Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

August 18, 2022, 02:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

The Trevor Bastard Extended Universe

Started by canadagoose, May 26, 2022, 03:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

How come there isn't a topic for this? It's one of my favourite Twitter comedy, er, phenomena, and although I follow most of the characters (I think Churnwell is my favourite) I still haven't discovered all of them yet.

For the few that haven't heard of it, it's a set of Twitter accounts who interact with each other and parody a mix of centrists, a low-level football team, QCs, DJs, and other media figures. They've got a parody news site, Bazake, which has taken in the Daily Mirror before, as well as countless people on Twitter. In my opinion, it's well worth observing and interacting with, and they frequently produce hilarious results.

What do you think?

(By the way, I still enjoy how Streatham Rovers' ground is Gala Fairydean's. I never thought that stadium would be known about outside the Borders.)

king_tubby

I'm glad you started this thread as I've been meaning to do one for ages and just never pulled my finger out. It's one of the main reasons I use Twitter. I'll add some more this evening when I'm not at work.

canadagoose

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2022, 04:05:22 PMI'm glad you started this thread as I've been meaning to do one for ages and just never pulled my finger out. It's one of the main reasons I use Twitter. I'll add some more this evening when I'm not at work.
Same here. I mean, I like the friends I've made on there, and the ability to do short rants, but the TBEU is great stuff.

king_tubby

Oliver Oxford-Laughdugry's NFT tribute to his late wife. NSFW

https://twitter.com/sarah_ox_laugh/status/1477626460676534275

Picked up on by NFT crypto accounts who were just completely baffled. Featuring Oliver's increasingly demented responses to the criticism he got.

Streatham Rovers team sheet insult.

https://twitter.com/streathamrovers/status/1115680648684081153

Fooled the researchers on Have I Got News For You.

https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/1116815394252251136

(also @canadagoose could you change the title around please? Also any relation to Taff?)

canadagoose

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2022, 04:48:29 PMOliver Oxford-Laughdugry's NFT tribute to his late wife. NSFW

https://twitter.com/sarah_ox_laugh/status/1477626460676534275

Picked up on by NFT crypto accounts who were just completely baffled. Featuring Oliver's increasingly demented responses to the criticism he got.

Streatham Rovers team sheet insult.

https://twitter.com/streathamrovers/status/1115680648684081153

Fooled the researchers on Have I Got News For You.

https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/1116815394252251136

(also @canadagoose could you change the title around please? Also any relation to Taff?)

What do you want me to change it to? It's always hard to think of a name for them, but I'm open to ideas.

king_tubby

Quote from: canadagoose on May 26, 2022, 04:53:06 PMWhat do you want me to change it to? It's always hard to think of a name for them, but I'm open to ideas.

Trevor Bastard Extended Universe rather than ETBU, sorry!

Sebastian Cobb


canadagoose

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2022, 04:54:42 PMTrevor Bastard Extended Universe rather than ETBU, sorry!
Ah! Yes, I'll do that now.

The Bumlord

Do we know any of the people behind this?

canadagoose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 26, 2022, 04:54:54 PMCraig Ovens is my favourite.
Yeah, he's great too. "Offended??? 😂😂😂"

canadagoose

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 26, 2022, 04:55:41 PMDo we know any of the people behind this?
I'm sure Neil said the main person behind it was someone related to an ex-user here (Ronnie the Raincoat?) but I'm not sure if they actually posted themselves.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: canadagoose on May 26, 2022, 04:57:15 PMI'm sure Neil said the main person behind it was someone related to an ex-user here (Ronnie the Raincoat?) but I'm not sure if they actually posted themselves.

Quote from: Ronnie the Raincoat on June 26, 2021, 07:31:04 PMI am married to Trevor Bastard

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: canadagoose on May 26, 2022, 04:57:15 PMI'm sure Neil said the main person behind it was someone related to an ex-user here (Ronnie the Raincoat?) but I'm not sure if they actually posted themselves.

Dunno about all of them but Ovens has jokingly mentioned himself being the talk of CaB after his latest butlins gig, and also used some screenshots from here in an argument with an embittered former poster so it's safe to say they probably have knocked around here a bit.

Edit:
QuoteThe easily offended over at Cook'd and Bomb'd slag me off, but the fact is they have no idea what it takes to dazzle a Butlin's audience. No idea.
https://twitter.com/OvensComedy/status/1446477987059224581



Fambo Number Mive

I love Simon Hedges, that's the main one I look at. Lovely parody of the ghastly centrist media types out there.

I deleted my Twitter account and the TBEU is one of the few things I miss. That and the Duke Smoochem guy.

I think this article is a good introduction if you're unfamiliar with the TBEU (though it's a few years old now, and the universe has extended considerably since it was written: https://theoutline.com/post/8466/trevor-bastard-extended-universe-twitter-art


chip

This all seems very obtuse to someone who has no interest in football or UK politics (and who thinks Centrism sounds sensible). Guess I should probably just pass on this one.

king_tubby

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 26, 2022, 05:33:23 PMI love Simon Hedges, that's the main one I look at. Lovely parody of the ghastly centrist media types out there.


Yeah, Hedges was the first I spotted back in the day.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/53n9v8/the-new-wave-of-satire-for-our-morbid-political-landscape


wrec

Mostly aware of Zands and Hedges. Very welcome comic relief around the peak anti-Corbyn / FBPE period. Often happens that I hear about some brainworms-afflicted character saying something ridiculous, I look at their profile and it says "followed by Simon Hedges and Dr Robert 'Rob' Zands PhD".

king_tubby

Thin skinned wine box Rob, or old 'dribbletits' as I like to call him.

I think my favourite thread of his was when he tried to use the 'picture of a horse my 4 year old drew' that had gone viral a week or so earlier and people kept snitch tagging the original creator in and getting angrier and angrier that he was trying to piggyback off it.

canadagoose

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2022, 05:52:20 PMThin skinned wine box Rob, or old 'dribbletits' as I like to call him.

I think my favourite thread of his was when he tried to use the 'picture of a horse my 4 year old drew' that had gone viral a week or so earlier and people kept snitch tagging the original creator in and getting angrier and angrier that he was trying to piggyback off it.
I must have missed that one, do you have a link?

king_tubby

Sorry, lost to the depths of time I'm afraid, it was a couple of years ago at least.

canadagoose

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2022, 06:00:13 PMSorry, lost to the depths of time I'm afraid, it was a couple of years ago at least.
No worries, I'll find it somehow!

idunnosomename

has anyone notcied the inside of a cheese grater looks like every 00s rap video?

pigamus

Quote from: chip on May 26, 2022, 05:38:59 PMThis all seems very obtuse to someone who has no interest in football or UK politics (and who thinks Centrism sounds sensible). Guess I should probably just pass on this one.

It seems like a smug load of old bollocks designed to humiliate any poor sod who doesn't know it's a parody. Not for me really.

beanheadmcginty

How do people know which accounts are part of the TBEU and which aren't? Presumably they don't admit it anywhere otherwise they wouldn't be able to fool people.

Ron Superior

Bazake's Princess Di story from the other day destroyed me.

A while ago I paid for their abusive postcard service and it did not disappoint.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 26, 2022, 06:39:16 PMHow do people know which accounts are part of the TBEU and which aren't? Presumably they don't admit it anywhere otherwise they wouldn't be able to fool people.

That's part of the fun I think, there's definitely some swirling around on the outskirts where I'm not sure if they are TBEU or lone guns. I thought Women4Wes might've been but it isn't.

Gurke and Hare

You can usually tell by them all following each other.