Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:16:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Asymptomatic

Started by Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, April 21, 2022, 04:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I've been testing positive for the last week, but haven't had so much as a sniffle, while my housemates have all been ill with it. I'm certainly not complaining, but I am somewhat confused.

I know disease symptoms are caused by the immune system, rather than the infection itself. Since I haven't keeled over dead, I assume my immune system isn't just letting the virus run amok, so what's going on? Are my white blood cells managing to purge the virus without the need for scorched earth tactics?

purlieu

Quite possibly, yeah. I'd definitely play it safe and rest though.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Asymptomatic addict insane

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

After testing negative a week ago, I've been feeling rather rough for the last few days: I've got a very sore neck, a bit of a headache, a bit phlegmy and a mild sore throat.

There could well be alternative explanations for all of it, but is it possible to get covid after effects from an asymptomatic case?

Poobum

No way to control it
It's totally asymptomatic
Whenever you're around
I'm walking blindfolded
Completely asymptomatic
All of my immune systems are down

Rizla

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 30, 2022, 04:00:24 PMAfter testing negative a week ago, I've been feeling rather rough for the last few days: I've got a very sore neck, a bit of a headache, a bit phlegmy and a mild sore throat.

There could well be alternative explanations for all of it, but is it possible to get covid after effects from an asymptomatic case?
That's what happened to me - tested positive for about a week, with zero ill effects, then got "a bit of a sniffle" once I was testing negative. Didn't really think about it, assumed I just got a normal cold off one of the kids.