Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:29:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bug on iPad?

Started by Johnny Textface, May 27, 2022, 10:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

I've got an old iPad and recently, on a few browsers, some forum pages load and then go blank. Any one else got the steps to recreate? Is this about web 3?

The Guppy

Are they pages with a lot of YouTube videos? Each one of those eats a chunk of memory and the browser tries to load them all. Older devices run out of memory and shit themselves.

Johnny Textface

Could be yeah. There's probably some security patch that my iPad doesn't support now. Poo

canadagoose

Quote from: Johnny Textface on May 27, 2022, 10:16:45 PMI've got an old iPad and recently, on a few browsers, some forum pages load and then go blank. Any one else got the steps to recreate? Is this about web 3?
I've experienced this before on older systems. If you wait a minute or two, is it still blank?

Johnny Textface

Quote from: canadagoose on May 28, 2022, 12:52:52 PMI've experienced this before on older systems. If you wait a minute or two, is it still blank?

Unfortunately not. Left it for about 10 mins. An example is the new landing page (YouTube of Winnie the Pooh).

canadagoose

Quote from: Johnny Textface on May 29, 2022, 11:02:54 AMUnfortunately not. Left it for about 10 mins. An example is the new landing page (YouTube of Winnie the Pooh).
Ah. In that case, what @The Guppy said. If it wasn't an iPad I would say try a modern browser.