole

We've had to close our GC newspaper because there wasn't any news there's just SO MUCH going on!

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 28, 2022, 03:07:56 PMInteresting Twitter thread about Glinner's fake crying from someone who used to correspond with him right around the time he started going bananas:

https://twitter.com/SecretGamerGrrl/status/1507111542843756544

I don't think the tears were fake - he really does feel that sorry for himself.

Seriously, have you ever seen one of his cameos? The man can't act.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Didn't realise the new one had gone live. Was hanging alone in 16 like a right Graham.

Ex_GC

I'm not surprised that GC people couldn't afford the subscription to lesbian and gay news what with all the money they spend on the almost daily GC crowdfunders, stickers, dinosaur costumes, adult human female merch and so on

BennyHedgehog

JamesTC

Was watching the new animated movie The Bad Guys the other day, and I couldn't help but think about how angry Glinner would be if he were watching it. The Adult Female Tarantula was sent to a jail which was not split based on gender.

Just was amusing myself with the idea of Glinner standing up and shouting "groomer" at the screen before loudly declaring that he made Richard Ayoade (who plays a guinea pig).

Barry Admin

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on March 28, 2022, 04:06:59 PMHere it is. CW hateful idiots so I won't embed the video

https://youtu.be/MdiX7A5AR7c?t=1022

Holy shit, can't believe they actually uploaded this.

That's one of the most fucked up cringey stupid things I've ever seen.

Ex_GC

Sorry but WTF is he going on about here? What's the issue with Owen Jones asking for opinions? Surely there's no shame in admitting you don't know enough about a subject and asking others for guidance

And it's also a bit rich coming from him as he has put many posts on Substack asking for opinions/ tweets/ examples/ how to word something. And he's also the one who copies and pastes the words of others and then charges his subscribers for the privilege

He is such a petulant child

https://gettr.com/post/p12chgn6602

Quote from: Ex_GC on March 28, 2022, 04:28:29 PMSorry but WTF is he going on about here? What's the issue with Owen Jones asking for opinions?

Yeah, I don't get the outrage, just sparking a conversation.