Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 08:47:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GC Rowling's Battlefield TERF, part 2: Fantastic Wheeshts and Where to Find Them

Started by Mister Six, April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

With the original thread rapidly nearing 100 pages and that Fantastic Wheeshts pun burning a hole in my back pocket (apologies to whomever I stole it from in the Glinner thread - please make yourself known!), I thought I might as well kick off the second part of Rowling's commercial death spiral.

Timeline of events:
  • Writes some really popular kids' books about a little boy who attacks the disabled
  • Signs off on Hollywood films and merchandising blitz that keeps the popularity of the franchise afloat beyond the books' normal lifespan
  • Becomes UK National Treasure™ for paying her taxes despite billionaire status
  • Buys a castle, goes on Twitter, slowly disengages from reality
  • Goes mental fighting the Evil Jeremy Crobbins via tweet in order to save Britain's Jews from (???) and coincidentally stops him from being able to raise taxes on the billionaire class; gets lovebombed to fuck by liberal melts
  • Releases some increasingly bloated and tedious crime books that make her look increasingly like a one-trick pony
  • Starts slyly liking and resharing transphobe garbage on Twitter
  • Young fans disillusioned with her growing public transphobia question her publicly - the worst thing that can happen to a rich blue-tick - and start to turn their backs on her
  • Shits out some kids' book for charity, in a probable move to improve her public image - what could go wrong?
  • Wolf claimed the Facebook post in which he'd said he wanted to 'fuck up some TERFs' was just 'bravado.' #TheIckabog
  • PR team eventually just gives up pretending this stuff is an accident
  • Makes a statement in which she bleats about her history of abuse by a cis man like it has any bearing on slagging off trans women, and pulls the old "reasonable concerns" shite
  • Publishes a book in which a serial killer dresses up like a woman to rape and murder lasses in the bogs, meaning that her brain contains at least 100% more instances of this than the real world
  • Aware that fans are ditching Potter, renaming their Quidditch leagues and basically telling Rowling to GTF, the makers of a Hogwarts video game distance themselves from the author
  • Despite the release of the third Fantastic Beasts film coming up shortly, Rowling starts sucking up to virulent public transphobes like Maya Floorsharter on Twitter
  • WB executives' wailing can be heard across the length and breadth of LA
  • Gathers together her like-minded bigots for a photo op in which she looks like she's sucking on a frozen dog turd throughout
  • Fantastic Beasts franchise goes onto life support
  • One good thing: still hasn't acknowledged Graham Linehan

Ferris

On a scale of 1-10, how delighted are you that you got to use that title?

Mister Six

I'm concerned that if I try to write my happiness down as a numerical value, I'll use up the world's supply of zeroes and commas.

TheGingerAlien

Honestly don't know where you can go after that. 10/10 excellent poster A+++ would read again

TheGingerAlien

Just realised I've never actually read anything by JK Rowling. Wrong thread. Peace

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on April 14, 2022, 09:52:12 PMJust realised I've never actually read anything by JK Rowling. Wrong thread. Peace
If we'd called this sequel thread the Crimes of Glindelwald, then you'd be right on-topic: nobody watched that, either.

Ferris

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on April 14, 2022, 10:27:54 PMIf we'd called this sequel thread the Crimes of Glindelwald, then you'd be right on-topic: nobody watched that, either.

I was dragged to that by a friend of a friend in Toronto and had a wonderful nap in the cinema. Still think about it. Wonderful.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on April 14, 2022, 09:52:12 PMJust realised I've never actually read anything by JK Rowling. Wrong thread. Peace
Honestly me neither. I watched a couple of the films because my youngest sister (hovering on the cusp of Millenial/Gen Z) was really into it. Otherwise everything I know about Harry Potter I know by osmosis. It was the fandom in the early 2000s which was right when I started using the internet, beginning my now 22-year-long descent into sad bastardry.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead on April 14, 2022, 10:27:54 PMIf we'd called this sequel thread the Crimes of Glindelwald, then you'd be right on-topic: nobody watched that, either.

Again, sorry people I thought this was the Robert Galbraith thread. plz delete

selectivememory

Quote from: Mister Six on April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PMPublishes a book in which a serial killer dresses up like a woman to rape and murder lasses in the bogs, meaning that her brain contains at least 100% more instances of this than the real world

Wait, really? Fucking hell.

5* thread title btw 👏

dead-ced-dead

As well as the young fans abandoning her, it also continues to warm the ol' cockles that Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Ralph put as much clear blue water between them and her as possible.

Zetetic

If you're going to mention her relationship to Corbyn, then it might also be worth touching on her support for Unionism, not least because this represents a major foray into throwing social and financial capital at a political issue.

Dex Sawash

Kankurette

'Wheesht' is a Scots word for 'shut up'. As in Paw Broon saying 'wheesht, wumman' or 'haud yer wheesht'. Scotland has some hardcore TERFs, and they use 'WomenWontWheesht' as their slogan, i.e. 'women won't shut up'.

Barry Admin

Thread theme tune! Cause I spent like three or four days doing nothing but listening obsessively to this and can't get enough of her other music. This was represented by JK Rowling as a serious threat to "murder" her - Rowling is a professional crybully who likes to post loads of transphobic shit, then keep the media narrative going by deliberately searching for men or trans women who tell her to fuck off. She then gets her 14 million followers to dogpile the person in question.

Anyway yeah, very grateful to Rowling for the introduction to Faye Fadem and hyperpop, enjoy:

bonus track because the hook is outrageous
[close]

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 15, 2022, 12:06:46 PMThread theme tune! Cause I spent like three or four days doing nothing but listening obsessively to this and can't get enough of her other music. This was represented by JK Rowling as a threat to "murder" her:

[close]

Coincidentally the Quietus just did a feature on TAAHLIAH who's another trans artist making stuff that's considered hyperpop (although I don't think she necessarily uses that label herself):
https://thequietus.com/articles/31347-taahliah-2

Barry Admin

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 15, 2022, 12:11:57 PMCoincidentally the Quietus just did a feature on TAAHLIAH who's another trans artist making stuff that's considered hyperpop (although I don't think she necessarily uses that label herself):
https://thequietus.com/articles/31347-taahliah-2

Thanks, I'll check it out! At its best it's a really exciting and inventive genre, I'm fascinated by it.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Kankurette on April 15, 2022, 11:54:41 AM'Wheesht' is a Scots word for 'shut up'. As in Paw Broon saying 'wheesht, wumman' or 'haud yer wheesht'. Scotland has some hardcore TERFs, and they use 'WomenWontWheesht' as their slogan, i.e. 'women won't shut up'.

+1 / -0 Karma

Mister Six

(continued from the previous thread)

Quote from: lipsink on April 15, 2022, 10:04:07 AMHaven't polls shown that the majority of cis women don't actually give a shit about trans women being in their toilet spaces?

I remember Shon Faye appeared on Loose Women recently and was treated so lovely it put a big smile on my face. I don't think she was asked once about toilets.

Given that her book opens with her explaining that she doesn't do TV or other media appearances because she's not interested in participating in the Trans Menace Debate Circus, she must have had very strong assurances that she wouldn't be subjected to that shite.

Has Loose Women had transphobes on there talking about "GC" shite before?

Sebastian Cobb

What's happened to Shon Faye, I know she had a book out, but she appears to have dropped off twitter and disappeared a bit.

canadagoose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 15, 2022, 01:40:53 PMWhat's happened to Shon Faye, I know she had a book out, but she appears to have dropped off twitter and disappeared a bit.
She was getting harassed to hell on Twitter, so I think she took a break. She's still doing writing though, I think.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 15, 2022, 01:40:53 PMWhat's happened to Shon Faye, I know she had a book out, but she appears to have dropped off twitter and disappeared a bit.

I think she took some time off, but she's back on Instagram at least. She may have dropped Twitter because... well, Twitter.

Interestingly, when Shon went to Spain to promote the Spanish language translation of her book, she said all the major newspapers over there offered to interview her to promote the book.

It seems it was a really refreshing experience because she also said that in the U.K. not one offer was made to her. Kinda shows just how isolated we are with ol transphobia (at least in the respect where it's a mainstream thing and not just something for fringe weirdos).

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah I saw the other day the UK is alongside Russia and Hungary in the 'most transphobic' place rankings, bleak.

Zetetic

Would be interested to see that ranking if you can remember what it was.

It's notable that - for now - that's in stark contrast to something like ILGA-Europe's Rainbow Ranking (and relevant subscales), given the UK's actual legal and policy situation.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zetetic on April 15, 2022, 01:59:37 PMWould be interested to see that ranking if you can remember what it was.

It's notable that - for now - that's in stark contrast to something like ILGA-Europe's Rainbow Ranking (and relevant subscales), given the UK's actual legal and policy situation.

This was the article I read:
https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-26/uk-named-alongside-russia-in-lgbt-hate-report-due-to-transphobia

It looks like it was a PACE report. Although it doesn't look like the rankings are there: https://pace.coe.int/en/news/8582/rights-of-lgbti-people-advances-achieved-are-under-threat-pace-says

Kankurette

I have to admit, I did laugh at the line 'Piccolo with the tech, but my man's balls are inert'.

Zetetic

Cheers @Sebastian Cobb ; looks like the club named is, for better or worse, about having very loud transphobic voices in media and government (rather than the attitudes and behaviour of the general population or interactions with legal and healthcare systems, for example).

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 15, 2022, 12:06:46 PMThread theme tune! Cause I spent like three or four days doing nothing but listening obsessively to this and can't get enough of her other music. This was represented by JK Rowling as a serious threat to "murder" her - Rowling is a professional crybully who likes to post loads of transphobic shit, then keep the media narrative going by deliberately searching for men or trans women who tell her to fuck off. She then gets her 14 million followers to dogpile the person in question.

Anyway yeah, very grateful to Rowling for the introduction to Faye Fadem and hyperpop, enjoy:

[close]

When JK QT'ed Faye her follower count more than doubled but she also received shit loads of abuse. Impressively she never went priv or deactivated as most people do. She stayed around and doubled down, reposted the song after twitter deleted it and spent a while arguing with alt-righters. Takes a lot of bravery to do that. I still find the song unbearably cringe inducing though.

Mister Six

Quote from: Kankurette on April 15, 2022, 02:34:32 PMI have to admit, I did laugh at the line 'Piccolo with the tech, but my man's balls are inert'.

Apparently that's a reference to a meme.