Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,361
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:53:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttgammon

Sex Matters sounds like one of those dodgy shops with no windows that you see on an arterial road in a provincial city.

Mindy Simmons

I had a weird dream Graham had a new show, and it was animated like an 8-bit video game. He's in my fucking dreams now.

Alberon

It's about the only place he's ever going to get anything commissioned again.

petril

Quote from: Alberon on May 04, 2022, 07:37:15 PMIt's about the only place he's ever going to get anything commissioned again.

yeah, the time period when 8-bit video games were the cutting edge of technology

pigamus

Quote from: damien on May 04, 2022, 06:30:19 PMYeah I was looking at the front pages of the main papers for the last few days and there hasn't been one single Trans story on any of them. So much for 'the most significant female movement since the Suffragettes'.

Is it because we're in purdah, and their photo is election-y?

Juan K Perros

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on May 04, 2022, 07:35:38 PMI had a weird dream Graham had a new show, and it was animated like an 8-bit video game. He's in my fucking dreams now.

Jet Set Utter Willy

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on May 04, 2022, 07:35:38 PMI had a weird dream Graham had a new show, and it was animated like an 8-bit video game. He's in my fucking dreams now.
A relatively rare treat for me in the Glinner threads is people reporting their Bananadreams, if only for the reassuring "not just me, then" feeling.

FalknerHinton

I knew that Twitter had comparatively poor numbers, and yes, the data is two years old (though I doubt it's changed significantly), but you look at this chart and realise how pathetic it is to be so obsessed with being on Twitter that you torpedo your whole life.

Just... have some fucking self respect man.

Elfking

Daily Mail only care about transphobia in the same way they are peddling the bollocks about "beergate", as a way to attack the Labour Party and the left.

Kankurette

Yep. It's not the fact Keith had a bevvy. It's the fact someone they don't like had a bevvy.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: FalknerHinton on May 04, 2022, 09:29:39 PMI knew that Twitter had comparatively poor numbers, and yes, the data is two years old (though I doubt it's changed significantly), but you look at this chart and realise how pathetic it is to be so obsessed with being on Twitter that you torpedo your whole life.

Figures from Jan 2022 have FB at 2910 million, Twitter at 436 million, still below Pinterest and Snapchat. From Jan 2022, 3.3% of social media users say Twitter is their favourite social media platform (which seems to include chat), against 14.8% for Insta and 14.3% for FB.

Dr Rock

The Blue Ticks and trolls love it so much they don't realise the audience pissed off years ago.

somersetchris

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 04, 2022, 10:31:32 PMFigures from Jan 2022 have FB at 2910 million, Twitter at 436 million, still below Pinterest and Snapchat. From Jan 2022, 3.3% of social media users say Twitter is their favourite social media platform (which seems to include chat), against 14.8% for Insta and 14.3% for FB.

It is noteworthy that Twitter has significantly fewer users than other platforms, but that chart is not to scale, is it? The block showing 400 is twice as big as the one showing 326. I know it's a small thing but misleading charts piss me off, like the recent one showing Tesla stock falling off a cliff - but because the scale was 800 to 1000, and didn't start at zero. The graph made it look like the stock was worthless.

Ferris

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 04, 2022, 10:33:42 PMThe Blue Ticks and trolls love it so much they don't realise the audience pissed off years ago.

It's due an absolute reckoning. They've got in shit in the past for including "automated" (bot) accounts in their usage stats, and I genuinely know 2 people who actually use it. I've said it before, but same for Facebook - nobody uses it. You can't claim billions of active users if it's a ghost town.

They still have value as platforms, but nothing like the imagined value they have now. Maybe not as much as they had 10 years ago - people are sick of them (though google is likely invincible at this point). It's all about selling data - someone not using your service means you don't collect their data so you're fucked. Everyone uses google (and will continue to do so) for searches, and their advertising business is sound.

I've sold all my tech stocks (and don't own google for ethical reasons) and I'd be yelling all this from the rooftops if I was a hedge fund. These things are bloated and ripe for a collapse if the wrong board report gets released...

By 2025 fb and twitter will be worth 20% of what they are now, a similar fall to MySpace. I'm convinced that's why the twitter board sold up - probably couldn't believe their luck that some dipshit chud turned up with more money than conventional business sense.

Bookmark it.

Elfking

Quote from: FalknerHinton on May 04, 2022, 09:29:39 PMI knew that Twitter had comparatively poor numbers, and yes, the data is two years old (though I doubt it's changed significantly), but you look at this chart and realise how pathetic it is to be so obsessed with being on Twitter that you torpedo your whole life.

Someone just paid $43 billion for that.

Twitter has never been able to make money. It's platform is really, really difficult to monetise and most attempts in the past have failed miserably. The "business genius" Elon Musk cannot hope to ever make money back, it's literally all vanity for him.

Mister Six

Quote from: Ferris on May 05, 2022, 12:38:33 AMBy 2025 fb and twitter will be worth 20% of what they are now, a similar fall to MySpace. I'm convinced that's why the twitter board sold up - probably couldn't believe their luck that some dipshit chud turned up with more money than conventional business sense.

Didn't they have to sell up? I thought it was a bear hug situation, although I haven't paid much attention as I try to minimise my exposure to Musk.

Zetetic

Pleasing to see a sensible reflection on inclusive language in The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/05/language-maternity-trans-parents-parenthood-gender

(Edit: Including touching on the double-edged nature of "women" and similar terms in maternity services.)

Ex_GC

That's a really good piece and very balanced. I just hope to never see the term 'birthing bodies' ever again

Dr Rock

They're working on it. It will probably evolve to 'Hey you! Got a bollock? Come this way'

somersetchris

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 05, 2022, 10:59:42 AM

Obviously it's not okay to get up and attack someone on stage because it could have been far worse, *but* the take I've seen a lot of that 'you should never get up on stage because comedians should be protected but lol look at this bloke getting beaten up' is a very strange one.

retsuza

He says as he logs into his other account to do exactly this
(bornAgeDie is Sian)

I don't get why he's still using oliophi as there is no engagement, might as well open up GL7 and go back to O if that account gets suspended.

Ex_GC

There's still deniability there especially as his mate who owns the account has said 'it's not Graham's account, it's my alt'. His mate who owns the account is a mug for allowing him to use the account and say things like 'stick it up your arse'

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 05, 2022, 11:40:51 AMI don't get why he's still using oliophi as there is no engagement, might as well open up GL7 and go back to O if that account gets suspended.

just a substitute for that ragdoll game now his son has changed his steam account password

Ex_GC

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 05, 2022, 11:59:33 AMYeah, that's a good point

Everyone knows it's him, he knows we know, he has outed it as his sock god knows how many times and I think he gets a thrill out of that as well as the deniability. He can say whatever he wants and his mug mate will still say 'that's not Graham, it's my alt account'

Jumblegraws

How do the Glindr stats compare?

No but seriously, I remember about Glindr every few months and wonder if there's still active users over there. Is there?

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 04, 2022, 08:31:39 PMA relatively rare treat for me in the Glinner threads is people reporting their Bananadreams, if only for the reassuring "not just me, then" feeling.

It's a weird phenomenon among us Banana-cunt Watchers!

I'm annoyed my subconscious commissioned him. :P

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: Jumblegraws on May 05, 2022, 12:22:37 PMHow do the Glindr stats compare?

No but seriously, I remember about Glindr every few months and wonder if there's still active users over there. Is there?

Sian, probably.