Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:19:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Money/energy saving efforts via technology

Started by Memorex MP3, March 31, 2022, 01:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memorex MP3

So I've just gotten a Pi 400 with the idea that it will be my default device, I currently use a decent specced desktop but I reckon less than 5% of the time I am using it I actually need to be using something as powerful and that's not even counting the several hours a day I leave it on out of pure convenience. Even beyond the potential power savings it's probably good to get into the habit of using the more powerful machine for the things I got it for rather than shit like browsing the cook'd and bomb'd forums.

Would've preferred an 8GB Pi but given the combo of their unavailability and all the extra shit you've to consider regarding overheating and all I figured the Pi 400 with that stuff dealt with was worth a punt. If it fails to be that useful I'm probably still going to use it as a basic plex server or something similar.

But yeah, uhm, has anyone bought or modified anything to improve their energy consumption? How's it going? Got any things you're surprised more people don't do?