Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Youtube Homepage Not Updating

Started by checkoutgirl, May 08, 2022, 04:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Usually using youtube when you type in a few videos they show up on the homepage with related suggestions and further videos from the same source or similar. For the last few months it's stubbornly refused to do so, instead opting for Gordon Ramsay holding a big pizza, a woman on a piano in a shopping centre, someone called MrBeast who I've never watched a video of and the ubiquitous Amber and Depp, again no interest in them. She's a psycho, I get it.

I'm not logging in and certainly not paying and I'm guessing it's deliberately giving the shittest possible service to the non logged in, slightly better maybe for logged in and a great bunch of lads for the paying subscribers?

I hate logging into google owned things which youtube has been for years. Even buying a new PC has Microsoft nagging you to log in and do a bunch of shit so they can track and monetise you.

Anyone got any advice on improving the youtube experience? I mean, if you're interested in a man restoring a rusty shotgun or deals gone wrong on Pawnstars you're in for a treat but otherwise, bleurgh!

Dex Sawash

I'm using YouTube vanced on android, not logged in ever and recommendations are ok/related to activity.