Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:46:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Music player for Mac…

Started by Lordofthefiles, April 08, 2022, 02:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordofthefiles

Just got a new iMac after my last one went pop.

I've tried loading up my large library to "Apple Music" and every time I do, then turn it off, the entire lot gets wiped clean (apparently a lot of people suffer from this and Apple don't give a fuck).

To this point I've used iTunes which suited me fine (as would Apple Music if the bastad didn't have this glitch).

What players do other people use/recommend?

My collection is about 4tb and I like to have the whole thing loaded up and create playlist from it (like in iTunes).

I've tried Vox but it's interface and filing don't suit the way I listen to music.

I downloaded Cog as it looks the most similar to iTunes, but it crashes as soon as I attempt to upload my library.

All help and recommendations appreciated, cheers.

Dr Rock

See if you can get an old version of iTunes running? I use 10.6, love it. It got shit after that.

Famous Mortimer

I paid a tenner for Swinsian and it was fucking great - if I had a Mac, I'd go back to it in a second. Also, the dev responded to my tech support requests in minutes, and didn't even insult me for not reading about the problem in the FAQ.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 08, 2022, 04:47:12 PMI paid a tenner for Swinsian and it was fucking great - if I had a Mac, I'd go back to it in a second. Also, the dev responded to my tech support requests in minutes, and didn't even insult me for not reading about the problem in the FAQ.

Superb!

Cheers for that.
Got it and it's just about perfect.

It was unbelievably quick to plough through the tagging on my library - all set up and ready to go in about an hour.

Much appreciated.

———————

Cheers also @Dr Rock for the suggestion.
I was struggling to get an old version of iTunes to load up.